Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,511 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news.
    Is it as a Christmas temp?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's temporary but some of the temps wil be kept on. I guess it's like being on probaion without them actually saying that.

Have located most of the paperwork they've requested. Not a clue where my original plastic NI card is. I haven't seen it since the late 1980s.

Now having interview outfit panic. Clueless as to what to wear. The letter they sent says smart. Is this smart? It's been lurking in my wrdrobe for the past couple of years. I can team it up with black boots and leggings and I feel great in it without being paranoid. But is it too casual? Should I be considering trousers and a shirt? or a suit? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

Have booked my bi-annual shearing for tomorrow. Planning to have my limp grey ponytail replaced with a sophisticated jaw length bob. Hoping that gives the curls something to do.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,511 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That jumper looks good.
    Any black trousers?
    Leggings would be ok though.
    Bobs are good :cool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi moo, I probably wouldn't go with a jumper personally. Though it does depend on the job. I would still got for smart trousers and a jacket and blouse.....

But maybe I am a bit old fashioned..
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • MrBloater
    MrBloater Posts: 750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moo, if I was interviewing candidates for temp work and you came in that jumper and leggings I would assume that at the very best you would only be wanting the job temporarily, and at worst I would assume you had been forced to apply by the Job Centre. You won't go wrong with a jacket / blouse / trousers or skirt. You won't get a second chance for the first impression - if you want them to take you seriously then you are going to have to dress accordingly.
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry moo, as an employer, that doesnt cut it as smart to me unless youre applying for an arty student type post.
    Smart means a blouse and jacket to me.
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • moo2moo
    Options
    Pants. Thats kinda what I was thinking :(. I've lost so much weight that nothing of the old wardrobe fits me. I have no bum left so trousers look dreadful. Tried the charity shops but everything was far too short. My wardorbe is farcical. I unearthed a pin stripe skirt suit with shoulder pads. It's really not good.

I'm teetering on the brink of being a size 8 which at not far off 6' is positively skeletal. I don't want to be turned down for the job because I look waif like and incapable of the 50 miles per week on foot that is required. Problem is I'm bored so I've been walking the dog far more than normal and I haven't upped my eating to compensate, if anything I've been outdoors at lunchtime and skipped lunch completely. I'm racking up 8 miles on foot doing the school run before I do anything else each day.

I have a couple of floor length skirts that I can doctor at the waistband. I'll figure out which looks best. Problem is I don't feel like me in a skirt, I feel like an imposter. Mahoosive kick up the behoosie is required in the next 48 hours.

Started by borrowing a coat from a friend so at least I won't be turning up in a dog hair covered fleece.
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not skeletal ... Willowy, tall and elegant .

Im jealous, Im a weeble.
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondered it you had considered taking the shoulder pads out of the suit jacket? Some actually look better without, and if you are never going to wear it because of the shoulder pads then you will have lost nothing if it doesn't work. If it works it will make you feel good & there is no better way of going for an interview than starting off feeling good. All the best models are tall and slender! I'm jealous! Sorry! I'll go back to lurking now.
  • moo2moo
    Options
    patanne wrote: »
    Just wondered it you had considered taking the shoulder pads out of the suit jacket? Some actually look better without, and if you are never going to wear it because of the shoulder pads then you will have lost nothing if it doesn't work. If it works it will make you feel good & there is no better way of going for an interview than starting off feeling good. All the best models are tall and slender! I'm jealous! Sorry! I'll go back to lurking now.

Great minds think alike. Shoulder pads now gone. Shoulders reshaped very slightly to loose the bulge they left behind. Also removed the aistband of the skirt, slimmed down the hips and then reattached it so it no longer looks clown like. It's way better than anything else I've tried.

Had my haircut. The bob was disasterous. Didn't suit me at all mostly because the curl took over fortuanately the hairdresser was great and has tapered it into my neck and trimmed it so that the curl does it's thing but ooks like that's what it's supposed to do. It looks much better than I expected even if it is scarily short. DD1 didn't help by informing me I looked like Granny. Humph. Still everyone I've bumped into so far has noticed so I guess it makes an impact.

Documents are are together. Research on the company is done. All that remains is to actually make it to the interview and get through it without putting my foot in it. That's going to be the hard part.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport