My Journey To My Pot Of Gold

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Sorry you've not been feeling great. It's important to listen to how you feel. Your financial organisation hasn't been affected as you are still doing great. Have lots of rest DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better MT. Enjoy your new YNAB :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Sorry you've not been feeling great gorgeous - wishing you well soon.#Thinking of you
    :-)

Wednesday - Today is hump day is it not :-)
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still feeling grotty. I think coming into work in the freezing cold and sitting under the air con vents isn't helping!

Thank you for your wishes Rosa and Sam.

In financial news, I have this niggling feeling that I need to get my credit card paid off before starting another regular saver. In financial terms it probably doesn't make much sense as my credit card is on 0% and I can earn good interest in a regular saver. But I see that credit card as another monthly commitment that I'd like to get rid of. So, I've rejigged my finances and I'll pay off as much as I can each month and see how that goes.

I've kept up with the SB earnings, although I have to say that if it wasn't for the fact I just let these run by themselves with little interaction from me, I don't think I'd bother.

It is hump day now! Wooh to that! I just have today and tomorrow to get through with an early start!!! I think I'd have stayed in bed today if it wasn't for some urgent work I need to get finished this week!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

MTxx
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better MT, I reckon it makes total sense to sign up to YNAB if its helpful as your right it will save overall! That old saying you have to spend money to save has some use still! Almost the weekend, hope you wont be feeling poorly x
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi MT. Hope you're feeling better and have had lots of rest. You're doing so well with your money, I can't wait to be in that position or at least in a position to start paying it off.

Take care and stay warm.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Sorry you're still feeling grotty MT. :o
    Hoping you have replaced the air con vents at work for a duvet, hot water bottle and lots of hot drinks at home
    DIA xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better MT. Air con isn't exactly helpful when there are bugs circulating... maybe some essential oils on a tissue or somewhere near you might help?

I see your point about the CC - mine is also on 0% but I think you're right about it being an extra commitment that makes it feel a bit of a drag. It's one more thing to organise and one more thing that isn't flexible if you do want to do anything new. I'm hoping to get rid of mine shortly and will then make a decision about the family loan which is sort of the same situation - it isn't costing me, but I don't like having it hanging around. Set yourself FREE! :)

Hope you are having a lovely weekend - if the weather is grotty with you too just make it a box set or book day :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Hello Missing you ...:-) hope you are just busy and feeling better xx

As always Sam
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    A big thank you to all you lovely people wishing me better. I'm getting there!

Life is ticking along as normal really. YNAB is lovely online and I've paid for the full year now, which came to £32.37 ($45.00). It's so nice having it all online and easily accessible.

I have made a definite decision to get that CC paid off as fast as possible. I have £250 a month going to a regular savings account, so I'll continue with that and have that as my only savings. I've also decided that once that matures I'll pay it off the card as that should completely clear the card at that point with, hopefully, a little left over.

I've also decided to put most of my direct debits and bills into one account, other than the direct debit requirements I have for the reward incentives. This will help my interest amount from my Santander account and will mean less bill juggling, hopefully.

I've also booked off 2 weeks from work at the beginning of March so that I can get lots of jobs done at home and also, maybe, get a valuation booked to give me an idea of what I'll get. I can then speak to my neighbour and make sure he's aware of the price and happy with it and then proceed if he is. :D

Swagbucks are up to date, and growing quite nicely. Especially as I do very little for them. My shop and scan points are also doing well so my Christmas savings may be redirected in December if I can really boost my vouchers from these sites.

I'm out this evening with one of my closest friends, and it's just the 2 of us tonight instead of our general group meeting. He's such great company and the dynamics are quite different when it's just us two so I'm really looking forward to it. I also have the 02 priority app which has a free coffee on there, so that's where we'll be going! :cool:

I hope everyone's having a lovely week. I'm almost caught up on diaries.

Happy Hump Day! :D

MTxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family