Yet more financial faux pas and many other disasterous decisions

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,364 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive vibes your way then.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HOpe it all goes well for you. I will keep my fingers crossed too.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shorts????
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Shorts????

Oh yes. I live in shorts from February to November.

No news but that means no delayed reaction recjection either.

Plans for today involve the avoidance of bank balance checking because at some point this week it's going to lurch intot he red and theres sweet FA I can do about it other than not spend any money at all on anything whatsoever for any reason. Hopefully that will keep me within the free portion of my overdraft until the child benefit hits my account. Will need a magic wand for next month.

Spent yesterday washing fleece and tidying up. Even got as far as mopping the kitchen floor, sweeping through the house and vacuuming what little carpet we have left. Boredom has hit in a mahoosive way. It's that bad that I no longer have an ironing pile and have put the ironing board away for the first time in months.

On the bright side the fourlegged fieend is now fully recovered from her op and is allowed to venture forth without the giant plastic cone of shame so we can at least go for long walks in the park. Much stomping through the autumn leaves is required.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was wondering what sot of job required shorts in the run up to Christmas............do they have bells on? Santas little helper??:rotfl:

You are hardier than me! I do shorts from 1st March to 31st September....sadly not always in work though. The Crocs and Tevas technically get put away now as its socks too until end of Feb............well only technically because I live in them but wearing socks with them is against the law:cool: so util Feb I only wear at weekends:D

Good luck with the job hunting
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • moo2moo
    Options
    I survived death by Job Centre. They were surprisingly efficient and cheerful. Perhaps it almost being lunchtime helped. Left in a far better mood having not been made to feel like a schoolchild with an F on their reprt child, apparently I'll continue to get money from them until a decisison is made. I guess I'll know by Wednesday.

Still no P45 from the old job. It's almost 3 months since I left.

The OHs lot get more useless with every passing day. Many phonecalls were recieved earlier in the week to say his course had been moved and the course dates changed, a couple of hours later they were changed again and then a day later they were changed for a third time and split so that hes now supposed to be on two different courses at different ends of the UK on the same dates and has been told to book hotels for both of them. Totally bonkers. Have given up trying to keep track of it all.

Managed yesterdays weekly shop for £48. Pretty sure I got everything we need for the next week and have no reason to venture into town for another fortnight so it may well be stretched further still if I can summon up the enthusiasm to attempt something with dried pulses.
  • moo2moo
    Options
    I frivolously spent a fiver on Amazon for a replacement oven seal in the hopes of being able to enter the kitchen without a gas mask when cooking. Unsuprisingly it didn't fit and hat to be modified using some high temperature glue, the old fittings and a wire coathanger. The result was fabulous. It sealed the front of the oven perfectly :j.

It turns out the leak at the front of the oven had been disguising the leak from the back of the oven and the sides of the oven and the underneath of the oven. That coupled with the death rattle coming from the fan and the temperamental heating elements and the grill that regularly catches fire means the oven is no longer usable. The cost of a replacement is :eek:. Fortuantely the top rings still work so I'm not totally screwed.
  • moo2moo
    Options
    Doing the pants on my head happy dance. JSA landed in my bank account making it look remarkably healthy. Hopefully theres enough money in there to cover my outgoings for the month providing nothing unforseen occurs. Should feel quite relieved by this but the OH is now starting with the snide "you're unemployed and I'm not" comments. V. tempted to thump him. Am actually tempted to do a lot more but people go to prison for less.
  • moo2moo
    Options
    I have an interview for the shorts wearing job.

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on the shorts wearing interview, probably not a good idea to wear your pants on your head though....well, certainly not at the interview stage :rotfl:
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts