Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ben, when you steal a code from FMUK, try taking the date with you eh? :rotfl:

Bridge of Spies

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/518529

Basingstoke
    Belfast
    Birmingham
    Birmingham BroadwayPlaza
    Bristol
    Cardiff Atlantic Wharf
    Chelmsford
    Coventry
    Derby
    Edinburgh Wester Hailes
    Glasgow Braehead
    Greenwich
    Guildford
    Hatfield Galleria
    Kingston upon Thames
    Leicester
    Liverpool ONE
    Manchester Printworks
    Manchester Trafford Centre
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Newcastle MetroCentre
    Norwich
    Sheffield
    South Woodford
    Southampton
    Stoke on Trent
    Swansea
    Swiss Cottage
    Tunbridge Wells
    Wimbledon
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread really needs to be renamed.

Suggestions on a postcard

If anyone actually wants to chat about movie, I'll be over there
    >>
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This thread really needs to be renamed.

Suggestions on a postcard

If anyone actually wants to chat about movie, I'll be over there
    >>

If only you manned up and admitted where you get the majority of codes from Ben, more people would actually post them here earlier.
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Read above......

To save everyone else having to read your needless drivel please PM me and I'll happily discuss whilst leaving this thread for its intended use, not a Ben b1tching wall
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Is anyone finding they are subscribed to the Cinema ...Codes (no discussion) list but not receiving updates?
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Are you sure you have been logged in when checking thread, otherwise you won't receive new emails?
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 November 2015 at 12:00PM
    Options
    Apologies for not being clearer.... I am subscribed and have been so for the last few years. I received email alerts until the last few weeks. As far as I understand the alerts are not dependent to being logged in...
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • steve9872
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Apologies for not being clearer.... I am subscribed and have been so for the last few years. I received email alerts until the last few weeks. As far as I understand the alerts are not dependent to being logged in...
    You understand wrong. When you get an alert, you don't get another until you have viewed the page. You have to be logged in for this or how otherwise is the system going to know you have viewed the page?

Now I have had multiple alerts from the same post, but that's just a fault with the system and I don't get others until I've viewed the page. I'm always logged in.
  • The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    steve9872 wrote: »
    You understand wrong. When you get an alert, you don't get another until you have viewed the page. You have to be logged in for this or how otherwise is the system going to know you have viewed the page?

Now I have had multiple alerts from the same post, but that's just a fault with the system and I don't get others until I've viewed the page. I'm always logged in.

I don't think that is correct.
    Sometimes I switch on my Laptop, and log into my emails - and have several from MSE about cinema codes.....it could have been days since I switched on and I could have half a dozen email alerts from MSE waiting for me.
    So just because I have not opened the first one and then logged into MSE to see that post, has not stopped me receiving later email updates about later posts.
    If that makes sense.

I have in the past had to re-register/subscribe as I have gone for days/weeks without any email alerts.....
    then again, sometimes I get 2 emails EVERY time someone posts on the code thread.

Presumably because I have had to register several times for updates about the code thread.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think that is correct.
    Sometimes I switch on my Laptop, and log into my emails - and have several from MSE about cinema codes.....it could have been days since I switched on and I could have half a dozen email alerts from MSE waiting for me.
    So just because I have not opened the first one and then logged into MSE to see that post, has not stopped me receiving later email updates about later posts.
    If that makes sense.

I have in the past had to re-register/subscribe as I have gone for days/weeks without any email alerts.....
    then again, sometimes I get 2 emails EVERY time someone posts on the code thread.

Presumably because I have had to register several times for updates about the code thread.

You don't have to read the email OR even read the post that the email is alerting you about - just access the specific MSE thread it is referring to - whilst logged in/on to your MSE account.

The idea is that you just get a single notification that there has been an addition to a thread since the last time you viewed it, not a notification for every new post that has been made since your last visit.

A single email is sufficient to tell you that you need to visit the thread to check it, and if when you do there has been just 1, or 2, or 22 or 52 new posts then the original notification has now been satisfied. You will (should) now receive another email when the very next post is made.

Agree about occasionally the need to re-register/subscribe IF you stop getting them altogether but I think it's quite rare, I've only had to do this half a dozen times in 10 years
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport