Delivery rights: Amazon

Options

Comments

• Inderveer
    Options
    Not sure if any one caught it but myByBox.com was listed as a delivery option on the BBC Breakfast Show for people who don't want to wait in for parcel.

There are always alternatives if you're worried the delivery won't get to you...
  • Mark_Hewitt
    Mark_Hewitt Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    Options
    I just wish on Amazon.co.uk there was a way to select which courier you wanted - it could be a charged for service after all; then I could choose Royal Mail specifically because I live around the corner from the Post Office but not around the corner from the Home Delivery Network depot.
  • timrollpickering
    timrollpickering Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 16 December 2011 at 7:34PM
    Options
    silaren wrote: »
    IMHO Amazon needs to have a serious review of Yodel and consider dropping them - they're damaging Amazon's reputation.

Amazon have been getting complaints about HDNL/Yodel for years and it hasn't shifted them. Heck there are even HDNL/Yodel managers who wish Amazon would reconsider because of the disproportionate amount of hassle they get from Amazon orders.
  • Wetherby_Pond
    Options
    Another CityLink debacle. Their tracking site says delivered, signed for (which it isn't).... except the receiver's name (mine) is spelt wrong - because it was falsified by someone who can't spell, and the package has presumably been dumped.
  • Joelleski
    Joelleski Posts: 109 Forumite
    edited 20 December 2011 at 1:58PM
    Options
    Ordered an item through Amazon Prime, it should have been delivered on the 15th - via HDNL - not received it. HDNL are now claiming to have delivered it on the 16th ... No, they haven't, and there is no signature for proof of delivery. I definitely haven't had my parcel. Amazon now want to interview the driver. I just want my money back now.

*Edit* After Amazon spoke to them it transpires that HDNL actually haven't delivered my parcel. They "found" it in their Hatfield depot. Funny that their tracking stated otherwise. Still awaiting my parcel. Grr.
  • pjaj
    pjaj Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've always had excellent customer service from Amazon. They frequently beat their promised delivery times, so much so that I almost always opt for free delivery, knowing I'll get the goods quicker than 3-5 working days. The best they did was an order placed one evening that arrived about 18 hours later, the following day. The one or two times I have had to return goods there has never been a problem. A book I found I'd already got - free return and full credit. Some tools that were faulty - replacement was with me before I had even sent the faulty ones back; again a free returns label.
    Sent from my abacus.
  • pjaj
    pjaj Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not too impressed by DPD either. They were supposed to deliver a parcel yesterday (19th) and gave a 1 hour windoe between 4 & 5 PM, so we rearranged our schedule and got back at 3PM, only to find a "sorry we missed you" note timed at 2:30.
    To give them their due, I went to their web site and rescheduled for today (no time given) and it duly arrived mid-morning, but the tracking number showed that it had been "out for delivery" on the 16th as well, but never made it.
    Sent from my abacus.
  • timetosave22
    timetosave22 Posts: 37 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2011 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Hi

do these delivery rights also apply to no-show returns pick-ups

I had to make 3 appointments with amazon before couriers eventually picked up a return (faulty goods)

They offered 15% but as the goods were only worth £40 then thats only £6

Pretty poor for three afternoons waiting for them.

I asked for a £20 voucher but they refused so I have escalated the call and am waiting for a call back now
  • clairey22
    Options
    I would also like to know if this applies to collections?

I took yesterday and today off work to wait in for a collection for a faulty Amazon item. City Link were next to useless (I had to wait 30 mins on hold everytime I called) and could not tell me when it would be collected. They lied to me about being called back and collection times and tried to fob me off by giving me Amazon's phone number rather than the local depot number.

In the end I took the parcel to the depot myself despite it being very heavy (I am pregnant).

Amazon have offered me a £5 voucher!!!!
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Just to balance things up ... No.1 daughter bought a book off Amazon yesterday (Christmas pressie for her boyfriend), paid for next-day delivery, it came today around 5pm delivered by a branded HDNL van.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure