PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breville Pie Magic pie maker instructions and recipe help please

Options

Comments

• demented_2
    demented_2 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    gemmaj wrote:
    Must admit, I made a few slightly strange tasting pies and haven't bothered since! Also the pies are a bit small for dinner.

I am telling myself that I am waiting to find pastry at the supermarket at the end of its sell by date, reduced to 10p!

I did make some yorkshire puds but I wouldn't call it a great success. They took a long time to cook and weren't as nice as done in the oven.

Maybe I will end up carbooting it back again!

Hi Gemma, I must admit that mine took ages to do and the pastry was not as good as i normally make although the OH said that they were lovely and he was a "proper chef" before he retired. I think that i will have to experiment abit more with the timing and the pastry. I am not going to give up yet. I think that your idea of finding reduced pastry is probably a good idea. Keep trying though.
    demented x
    20p savers club
    before joining had nothing
    joined on 19/03
    now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
    saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
    Amazon sellers club member 31
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    I hadn't realised that I had got more replies - thank you! I have been doing little bits of cleaning of my machine but it is pretty gross so it has put me off! It is bad enough cleaning your own mess but someone else's! I think I might submerge as much of it as possible in hot soapy water and then get an old toothbrush to it....maybe

I will pm for the instructions - thank you.

Sparkly
  • demented_2
    Options
    Hi no I haven't got any instructions I just saw it in MIL cupboard when she was cleaning and she said I could have it. I just need someone to say how long to leave it on, how thin to roll it etc. I am planning on making big batch of meat and potato pies to freeze so obviously i will cook the filling first just dont want to waste money and time if pastry turns hard or something......

Hi, I wanna save money & sparklymessygirl.
    Right, 1 step by step care and cleaning.
    1 unplug and allow the unit to cool before cleaning or storing.
    2 Remove any residue with kitchen paper whilst still warm.
    3 clean the non-stick plates and the exterior with a cloth or sponge dampened with hot soapy water. DO NOT IMMERSE THE UNIT IN WATER. rinse with a dampened cloth and wipe dry.
    4 To remove cooked-on foods, use a nylon scrub pad or non abrasive cleanser.A steel wool pad or abrasive cleansers will damage the non-stick surface and exterior. Before using your Breville pie magic again, re-season the non stick surface as before. ***
    5 Store in the closed position. The unit stands on end for convenient storage.
    The cord wraps neatly around the base of the unit.
    *** pre-heat the B pie magic for about 5mins or until the light goes off. Season the plates by applying a thin coat of cooking oil or margarine onto the non-stick surfaces and rub in with a paper towel. Remove any excess.
    There is no need to season the plates after each use unless a recipe specifies or sticking occurs in later useage, since the pastry leaves the plates slightly seasoned.

Ready to use Close lid and switch on the neon thermostat light will come on and then switch off after approx 5mins when the cooking temperature has been reached. It will then cycle On and Off as the pies cook.
    Sorry Guys I am getting tired and will continue in the morning, hope this is of some help so far. The thickness of the pastry should be 1/8th inch ( 3mm) thick. If too thick it will increase the cooking time needed. Also when you have made your circle of pastry you will need to cut out a small triangle on one side of the pastry base to make it fit easier into the B pie maker.
    so its heat the Bp maker for 5 mins wait till light goes out. Put base pastry in and pat it into cavities taking care as it is hot. put the filling in, try not to over fill. put on pastry lid and close the Bp maker.
    Do not open the cover for the first 2mins Pies generally bake in 8-10mins
    check for a brown crust.
    Note during cooking you may notice a whistling sound. This is due to steam escaping from the pies. Remove the pies when the desired brownness is reached. Remove with a wooden or heat resistant spatula.
    whewww, I was going to bed awhile ago but got carried away.
    demented. I will continue in the morning.
    20p savers club
    joined on 19/03
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Thank you demented :A
    Will start scrubbing gently!

Sparkly
  • i_wanna_save_money!
    Options
    thanks demented I am going to make a batch tonight - fingers crossed they will taste and look good
  • demented_2
    Options
    Hi, Sparklymessygirl and I wanna save money. Just got back from the shops. still trying to save money lol. I have made some copies of the instructions and recipes. If you both pm me with your addresse's i will send them to you today. I got some blackcurrants and gonna try to make the muffins, I'm not going to give up just yet.
    demented
    20p savers club
    joined on 19/03
  • i_wanna_save_money!
    Options
    thanks demented - have pm'd you.
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Me too!
    :beer:
    Sparkly
  • i_wanna_save_money!
    Options
    wow demented - that was fast! received the instructions just now postie just been - thanks again and i will send you a couple of stamps back to cover your postage costs if you pm me you details.
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Hi demented,

Have just stumbled out of bed to find my instructions in this morning's post. Thank you - I don't think I would have got round to using it without these.

Sparkly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport