April Penny Pincher Challenge

Options

Comments

• dreamtruce
    dreamtruce Posts: 101 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2017 at 11:28PM
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm so sorry I've not been around or in touch, work has been a bit more emotionally tiring and also been trying to get things in place for the move.

I think the no spend goal is out of the window - I'm always finding things I need and just trying to enjoy my time that's left with my family before I move, so I have been spending. Also this weekend I'm at my boyfriends parents in Oxford and they want to take me to the center which I've never been to and also there's little bits of house stuff now so I won't get that goal.

But I have been buying in bulk so instead of £3 Tesco meals, I brought multi bags of things,using club cards a lot (not all the time because sometimes I forget but will be saving recipes for the times I don't so I can get them added) , trying to use my own bags when I have them and if I have space.

I have some goals for may set already.

Im really so sorry for being away I may be on and off, WE MOVE OUR STUFF IN NEXT SATURDAY! *eek*, I officially move in on 29th and Adam moves in on 22nd.

Welcome to all new members, I'm so happy and really appreciative that you like and are enjoying this challenge (I hope), you don't have to ask to join but it's always nice to see each others goals to see who's working on what. It doesn't matter if you don't meet all of them or things change and it sure isn't a race on who gets the most points.

I love the idea of having a self care goal,
    Maybe we can add it as part of the challenge?

Are there anything else you would like to see or do within this challenge?

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend,got any plans?

X
    Forgot to mention I made £50.
    My mum owed me £10 for exchanging a gift card and made £40 from giving Adams brother some funko pop figures and a marvel select figure (weren't mine, they were an exs who gave them back to me so I may as well use it for my own gain. As bad as that sounds I just want a fresh new start with Adam)
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Hope you all have a super day. Will be back this afternoon to update my points, as today will be a spend day, so lots to do :)

dreamtruce - It's lovely to see you and I'm so happy to see that things are moving forward for you. Not long before the move and then you'll be able to relax a bit :);). So glad you are getting bits together for the house. It will make all the difference when you move in, and again, hopefully, it will be less stressful for you later :)

Wishing you all the best and take care :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    Aw thank you, Jo!
    The contract is all signed now so all we have to do is do final checks and get keys on Saturday, Adam pays the deposit and first month rent on Friday but we've decided to split that as it would leave him with no money to use for the house and plus I felt mean about him paying for the rent anyway... If I earned enough I would halve it with him.
    So I'll say good bye to like £700 but worth it.

Yeah we've got a lot of things now it's just furniture like a sofa really.

I hope you have a fantastic day!! X
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • Jo_Blogs
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :)

Chugging along on the April penny pincher express and today I have......

Checked my bank account(s) (1 point)
    Checked my savings account(s) (1 point)
    Made a payment into one of my savings accounts (1 point)
    Made a shopping list and stuck to it (1 point)
    Bought own brands (1 point)
    Paid with cash (1 point)
    Topped up Nect0r card points (1 point)
    Used triple Nect0r points voucher (1 point)
    Used a £5 off no spend needed Arg0s voucher and paid only 49p for an item I needed (1 point)
    Reused my shopping bags (1 point)
    Updated my expenses log (1 point)
    Re-checked my budget (1 point)
    Swapped some magazines (1 point)
    *Gave a friend a homemade cake (1 point)
    *3 seperate DD payments to charity (3 points)

Adding 17 points to my total

I've decided to change one of my tasks, No.39, to one which intheearlyhours has suggested *'Be giving'

dreamtruce - sounds as though you are getting things really sorted and off to a great start. Wishing you well with your furniture hunt and hope you get all the things you need before you move in :). Exciting times ahead :);)

Wishing everyone a great Easter :easter:
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    Even though I've been away I have been doing some tasks, I will have to update with my points. I do have a lot of points.

We've looked for a sofa and although it was more expensive than what we were hoping, it is a three seater, good sized bed and we get a good discount from argos. We just got to look tomorrow and find a suitable time for it to be delivered.

I didn't spend anything today!!! ��
    I also put £35 in emergency savings.

I've had such an amazing day we didn't do too much apart from sorting some things out for the house and I'm just hoping that I'd have enough to give Adam half of the rent. The way I've worked it out, the new bills (without rent as Adam is paying that) equal to £250 which is the rent I was paying my parents, which Is nice because I'm already used to saying goodbye to that money.

Well done Jo!
    What did you do?
  • Jo_Blogs
    Options

Chugging along on the April penny pincher express and today I have......

Made a payment into one of my savings accounts (1 point)
    Today is NSD No.13 (1 point)

Adding 4 points to my total

Hope everyone is ok and has a great day!

dreamtruce - It sounds as though everything is coming together just fine for you :);)
    As of 4pm yesterday, I took charge of a post-op dog who I'm babysitting at home over the Easter period, so it'll be pretty hectic but quiet here. It needs to be for the dog to recover. A few days and he'll be back to his normal lovely naughty self :rotfl: ,and after a good check over he can go home :);)
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • Jo_Blogs
    Options

Chugging along on the April Penny Pincher express and today I have......

Today is NSD No.14 (1 point)

Adding 3 points to my total

Hope everyone has a super APP Day :);)
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • intheearlyhours
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Easter weekend.

I've lost count a bit of my points, but I think that in the last couple of days this is what I've done:

78. Sign up for freebies - yes and entered some competitions
    80. Check emails for offers/vouchers/discounts & purge unneeded emails - yes
    81. Sign up for cash back sites but only use when needed & check offers/vouchers - still checking
    83. Try Save 20ps week Challenge - i started this yesterday and collected all the 20ps I already had.

33. Maintain a healthy lifestyle & take care of yourself everyone - trying to eat better and relax.

Be giving - put some money in the collection box at local shop and also trying to be more thoughtful about family and friends.

Be grateful - trying to remind myself everyday :)

I'll claim 7 points so 14 in total.

Have a good day everyone and :easter:

intheearlyhours
    Make £10 a day June £0/£300
    1 debt v 100 days £20/£3000 End 13 September
  • Jo_Blogs
    edited 17 April 2017 at 2:35AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Easter weekend.

I've lost count a bit of my points, but I think that in the last couple of days this is what I've done:

78. Sign up for freebies - yes and entered some competitions
    80. Check emails for offers/vouchers/discounts & purge unneeded emails - yes
    81. Sign up for cash back sites but only use when needed & check offers/vouchers - still checking
    83. Try Save 20ps week Challenge - i started this yesterday and collected all the 20ps I already had.

33. Maintain a healthy lifestyle & take care of yourself everyone - trying to eat better and relax.

Be giving - put some money in the collection box at local shop and also trying to be more thoughtful about family and friends.

Be grateful - trying to remind myself everyday :)

I'll claim 7 points so 14 in total.

Have a good day everyone and :easter:

intheearlyhours

Great job with the points intheearlyhours :D - I'm sure dreamtruce will update the points some time :)

Wishing you a very Happy Easter too and have a great day! :)
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    Morning everyone well afternoon... Lol
    I will update everyones points once I'm back home - tomorrow some time.

It's all lovely that you're all doing so well. I'm not doing as well as I thought though I have racked up some more points.

I had a lush day yesterday and today (there's still more lovely things planned for today) I did spend a bit yesterday, the boyfriend wanted to buy a poo emoji pillow - been looking for one for a long time though and it's same price back home. he didn't have any cash so I told him to use my money and not to pay me back. I also brought a finger spinner.

Im trying to not spend money today,
    But we will see as the Mr wants to take me to the arcade.

I checked my bank account today and yesterday.

Last night I made a list of how to save more money or to save money to emergency funds, what to do to be financially stable etc.

Happy Easter!
    Enjoy yourself and eat all chocolate!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure