Thistle's Mission

Options

Comments

• Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Dolly, the more I think about my guitar, the more dejected I get. It was an expensive pickup and I might damage it if I try to mess with it myself. I think the best option is to wait for the luthier to come back and let him sort it out. Unfortunately that doesn't do me any good for Friday - I have no money to rent a decent guitar and the only person that I would feel comfortable asking to borrow from is already out touring.

Anyway, if I'm not messing around with the guitar, I should have plenty of time to list things on ebay. Aside from a load of laundry, I'm going to forget about any cleaning/organising and make listing my priority for today and tomorrow.
    :happylove
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah you could end up costing yourself more trying to save by doing it yourself.

Yay get listing on Ebay!

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Hmm. Just tried the guitar through my PA and couldn't hear any buzzing. I didn't think it was a bad cable last night because other people used it and it was fine. :huh:

Just taking the pup for a walk and getting back into listing.
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    It's been a completely underwhelming afternoon. I managed to get exactly one thing listed. The new listing form seems like a good idea and I'm sure will be quicker once I've figured it out, but three times today it's logged me out when I had almost finished a listing and item and didn't save anything, so when I went back in, I had to start over.

My "poorly" daughter thought it would be a good time to come down from her sickbed to tell me why she needs a new phone, new clothes, new shoes, and oh look, isn't this amazing! (shows me a pic of a new hair style) I love her dearly but she does pick her moments.

I've just put dinner in the oven and am planning on trying to list one more thing while it's cooking, but DH is due home from work in 10 mins and he always wants to tell me about his day, have a cup of tea, etc so my chances are slim.

I didn't earn my £7 yesterday or today and am a little worried about it, if it keeps sliding over to the next day, I will have no hope of raising the £160... :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It can seem so disheartening but try not to get too down emotionally about it you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Have a nice chat with your DH & enjoy your dinner.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Dolly.

One big positive - I woke up today totally pain-free! :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yay!!!

Now that is amazing.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    One big positive - I woke up today totally pain-free! :j

That's fantastic Hun.

Haven't tried the new form out yet (I don't think anyway), however I tend to do listing on my aging iPad which seems to take an age!

Enjoy your chat with hubby and enjoy your dinner x
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Thistle

Chin up love. I'm sure you will get there. You never know your Kenwood bits might bring in a fortune! :o I haven't tried the new eBay to list any new items yet although I have done a relisting and fortunately had no hiccups. Still it was only one item...

I will try and have a go myself tonight to see what's it like.

The picture of the dresser was lovely by the way - I can totally see why you want one so badly. When I got my first home I desperately wanted a dresser too - probably a lot like the one in your picture. My parents of my BF at the time then went on to give us theirs - I was chuffed to bits but back then all of our furniture was the dark wood type. Still I loved that dresser and was quite broken hearted when the BF took it with him when we split up - more broken hearted than losing him!:rotfl:

Today I noticed that I have a rather annoying thump thump noise under the car where the exhaust is banging against the underside of the car. I am trying to come around to thinking I will need to take it to the garage, so I could be joining you on your quest to earn some extra money in a short space of time! As I also have none spare! eBay here we come!!

I hope by now you've had time to chill a little and have your dinner and chat with hubby. Things will probably seem brighter in the morning. xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thank you all! I hope your car is ok, Smolly. It may just be that the bracket holding the exhaust has come lose, we've had that before. It was a cheap repair.

Our quiet night in was lovely. We're trying to leave the CH off until November so snuggled with the dog under nice fleecy blankets and watched Outlander.

Today I am not motivated to do anything. I'll go over my set list one final time and then think about listing some more things on ebay. Our house feels very cold and damp - I might give in and turn on the CH for a few hours. We have dehumidifiers running both upstairs and downstairs, without them on the house sits at 90% humidity and mold starts to grow pretty much immediately.

Not much else can be done, there are proper air vents and a damp proof course. The terrace of houses was built on an old river bed, so maybe the land it's on is always wet. It's the only house we could afford and we quite like living here. We're afraid if we complain too much the landlord will just sell the house. She is a nice girl but gets upset when she has to repair things - last winter she didn't have the money to fix our boiler when it broke. The agency stepped in and had it done, as she didn't seem to grasp that we cannot go without heat or hot water for weeks on end in the middle of winter.

This is an investment house for her and I think the rent just covers her mortgage, I'm not sure she realised how much upkeep would be involved as well. We've had a leak in the guttering now for 9 months that I have reported to the agency twice, and nothing has been done. It hardly affects us but I can see where water is getting into the outside wall and if not repaired, she will end up with structural damage.

Anyway, enough mithering. Time to actually do something! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family