Living richly; simply and debt-freely

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aw Greying, be kind to yourself about whatever you've done :kisses3: Sounds like you didn't hurt anyone, certainly not deliberately, and all you've done is learned something about yourself, which is never a bad thing. So a deep breath, and let it float on past you xx

Dinner looks tasty! :j
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hi Greying, I must confess my kondoing has become a bit ad hoc and I haven't managed to get near my CDs. Between me and OH, there is quite a collection and while some may rarely be listened to, I'd say at least 95% spark joyful memories. I can't see many inroads being made.

Anyhows, glad to see the yogurt production is underway once again. I was at a client yesterday and their canteen yielded the most glorious flapjacks bursting with loveliness and topped with creme fraiche and pomegranate seeds. It was amazing.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

joeyjimbles - I *can*????? (said in a wide-eyed dizney type tone) Thing is, being a hipster bloke seems to boil down to having substantial and spectacular facial hair...... um...............:rotfl:
    So a deep breath, and let it float on past you xx

Thanks Cheery - it's proving very difficult to 'let it go' (it happened a few days ago). Whilst I think it is probably the result of having to 'bite my tongue' once too often, whilst one persons actions unfairly affect a whole swathe of folk, it has shaken me to the core that I lost myself :( It's the unfairness that is at the centre of all this. I have a too highly tuned sense of justice and its all just so unfair, it is overwhelming :(

Dinner tonight will be pizza and new potatoes. Not too sure how to cook the tatties. We've enjoyed them boiled for their *new* taste. It's the last of my gifted produce, so I may well chance making them into wedges, but we'll see how it ends up :D

Thanks, as ever for popping by, reading my witterings and taking the time to post supportive comments. I do accept the administration of buck-kicks too - I don't want to get stymied in a pool of ennui.

Onwards and upwards! I've feathers to flick into gentle submission and a day to seize :)

See y'all later.

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh Greying, that must be such a difficult situation for you, I didn't mean to be flippant. So unfair when one person's actions affect many, and if you've been trying.to hold your tongue it's no wonder you said something eventually xx

Mmmm, wedges :j but also mmmmm, boiled new potatoes :j
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sacriligious suggestion for the new potatoes - but they are rather good baked with liberal sea salt, and MSE-ish as you'll have the oven on for the pizza...

There must be female Hipsters too surely, without the facial hair for preference? :rotfl:
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    .....I didn't mean to be flippant.

Oh Cheery love, I didn't think that you were - you are absolutely right, you have got to let things pass - t'ain't no good holding on to these feelings, they're doing me no good at all :(
    Sacriligious suggestion for the new potatoes

I concur!!!! :D
    There must be female Hipsters too surely, without the facial hair for preference? :rotfl:

*snort* :rotfl: Laughed my socks off at that, joeyjimbles - thanks, I needed a larf :D

Greying x

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Look after yourself.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Look after yourself.

Hey hun! That ^ is a two-way street eh? Hope you're doing ok.

Greying x

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

It took ages to make, and it's not really a dish for a week night because of the prep - and DP will tell you, because of the resultant washing up..... :o But I'm glad that I had a go, and I would make it again. Let's hope that all the 'good stuff' that went into it, elevates me to a higher plane......... ;)
    Personally I think you should have gone for the other option :(;).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Personally I think you should have gone for the other option :(;).

...that being the lower plane?!?

:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport