Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Options

Comments

• THX758
    THX758 Posts: 150 Forumite
    edited 5 March 2017 at 12:07AM
    Options
    Maybe footyguy is talking about the 4.5% - 5.5% discount to the current Ebico energy unit rates you will get if you move with Ebico-RHE, that discount won't apply if you stay with SSE, therefore you will pay about 5% more if you leave Ebico and stay with SSE.
  • whattochoose
    whattochoose Posts: 694 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    THX758 wrote: »
    Maybe footyguy is talking about the 4.5% - 5.5% discount to the current Ebico energy unit rates you will get if you move with Ebico-RHE, that discount won't apply if you stay with SSE, therefore you will pay about 5% more if you leave Ebico and stay with SSE.
    Yes, I'm sure you're right, thinking about it.
    I pay £5 a month at present for my gas supply from SSE/Ebico.
    While I would never disregard any added discounts, losing 5% discount per annum on £60 is not something that worries me unduly, especially if it means I am able to check my gas and electricity from the one place - my SSE online account, which up to now, along with service, I have found to be perfectly satisfactory.
    That said, I'll await SSE getting back to me about my query regarding the "legacy" account and will let members know asap.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ... especially if it means I am able to check my gas and electricity from the one place ...

I realise you probably wont want to hear this, but for the sake of others who may not have read the full details yet...

You'll be able to do all that via the Ebico website if you transfer to Ebico Zero

We offer an online account service to manage your energy tariffs with Ebico
    If you have an online account then you can do the following:
    • View your bills and make payments
    • Provide your meter readings and get an instant balance
    • Track your energy consumption
    • Check the communication sent to you regarding your account
    It’s easy to register and will only take a few minutes. Simply complete Robin Hood Energy online account registration form https://account.ebico.org.uk/login, and an email will be sent back to you to activate your account.
    https://ebico.org.uk/online-account/
  • whattochoose
    edited 5 March 2017 at 2:10PM
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    I realise you probably wont want to hear this, but for the sake of others who may not have read the full details yet...

You'll be able to do all that via the Ebico website if you transfer to Ebico Zero
    https://ebico.org.uk/online-account/

Are you on commission from Ebico! :rotfl:

I'm on a 3 year fixed tariff with SSE for my electricity, hence the "everything together" comments.
    Not a massive inconvenience to have to look at two separate websites, but one just seems better and more tidy and, up to now, always reliable. :)
  • James_Mass
    James_Mass Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 March 2017 at 10:35PM
    Options
    This is the wording on the letter they've posted dated 24 February. I've not received any email correspondent on needing to opt-out.
    If you take no action, your energy will continue to be supplied by SSE at the current energy rate. SSE will write to tell you about any significant change to your current terms and conditions, including any increase of price, at least 30 days before it takes effect.
    This is going to get interesting if they switch people over automatically when the notice advised they do nothing if they want to stay put.
  • THX758
    THX758 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    It's not what is written on my letter. My letter states :

You do not need to do anything to transfer to Ebico Zero. Your transfer will be initiated in two weeks from the date of this letter. However, if you do not wish your supply to be moved to Robin Hood Energy simply visit choice.ebico.org.uk, complete the identification questions using the code xxxxxxxxxx, and your supply arrangements will remain as they are until further notice. You need to let us know by 15th March 2017 if you do not wish this transfer to Robin Hood Energy to go ahead.

The bold words are in bold in the letter.

I have been on the website, you need to tick whether you want to stay with SSE or move to RHE.

Our letters seem to say two different things altogether.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    THX758 wrote: »
    It's not what is written on my letter. My letter states :

You do not need to do anything to transfer to Ebico Zero. Your transfer will be initiated in two weeks from the date of this letter. However, if you do not wish your supply to be moved to Robin Hood Energy simply visit choice.ebico.org.uk, complete the identification questions using the code xxxxxxxxxx, and your supply arrangements will remain as they are until further notice. You need to let us know by 15th March 2017 if you do not wish this transfer to Robin Hood Energy to go ahead.

The bold words are in bold in the letter.

I have been on the website, you need to tick whether you want to stay with SSE or move to RHE.

Our letters seem to say two different things altogether.

Please note that I haven't received the by now almost proverbial letter. So I'm posting kinda blind here.

There are two streams defined by the type of meter. Customers with a credit meter are switched to Ebico Zero but customers with a pre-pay meter are switched to Ebico Prepay. Could be that the different streams get a different letter.
  • whattochoose
    Options
    Are you on commission from Ebico! :rotfl:

I'm on a 3 year fixed tariff with SSE for my electricity, hence the "everything together" comments.
    Not a massive inconvenience to have to look at two separate websites, but one just seems better and more tidy and, up to now, always reliable. :)
    I spoke too soon, email from "Laura" not forthcoming, despite both her and her manager being clueless on Saturday about proposals regarding SSE's Ebico tariff now the two are no longer together, and despite her promising to clarify the situation today and email me, as I requested.
    I will be ringing them tomorrow.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I spoke too soon, email from "Laura" not forthcoming, despite both her and her manager being clueless on Saturday about proposals regarding SSE's Ebico tariff now the two are no longer together, and despite her promising to clarify the situation today and email me, as I requested.
    I will be ringing them tomorrow.

Really?

In 2015 (last year accounts have been produced for) Ebico only had 7 employees, 4 of which were directors.
    (There has since been one extra director appointed)

In contrast, in 2014 they had 10 employees including directors.

I don't know who you might think Laura's manager is, but I recall in the past when I raised an issue that could not be answered by Laura, the matter was escalated directly to the MD to provided me the answer.

So if Phil is clueless on your question, them I fear you won't be getting an answer

Good luck!
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    James_Mass wrote: »
    This is the wording on the letter they've posted dated 24 February. I've not received any email correspondent on needing to opt-out.

This is going to get interesting if they switch people over automatically when the notice advised they do nothing if they want to stay put.

So you've rececived a notification contrary to what everyone else has received, and contrary to what is posted on the Ebico website have you? :cool:

There's always one isn't there...

Good luck!

(And Trump thinks he has problems)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills