PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2015 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• MelBell2015
    Options
    Morning, sorry to hear your sad news ๐Ÿ˜ž
    Please can I stay at ยฃ400 for May please (23rd April to 23nd May)
    Many thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Debt free and never going back!
    Save for Xmas 2020 - ยฃ1 a day #33 ยฃ0/ยฃ366
  • MovingUp
    MovingUp Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for your losses. I hope you give yourselves time to come to terms with what has happened.

I would like to join for this month. There is just me and DH. I would like a target of ยฃ200.00 for May. This is to run from Friday 24th April until (and including) 24th May. This is to include all purchases from a supermarket.

I also have a budget of ยฃ200.00 for fuel. This really depends on how much I have to travel for work. I know this isn't really part of the challenge but I would like to keep track of our spending.

Good luck everyone!
  • Lotti1982
    Lotti1982 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Please can I join you, my month runs from 29th April to 30th may. A five week month and the first month I have my 20yo nephew living with us, moving back to England without his parents so I have no idea where to start but I'd like to aim for ยฃ250 for 3 adults a three year old and baby who will be starting weaning soon. This will include food, toiletries, household products and nappies etc.

Hope we can do it, if nothing else this thread helps me keep track of what I'm spending.
    Planning to be debt free by 11/20. MFW Jan 2028 - [STRIKE]86700[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]83057.20[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]81629.13[/STRIKE] 78761.29 mortgage should end August 2045 now 04/2041
  • miss_try_to_save
    Options
    hi all can I please do this months challenge I would like to do ยฃ450 for the month as I have dd2 s birthday and oh still in charge of shopping but im hoping it will be about ยฃ400 as usual this is for 2 adults and 2 young adults one on a special diet as she has ibs and a cat and dd1 who comes over every now and then for food and who is a vegetarian as usual it will include everything for the month it will run from the 30th April to 27th May
    oct 2015 grocery challenge ยฃ183/ยฃ2360

0/ยฃ600 aug 2016 grocery challenge

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning

Iโ€™ve been AWOL for months โ€“ and trying to keep to a budget but not doing that well, so would like to re-join and set my budget at ยฃ475 please. Today is payday for me so I a good day to start again. Also will do this based on 4 weeks. Iโ€™m trying to do all my food shopping in one place unless thereโ€™s a good bargain elsewhere that would be silly to miss.

Many thanks
    nmlc x

Sorry I've tried to enlarge and colour the budget amount but computer won't do it.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just popping on with my updated total. Condolences to you both on your loss.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • LolaLemon
    LolaLemon Posts: 958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 April 2015 at 10:15AM
    Options
    I am going to actively join this if i can, my month is the 15 th - 14th.
    I am setting my limit at ยฃ60/w plus ยฃ5/w pocket money ,to spend on anything i feel i *need*, this also includes lunches for work, so once the ยฃ5 is gone, i can starve if ive not brought my own (im being harsh on myself just now, i need to save like a maniac haha).
    ยฃ325 for the 5 week month.
    This is to cover 1 adult and 1 growing child who eats like an elephant just now. And one cat.

Its a bit higher than i would like it to be, but im being realistic, this is my first proper budgetting month in a good few years, but more so, i shop in a supermarket extra mostly and if i buy anything from there that is not food, it is going to have to come out of the food budget, so should hopefully make me more aware of what im spending.

Exceptions im allowing myself: I'm wanting to change my pots and pans to better quality ones and a few cast iron pieces. so if they come up in the next month at a reasonable price, im going to snap them up! (if anyone knows where to get good quality pots and pans i'd be happy to know :) )

Looking forward to reading how u all do this.
    Living Simply, not simply living.
    Cheap Christmas '15

Frugal Living for fifth year running. (2010-2015)
    Weight Loss - 5b/55lb
    Books Read 2015- 7/30
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 24 April 2015 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Exceptions im allowing myself: I'm wanting to change my pots and pans to better quality ones and a few cast iron pieces. so if they come up in the next month at a reasonable price, im going to snap them up! (if anyone knows where to get good quality pots and pans i'd be happy to know :) )

Looking forward to reading how u all do this.

I changed mine to the GreenPans from HomeBargains which I find great. They do sell them in other shops if you dont have a HB nearby, but they will likely be dearer.

Want to try for ยฃ320 this month please.I know that's going in the opposite direction, but I have just bought a new to me chest freezer so need to allow for items to go in there and other gaps in m y other two freezers.

Condolences to all who have lost loved ones.
    GC ยฃ150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan ยฃ134.58 Feb ยฃ137.18 Mar ยฃ118.89 April ยฃ
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Doris65_2
    Doris65_2 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

I'd like to join please, really need to get on top of food spending, keep thinking I'm doing ok then all the little shops add up and I've blown it!!!

I am setting budget at ยฃ200 for month (24th April to 26th May)

Thanks

Dx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks Zippy and hope your ok. My month won't be starting 'till 1st, but I've costed up and finished with April as im going to be doing the 5 day living below the line challenge.

I wanted to try this month going on weekly, as I usually take out a weeks money, but don't know how you would like me to do that. Will I tot up the weeks and report them at the end of the month or report them weekly. My budget will be ยฃ20pw starting 1st May, running Friday - Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure