Market research.. official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options

Comments

• sammy452
    Options
    Received the following this morning, thought it might be of some interest to someone.

fhios has been contracted by a hotel chain to conduct some research in order to help improve their website and would like to invite travel agents, corporate individuals and general public to take part. Everyone who participates will receive £50, which will be paid in cash, for their time and expenses at the end of the interview.

The research consists of attending an interview that lasts no more than 2 hours in our research facility in central London (The Media Center, 3-8 Carburton street, W1W 5AJ) on the 25th and 26th of February at various times throughout the day and evening at your convenience. During the interview, you will be asked to perform some simple tasks on our client's website and provide your likes, dislikes and feedback. The standard scheduled times are:

09.00-11.00 am

11.30-13.30 pm

14.30-16.30 pm

17.00-19.00 pm

If you are interested in taking part, please click on the link or copy and paste the link into your browser address bar to complete the pre-participation form.

Start Survey

Please feel free to pass this on to any family or friends that you feel would be interested. If they want to take part in future research, they can register free at http://www.fhios-uxd.com

Please note completing the survey above does not automatically qualify you for the research. If you meet the requirements for the research, you will be contacted via email and will be assigned a date and time to attend.
    Nyks Interest Beater £29/£260
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    they are always in london these things so annoying.
    :footie:
  • kphil61
    Options
    In Martin's article, he says:
    "Focus-group based market research can pay between £30 and £50 for a couple of hours of talking. To get started in it, look up local agencies in the Yellow Pages, or try Saros Research online"

This isn't really accurate. Focus groups are recruited by people like me and you won't find us in the Yellow Pages. It tends to be done via networking and word of mouth. We always need more people and anyway that we can spread the word would be great.
    I have been recruiting market research group discussions for 23 years in the Nottingham area. I also have extensive contacts with other recruiters around the UK. If anyone is interested in putting their name forward to attend groups, I could pass names on to people in the relevant areas.
    I am also having a web site written which will inform and educate people about what market research is and how they can get involved. It will have a facility for people who are interested to be put in touch with someone in their locality who might be able to use them.
    Typically a standard discussion lasts one and a half hours and people receive around £35 for attending. They can be longer or shorter and payment varies according to the difficulty of getting the group together. For instance, I am currently having to get together a group of 10 carpenters/joiners who use nail guns regularly and for that they wiil receive £60 for a 2 hour discussion.
    Groups tend to take place in home (usually mine) or hotels or in special research studios.
    Everything we do is governed by the rules of the Market Research Society which ensures your privacy and reassures you that it is all above board.
    If you'd like any more information, do PM me.
    Lynne Chapman
    Considered Response
    Nottingham

Can I take you up on your offer to pass my name to any colleagues/contacts you have in the Cheshire area? I live near Northwich (CW9 area) and am looking for some interesting ways to earn a little spare money.
    Hope to hear from you.
    Kphil61.
  • lynnechapman
    Options
    kphil61 wrote: »
    Can I take you up on your offer to pass my name to any colleagues/contacts you have in the Cheshire area? I live near Northwich (CW9 area) and am looking for some interesting ways to earn a little spare money.
    Hope to hear from you.
    Kphil61.

Would you like to PM me with your e-mail address?
    Lynne
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    is the website gonna come off lynne?
    :footie:
  • lynnechapman
    Options
    red_devil wrote: »
    is the website gonna come off lynne?
    Yes, it's being written and tested at the moment. I'm very excited.
    Lynne
  • svmitche
    Options
    Lightspeed have started paying as PayPal money and so I've started getting that. In my recent surveys they have 'paid' 110 points and since a £1 PayPal deposit is 115 I've been able to redeem on average £1 per survey (had a small number of points from shorter surveys in the account). Also, with their redemption system a £1 deposit is 115 points, but a £2 deposit is 231 points, so if you redeem 2 individual £1 deposits rather than saving up for £2 you save yourself a point - not much I know but it does build up.

Pinecone also pay as PayPal and ACOP pay by cheque so this is real money too.

Although I've not made much through Ciao for surveys, I have managed to build up a good balance (about £45) through writing reviews for their listed products. It does need some time putting into it, as if you submit a crap review you don't make any money. I've concentrated on products/services I know well, done a bit of extra research on them and left some detailed reviews and I'm happy with what I have made for the effort. You do need to build up a balance of £5 before you can withdraw it though and as some of the products only pay 1/2 a penny for each person who rates you it can be slow to build up, but the more you put in the more you will get so if you have the time I think it's worth it. Their surveys are difficult to get through though - I think out of all the invitations I've received I've only ever been accepted for one or two short (and not well-paying) ones!
    I'm so sexy it's a wonder my underpants don't explode.
  • homeworkeruk
    Options
    Here's another focus group invite - London again, sorry!

fhios has been contracted by a petroleum company to conduct some research amongst motor sport enthusiasts/information seekers into their use of online motoring information sites.

We will be conducting focus groups and one to one interview from 4th till 7th of march in central London and would like to invite motor sports enthusiasts aged 18 - 55 to take part. Everyone who takes part in the focus groups will receive £50 (in cash) for their time and expenses, at the end of the session.

The research consists of attending a focus group discussion for up to 2 hours at our studios in central London - The Media Centre, 3-8 Carburton street, London, W1W 5AJ on 4th,5th , 6th or 7th of March at various times throughout the day and evening at your convenience. During the focus group, you will take part in an informal group discussion about motor sports websites with like minded people and provide your likes, dislikes and feedback. The scheduled testing times are :

10.00-12.00
    13.00-15.00
    16.00-18.00

18.00-20.00

If you are interested in taking part please click on the link below or copy and paste the link into your browser address bar and complete the pre-participation form.

https://www.questionpro.com/akira/gateway/895204-19690264-0

Please feel free to pass this on to any family or friends, who are motor sport enthusiasts, that you feel would be interested.
  • ADB_3
    Options
    Hi Lynne, I would like to take up your offer to take part in any market research sessions that you run or are run by others within your network.

Please let me know what information you need from me.

Kind regards,
    Andrew
  • D4WNO
    D4WNO Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to PM her with your name and address details with email address
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing