Thistle's Mission

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good for you.

I'm in work 9-4 today, just on my break so always pop on here.

Eeeeek CD sales will help so much right now.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thank you LL and Dolly!

I've just returned from taking Thistlepup on a brisk walk. Only manage 45 mins, but covered about twice the distance I usually do.

Now heating up the remains of the curry for lunch and a bit of afternoon reading before we have to go pick up my DD after her DoE trip.

I wonder if I would get bored if every day was so relaxing... I suspect not! ;)
    :happylove
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No way!

I was thinking about this the other day & I cannot wait for the days when all I need to do is take a nice walk, a long bath, read my book - bliss!

Only another 34 years till I can retire :rotfl:

That is if the darn government don't increase the age again :mad:

Will probably need to die at my desk at this rate!

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Only another 34 years till I can retire :rotfl:

That is if the darn government don't increase the age again :mad:

Will probably need to die at my desk at this rate!

Dxxx

:D

I'm a bit closer to retirement than you are. I'll probably be a crazy old bag lady busking in the streets by the time I'm old enough for a state pension... :p
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Any thoughts of finishing the dining room by the weekend have gone.

DH has told me that I need to bring in £160 by the 25th of the month to put towards the rent. I don't have any gigs before that aside from the one on Friday (where I am support for a much bigger act, token payment but huge scope for CD sales) so will need to make a plan on how to do it. My initial reaction was I had no hope, but when broken down it works out to something like £7 a day. That seems much more manageable, and I will put my energies into finding things to sell on ebay rather than cleaning and organising.

My DD has come back from her DoE trip with tonsillitis. I know it's not her fault, but it would be a huge setback if I catch it before Friday. I'm going to drown myself in garlic/lemon/honey to try and ward off any germs and be extra careful about washing my hands.

My back has the knife-in-the-shoulder-blade feeling again. It's chilly and extra clothes are not warming me up. I was re-thinking our decision to not put on the CH until November, though don't germs have a harder time surviving in a colder atmosphere? :o
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    I just spoke to the luthier, and my guitar needs a new pickup before Friday's gig. I already have another pickup so it's just the installation I'll need to pay for. It'll cost £30, so that's my dresser fund mostly gone. Until I am sure I can make the extra money for the rent, I am going to suspend taking 10-20% of the ebay profits to put into the fund. I'm sure I'll make it back, but it's depressing to see it depleted so quickly! :(
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Yet another plan change, :o I'm going to go busking for 1 1/2 hours and start on the ebaying when I get back. I thought that as I needed to go over my setlist and times, I may as well try and make a few pounds while I do it.

Thistlepup needs his walk, I'll do that now and aim to be busking by 12:30. Home by 2:00ish, have a couple hours sorting things for ebay before making dinner. I've decided to throw things on at .99p and just hope they make a decent amount rather than putting a buy it now price on and not being sure they will sell. Desperate times and all that... :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good for you lady.

Enjoy & hope you make loads of dosh!

Dxxx
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Thistle,

Looking at the time (nearly 2pm) you should be on your way back now - hopefully it's been good for you and your pockets are a little heavier.

You have to do what you have to do - I totally understand how frustrating it is to have to use money earmarked for something else but I am sure (no I'm POSITIVE!) that the Welsh dresser fund will one day not have to be used for other stuff. This last month I had to withdraw my Emergency Fund money and use it for groceries and petrol. I've put it back now but I wonder how long for!

Do you ever do any online surveys? They're not for everyone I admit and sometimes I could cry after I've sat for an hour and worked out what I just earned, but some sites are better than others. Panelbase for example builds up quite quickly. I've been with them a couple of months now and am at over £20. You can cash out from £10 I believe. You get an email and it tells you how much you will earn and how long the survey should last, so you can decide before you start whether to go for it or not. Another similar good one is Opinion Outpost. Sorry if you know about these already - not sure if you've mentioned it.

Anyway I will get off now. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Dolly and Smolly!

I just got in and counted the pennies. It came to a disappointing £6.61. I tend to go busking on a Fri or Sat and can take anything from £15 up to £75. I had to remind myself that it's £6.51 I didn't have a few hours ago and is nearly the £7 I need to bring in each day. I also sorted Friday's set and practiced some new songs I'm adding into the pub gig setlist, so it really was worthwhile going.

I have done surveys Smolly, but only one company pays enough to warrant the amount of time they take. I haven't heard of either Panelbase or Opinion OUtpost, so will check them out later, thank you! Is there any kind of referral link? You may as well get some credit for pointing me in the right direction if there is!

I'm just sitting down now for 10 mins before getting started listing things on ebay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport