Cheap Airport Parking: Gatwick Airport hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• mojo911
    Options
    I use Meteor Meet & Greet whenever possible and have never had a problem. I use them flying from LHR, LGW & BHX. From Luton I use Central Car Storage Meet & Greet.
    Meteor at LGW put around 10 miles on the clock for both journeys suggesting parking about 5 miles away. If you want to avoid bird mess etc after a week of storage go for lowest cost valet. This also useful if you have family who leave car like zoo after a couple of weeks.

All companies require a call after customs just in case you get randomly picked and leave them waiting on the double yellows. Makes sense really. You can take a chance and call when you have bags or as you walk up to customs (with handbagge only) or if you have impatient family and children and bad weather etc. but it's your fault if you leave them waiting and they don't like it!
  • RJT_ROMFORD
    Options
    wendywhite wrote: »
    found a cheap site for gatwick, aardvark - meet and greet who are charging us £47 for a 9 night trip. The paperwork comes from essential travel.co.uk. Apparently aardvark are now part of meteor.
    Has anybody had any dealings with them? We've only seen a couple of comments about them but all good.
    This is the link if anyones interested -

we have used meteor 3 times, they were on time with no waiting around.
  • smatt45
    Options
    I would not recommend this company.
    I had a VERY unpleasant experience and found them rude and unprofessional. AVOID.
  • broadessex
    Options
    I have just came across a company called 'easy parking gatwick' the www is easyparkingsite .co.uk they are quoting 14 days for £64, and it is meet and greet.
    Has anyone ever used them or even heard of them before?
    I have found them through a couple of comparison websites, but had never heard of them before.
  • oxenos
    Options
    Just back from a family holiday. I left the car with Valet Park Gatwick. My son did the same,on my recommendation, as I have used them several times before.. Got home to find that we both had letters from the local police to say that the cars had been seen in a nearby residential area, after complaints from residents. VPG's website clearly states that cars are kept in a secure compound. Avoid them
  • princessjasmine
    Options
    LoubyLou2 wrote: »
    I feel I must share my experience after seeing APH Airport Parking mentioned in Martin's email this week.
    After getting a discount through my car insurer, I booked a week's parking with APH (Gatwick airport) earlier this year.
    After a lovely holiday, I returned to APH to discover that substantial damage had been caused to my car by their staff.
    Whilst the onsite staff were helpful and reassuring, their subsequent customer 'care' was absolutely appalling.
    Despite the onsite staff confirming the several hundred pounds worth of damage caused to my car could ONLY have happened whilst with them, every conversation I had with their Operations Director after this was nothing short of a debacle.
    To say she was rude doesnt even touch the surface - I was patronised, spoken to like an idiot and she was determind APH would not be paying for the repairs. I was equally determined they would.
    To cut a long story short, I have NEVER before been so disgusted with customer service. Eventually, and only after I started copying the company managing director into all my emails, did I make any progress with this. Eventually, APH did pay for the car repairs, but I should NEVER have experienced the disgusting, inappropriate and appalling behaviour displayed by a senior member of their staff.
    I cannot say in strong enough terms DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Few months late and I'm sure you're over it now - however I am shopping around for airport deals again so came across this. I'm sorry for your ordeal. It sounds awful. It does however sound like you had a bad experience. I myself have used APH on many occasions and have found them to be polite, friendly and my car returned in the condition taken to them. The last time I used them was November 2009. I think with every company unfortunately there won't always be a 100% positive feedback. I guess I have just been lucky with my experiences. In your experience I don't think I would have bothered getting into detail with the staff and MD. I would have told them to expect a letter from my solicitor and left it there.
    Working in Marketing for one of the big four supermarkets.
  • blueflinders_2
    Options
    From all these posts I'll think I'll pay the extra for parking the car myself! Anyone found a link or code for cheap on site parking at Gatwick?
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    Too many horror stories about off site carparking . I willing pay the extra for peace of mind.
    I park the car , I take the keys .
  • missemsy
    Options
    Few months late and I'm sure you're over it now - however I am shopping around for airport deals again so came across this. I'm sorry for your ordeal. It sounds awful. It does however sound like you had a bad experience. I myself have used APH on many occasions and have found them to be polite, friendly and my car returned in the condition taken to them. The last time I used them was November 2009. I think with every company unfortunately there won't always be a 100% positive feedback. I guess I have just been lucky with my experiences. In your experience I don't think I would have bothered getting into detail with the staff and MD. I would have told them to expect a letter from my solicitor and left it there.

I have used APH Gatwick - twice and also Birmingham and also Manchester and i can honestly say each time has been sucessful and i could not have expected or asked for more.

i do normally book through motoring discounts website
  • Pembroke
    Pembroke Posts: 841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've used APH a few times and would use them again. Never had any trouble with them and their transfer service is fast, frequent and efficient.

I've also used the Park, Sleep and Fly service offered by the Copthorne hotel. You park in the hotel car park, they keep the keys but my car hasn't been moved once. The only thing I would avoid is their airport shuttle bus, if there's more than two of you a taxi works out cheaper and is more convenient, the bus goes around the houses a bit as it services the Effingham Copthorne as well.

http://www.millenniumhotels.co.uk/copthornegatwick/specials/specials_0003.html
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback