PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh PK am sorry to hear that, yes our animals mean the world to us don't they.
    Am thinking of you &, also your troubled pal.

Some pleasures for the last few days,

Took DM over to her bungalow for appointment which for various reasons was best held there, she hasn't been home for nearly five weeks and it was good to see her sitting in own chair, smiling at the family photos.

Visit from SIL and her fella, caught up on their busy lives, they eat out a lot at expensive restaurants!

DN has work placement at big hospital in Uni-city, she is very excited and hopes it leads to bigger things.

Grass cut and garden furniture stowed away for another year.

The apples are finally turning red on our tree, have been holding off picking as seem to be taking their time.

New series of Last Leg and HIGNFY on catch-up.

Coffee cream liquor over ice, re-acquainting myself with more wintery pleasures :)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PK hugs and Lainey hugs for you too and your mum.nice she got home.

Today has been a day of very high winds, I think certainly the windiest through day time I've ever known. Wild! But great for drying washing :)

Poorly people in my house today, OH has spent most of day in bed, chemo fatigue. He probably did too much yesterday. Then DD1 said as she was going out to work, I feel sick...home shortly after having vomited in the bin at work! Said to son stay out her way ...then he vomited -however nowhere as tidy as a bin...all over his bed! ( thank goodness for high winds!) so I've spent a bit of the day running up and down stairs, peering round bedroom doors checking everyone's okay.

Prior to all this I had made a banana bread and a 4 layer chocolate cake with a caramel cream filling. It was rather delicious.

In between attending to the sick I've caught up on UK telly and finished my library book. And enjoyed lots of peace and quiet.

DD2 was at work and home with lots of bread :)

Yesterday I had work. No miracles had occurred since I was last in. No one has been paid. I think (know) business is not good but I am honestly just biding my time. My colleague who left a few weeks ago popped in to say hello, which was nice. Done for another week.

Nice chat with friend from home.

Have a good day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PK hugs

1. Started my Christmas cake by soaking the fruit in brandy. I do enjoy this time of year. I will cook it today.

2. Good match at rugby and we won. We only seem capable of winning at home though. All train connections worked out well too.

3. Met a friend for a meal in a local pub with DS2 and his son as well. Caught up with all his news and pleased he is doing ok. The food was excellent and as a microbrewery so was the beer.

When we arrived home we received a phone call from MIL neighbour informing us she had had a fall and they had called an ambulance. DH then had to drive to see her in hospital an hour's drive away. She seemed ok but they are keeping her in until she has been assessed by an OT. DH was then caught in a traffic jam on M25 as there had been an accident.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 4:33PM
    Options
    5 Relax. Had the Sticky Chickens, Dynamite Mushrooms, and the Slimey Dragon Prawns last night. and it was hot. Real hankie job. Wobbleades were consumed. Tum was rubbed furiously. Film was Berlin Express. A Film Noir. good. had a dastardly person in it as well.

Just 4 DD, here are the Slimey Dragon Prawns being prepared for use. Other recipes are available on request.
    2wecex3.jpg
    You need
    Fresh Prawns
    Tom Puree
    Chilli Flakes
    Fresh Ginger
    Garem Masala
    Garlic
    Juice of one lime (Slimey!
    Put inn pan and rocket fire them.
    Eat!
    Dynamite Mushrooms are fresh mushrooms, chopped, inn garlic. The dynamite comes from the addition of flakes of chilli! Eat and get a flake, you know about it!

3 Just watching the cricket. Aussie are not doing too well. On the not doing too well score. oh dear, Engerland just scraped enough l;ast eve. Though if I was a jock ...

2 Day BoP has got the shop for £34. Food for Raffles was on offers, so he is happy. Note we are the suckers who feed him! Freezer veg bought as well. Today will be the making of the pies of Cottage, same as last month, with added chill! Last opf the crumble will also be served up with copious amounts of freshly made non foaming instant lumpy custard. Spoons will be licked and tums rubbed!

Did you get back what you wanted?
    Home made pie of Cottage
    2q9axd2.jpg
    Note the Toe Nail onions and diced carrots. I could had bought the diced carrots for £1.49, instead I got a months worth for 70 pence!
    bgu3a9.jpg
    Added to delicious pan gravy
    Topped and ready for firing in the oven. Topped with cheese, toms and decorative herbs! And one for the freezer!
    dp9v8z.jpg
    Now I am often asked about the instant lumpy custard and how you make it!
    33a5f7c.jpg
    If you start with lumps, you just get lumps.
    Serious Tum Rubbing shall occur!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 9:40PM
    Options
    Post just disappeared, but a caring pm :-) is still there.
    & is living many lives atm and managing.
    bop - 1st week work report unsubmitted as yet? Wobbles will not be aided unless.
    #
    1. vjm's truffle recipe again done, results rolling about in COCOA POWDER VERITABLE [bop, brownie pts please]awaiting shipment to Spain demain....most of them ;-] [Your reward for this deliciousness: the 1-hour Glasto ticket sell-out included YOU ]

2. Rugby ups and rugby downs, club / NZ province /country / teatowels / Toulon 14 - La Rochelle 14! - all good, all restorative shouty catharsis, as Mila and Mr Mila do so well know. Best was gloriously ABs' record win 57-15 over boks - a good one for my Uncle:-)))
    Boy Beauden had forgotten his kicking boots, but it didn't matter. What a team! What a match! Captain Kieran, Captain Fantastic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvka-YBfazo [ watching again as we speak]
    Mr Mila, having learnt your kapa o pango, & knows you joined in, with full reverence and deeply soul-mined, as did & in the Alma.
    [No & children present to be embarrassed in the performance.]

3. Followed by A Great British Spin-Off at Maddermarket. Norwich. Hopped on broom from The Alma to fly 70 miles direct and make it just in time for curtain up. Sold out. Marvellous ambiance. Great times had by all. Generous time chatting afterwards. Dear Henry. Swanny perfect with him and quite the raconteur in his own right. Good, good men, both enjoying each other's company so well too - made for incomparable evening.

4. Still managing to do all laundry by hand. This, too, is cathartic. Very aware at present that most probs are 1st world muckery only. New machine date distances itself with every email.:mad:

5. Quickly made, most made it into tin :-) Nearly healthy and super-delish -

Gas Mark 4 -
    Grease 2 baking sheets, or use baking paper.
    #
    Mix well together - 200gms peanut butter [any sort, used odd 17p rtc jar of Whole Earth cashew/ peanut / macadamia] and 175gms golden caster sugar [didn't have golden].
    Add 1 large egg and mix well again.
    #
    Roll into cherry tomato size balls and place on trays, flatten with fork.
    [Have never seen this refinement on size before. Wisely obeyed for once. So should you :-) ]
    Bake for 12 minutes until just golden brown, THEN LEAVE ON TRAYS TO COOL FOR 10 MINUTES, before removing to rack.
    You might get round to putting some in biccie tin.
    #
    Courage and endurance - far and wide tonight.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slimy prawns sound lish bop. I love chilli flakes. Get them £1 bag at tiger and have them in an old canderel jar cos it has a shaker bit.
    1) fab weekend started with Saturday lunchtime piano concert at cathedral from mr piano's friend up from London. Amazing
    2) then lunch at new cafe - yummy burger
    3) in the evening pianist and an organist friend came round. mr piano cooked yummy risotto - our first dinner party
    4) this morning's church followed by eco cathedral meeting. I had taken hm lunch
    5) then coffee with 3 friends, one of whom i'I've not seen for a while (and somehow despite only paying for one coffee i'I've ended up with enough stamps for a free coffee cos no one else was collecting stamps)
    6) then mr piano phoned to say him and piano friend had walked dogs and if I wanted to stay to choral evensong that was fine. So went to uni library to run through tomorrow's teaching
    7) and there was an email from polish friend i'I've not heard from for a while so had huge catch up - can you believe it's 6 weeks since xoh headed south!
    8) then choral evensong - lovely (and stuck to elderflower after - have decided with money saved will twin a toilet for the cathedral)
    9) then walked home and met two other friends I haven't seen for ages (one of them 4 years). GreT to catch up
    10) and mr piano walked down to meet me with the 3 dogs
    11) then cooked me scrummy Italian pasta dish
    12) and showed me funny video he took of him playing Bach and the spaniels bouncing up. Have left him downstairs under 3 dogs on the sofa - saves on central heating :rotfl:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,183 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today. May the people who started this "clown" thing get very bad hayfever and forget their tissues. Smaller son still terrified and sleeping in my bed once again...

1) Not a bad sleep. Though I was woken in the middle of the night by smaller son complaining about my loud breathing.

2) Worked on the allotment with bigger son sawing up boughs that were cut in the spring. All chopped and ready for the woodburning stove now.

3) Hens well - 2 eggs.

4) A bit of pokemon hunting.

5) Was texting my friend about geocaches locally. Drove down to the allotment (past a geocache by our village tin church) and there she was, with her family!

6) V tasty tea this evening. Had chicken from yesterday's roast and cooked up with pineapple, courgette off the allotment, pepper and tomatoes in a huge chow mein. Pudding was 2 flavours of HM ice cream and poached pears (done in grape juice).

7) Caught up with the Last Leg.

8) In bed now and about to watch HIGNFY.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Options
    PK & Lainey & mghaster (((hugs)))

My pleasures for last couple of days.

1. Nice meal out yesterday in Greenwich.
    2. Autumn sunshine - very nice.
    3. Fresh coffee in bed brought upstairs by Dh.
    4. Having DM to stay & managing to be patient when she offers her opinions.
    5. More crochet done.
    6. Journey to north west today was going so well, 30 miles from destination& m6 closed. Engine turned off for an hour. Grateful I wasn't in accident & that I was safe.
    7. Fish & chips for tea.
    8. Saw ds1 & had a good chat.
    9. Arranged to see friends for evening in a couple days time.
    10. Reading everyone's pleasures.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 October 2016 at 7:17AM
    Options
    * OH's friend was BBQn ribs and OH came home with a plate for me.

* Big complicated round puzzle on the table. DD2 is learning and we are enjoying the banter while putting it together.

* Fully enjoying Blacklist S2.

* Pondering wall paint for kitchen. No clue but it's fun to begin.

* Misty rain for a few hours this morning. The weather is getting cooler and soon we will fall back.

* I'm loving all the FB pictures of the fall calf branding at my different friend's ranches. They love to show their grandchildren learning to vaccinate and brand. Lots of hats and boots.

* Tomatilla's have gone wild. Salsa is in our future!

* Watched a short video on freezing herbs in olive oil.

PK, thinking of you tonight. Nothing fills the hole when our little sweet ones pass. It's just precious that you held your little baby as that time came. It has brought tears to my eyes. So glad he had such a good mommy.

Note to &: OH has (American) football on day and night. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are all games on TV. The rest of the time it is reruns of games, commentators talking about games, commentators talking about coaches, players and what other commentators are saying.... He got testy with me over the channel changer again last night. Thank goodness we don't get rugby too! :eek:
    ....she says as she goes to the bathroom mirror to see how much hair she has pulled out.... :p
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday.

1. Spent time digging over potato bed in the garden. Helped or hindered by my chickens.
    It was a lovely morning with the sun out.

2. Quick chat with neighbour.

3. DS2 cooked roast lamb for tea. It was lovely. He is an extremely good cook and enjoys it.

4. DS1 came for tea. He came to collect a couple of things. His girlfriend was taking her sister home. We all had an enjoyable evening.

5. An early night reading my book. Much needed after lack of sleep the night before.

MIL is going to a rehabilitation place to see if she can walk with her frame. She needs her confidence back. This has been her problem over the past couple of years.
    She will also be fed properly which will help her recovery.
    She may listen to the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport