Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• mattk_180
    mattk_180 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Not an existing customer retention deal, but I have just managed to sign up to Sky for what I consider to be a good deal I thought I would share.

Was initially looking online and for what we wanted we were looking at;

Standard Sky+ HD box
    No Multi Room
    Sky Box Sets
    Movies
    Sports
    Unlimited Sky Fibre
    Pay as you talk phone

Total Cost = £111 per month + £74 set up fee = £1,406 a year.

Got onto the web chat and assume this is just a standard 50% offer as didn't take too much asking to get;

Sky Q
    Multi Room Included
    HD Sports
    Movies
    Unlimited Sky Fibre
    Pay as you talk phone

Normally £129 a month + £74 set up fee = £1,622 per year

With offer now £62.40 a month and £54 set up fee = £802.80 per year

Total annual saving = £819.20

On a 12 month contract which being a completely new customer I couldn't really do anything about it. I know I'll a fight on my hands to keep that down after the first year but I'll deal with that when the time comes and enjoy my first year savings for now.
  • drummer_290
    Options
    Thanks for the replies all.
    Just to update you that it's been 24 hours and my my-sky inbox only has confirmation messages about all the stuff I've cancelled with the relevant dates of termination etc. No offers yet.

I'll post an update at the same time tomorrow even if there has been no change to the situation.

Currently feeling nervous.
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just to update you that it's been 24 hours and my my-sky inbox only has confirmation messages about all the stuff I've cancelled with the relevant dates of termination etc. No offers yet.

I'll post an update at the same time tomorrow even if there has been no change to the situation.

In my experience one has to wait a while before decent offers arrive. And I'm talking around the time (and most likely after) of your cut off date. If this doesn't happen, that is the time to start feeling nervous, not 24 hours after "cancelling". Have patience (!) and you will be rewarded :)
  • Liberty1577
    Options

You don't just get offers via your inbox. Look on your my sky account as well. Plus you don't have to wait for offers if you don't want to. Give it a week and if you don't hear anything contact them and ask what offers they've got to change your mind. If you like the offers they give then accept it, if not say not good enough and you will proceed with cancellation. Then wait it out a little longer. No need to be nervous, as at this point nothing is irreversible. Just make sure you don't let your phone/bb get turned off.
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Download the Sky Service App for Android, you'll have an offer on there.
  • mastdog
    mastdog Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday with 4 days left until due to cancel I have now renewed by subscription.

50% off full TV HD package
    50% off multiroom
    50% off fibre
    full price line rental

After a lot of persuading managed to get a £50 credit aswell
    will be paying just under £74 a month, closer to £70 if you include the credit in that. discounts run for 12 months with no contract.

A little disapointed I missed out on the 60% as didnt notice it had an expiry date of 3rd october. Anybody got any experience of being able to negotiate better deals after say 6 months.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mastdog wrote: »
    Yesterday with 4 days left until due to cancel I have now renewed by subscription.

50% off full TV HD package
    50% off multiroom
    50% off fibre
    full price line rental

After a lot of persuading managed to get a £50 credit aswell
    will be paying just under £74 a month, closer to £70 if you include the credit in that. discounts run for 12 months with no contract.

A little disapointed I missed out on the 60% as didnt notice it had an expiry date of 3rd october. Anybody got any experience of being able to negotiate better deals after say 6 months.

...surely its only the TV portion which has no min. contract period?? Haven't heard of anyone getting fibre without minimum tie in.:o
  • drummer_290
    Options
    Still no news.
    My-sky inbox still empty and sky service app is another way to access the same inbox so also empty.

Hopefully, if this all works out, my updates will serve as a comfort for anyone going through the same thing in the future.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Still no news.
    My-sky inbox still empty and sky service app is another way to access the same inbox so also empty.

Hopefully, if this all works out, my updates will serve as a comfort for anyone going through the same thing in the future.

Make sure you stop your b/band and phone cancellation; otherwise you lose them within 2 weeks.

Good luck.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2016 at 6:08PM
    Options
    The last 2 years I've cancelled they haven't sent me an email. The only times I've had emails are after it's been switched off. Offers appear elsewhere as well. On the app(s) they appear as soon as you open it and log in. On the website I've had them in various places (make sure you are logged in) like here:

https://www.sky.com/

and:

https://buy.sky.com/offers-upgrades/

and:

https://www.sky.com/mysky/

Oh and also here:

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky

and here:

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/index?DCMP=ilc-Sky.com-ec-SSWB-mysky-gnav
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback