Thistle's Mission

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I do surveys on Populuslive & Valued Opinions.

Does take time but all helps when you get paid out.

Good for you for going out & earning your keep (almost) for the day.

Better off in your pocket my sweet.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Dolly!

Best laid plans, etc etc. I had just started taking photos for ebay when I received an urgent message from my son at uni needing some paperwork to be scanned and sent to the Dr there before tomorrow morning. Of course because of my lack of organisation, it took me over an hour to find the papers. I couldn't scan them so just took photos and hope the Dr will accept that.

Then I made a quick trip to the post office to deposit the busking change and draw out £30 in bills for the luthier tomorrow. There was a very long line, so it took much longer than expected. Got back in time to make dinner and rush off to a committee meeting I'm on for an annual music festival in our town.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother making plans! :rotfl:
    :happylove
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What are you like, do you have a folder that you can keep everything in?

I took hours earlier this year trailing through all our paperwork & put it all in a lever arch folder.

To be honest I havent really kept up to date with it but I tried :rotfl:

I had to go to the bank yesterday & the queue was bloody massive! Was roasting in there too which didin't help.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    What are you like, do you have a folder that you can keep everything in?

I took hours earlier this year trailing through all our paperwork & put it all in a lever arch folder.

Dxxx

What's so frustrating is that I spent like 2 entire days getting our paperwork in order a few months back, sorted all into different folders (we have a huge amount of papers due to ex-business) and then DH decided he needed something he couldn't find. He basically dumped out all the folders and shoved everything in a big pile, all mixed up. I was so disheartened that I didn't re-sort the pile. :(

Just leaving now to go to the city and the luthier. We will likely be back in time to get some things listed on ebay before dinner. I am hesitant to make any actual plans with the way things have been going. I'm playing at the Acoustic Cafe tonight so won't be home to do anything after dinner.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw seriously!

No wonder you couldn't be bothered to sort it again.

Have a good day.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    I know, Mr Thistle seems determined to foil any attempt I make at organising/decluttering. I've talked to him about it more than once. He wants a nice, clean, clutter free house almost more than I do, but it seems he's not willing to put in any effort at all to get it or keep it that way.

The luthier only charged me £25, so that's £5 going right back into the dresser fund! :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Woo hoo!

Every little helps.

Dxxx
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Thistle

I had just popped on to say well done on the £6.61 from busking and there are all these new posts since! I had no idea what a good or poor amount for busking was, but considering you needed £7 a day I thought it was excellent!

I have a filing cabinet for my filing..... it has no organisation however - things just get thrown in there and now as I can no longer reach the filing cabinet I have to resort to throwing stuff across the 'eBay' room hoping it will land on top! I'm sure your 'pile' is much more manageable! It's one of the things on my list of things to do...

I meant to ask before - did you manage to get the Kenwood bits on eBay? Any interest yet? I was intrigued by you mentioning that you used to buy and sell old kitchenalia with some success in the past - did you give any more thought to doing it again?

My Mum used to scour antique shops - she became quite good at spotting jewellery bargains but she finds it all a bit stressful now so stopped a while ago. For me I seem to spot decent clothes although I don't look anymore. I have enough stuff of my own to try and sell if only I could get in the right mindset to get going again!

Hope you are having a good day xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Smolly - I haven't managed to put the Kenwood stuff on ebay yet but plan on doing it at some point tomorrow. I did really well a few years back buying old Kenwood mixers and attachments locally, taking them apart, cleaning them up, replacing bits, etc and selling them on ebay. The only downside was that they took up a fair amount of space. I had a little workroom back then so it wasn't a problem, but until the dining room is cleared, I don't really have the space to do it again right now.

£6.61 is pretty bad takings for busking. I don't usually go on a Monday, as Friday and Saturday tend to be much better. I make anything from £15 to £75 in about two hours. The £75 days are usually close to a holiday - Xmas, New Year's, Easter, but you never know, some days just surprise you.

DH has suggested I sell part of my Cornishware collection. I love it and of course it would look great on my Welsh Dresser, but there are probably some things I could part with, some pieces I don't use as often as I used to. If I did sell any, I'd keep 100% of that money, but I'm not yet convinced. This is what I've been longing for all these years:
    bfdf8216affd6021f7ace6f15478dff5.jpg

I was playing at the Acoustic Cafe earlier and my newly installed pickup isn't working properly. I had to use an extra mic instead. I was pretty bummed, the luthier is going away tonight for a week so won't be able to sort it out until he gets back. I'm going to fiddle with it a bit tomorrow but if I can't get rid of the buzzing myself, I'm not sure what I'll do. It's just one of those things, it could take an hour or it could take all day, it could not work at all. It's always something, isn't it? :p
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't know if I would have the patience for that tbh!

If you don't want to part with it then I would keep it. you might regret it when you have the Welsh Dresser.

Maybe have a think about it again next week & see if you have the same thoughts about it.

Bummer about your pickup not working.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family