Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Got my backside into gear this morning and got quite a few things done that were niggling me, but just couldn't seem to get on and sort them out (mainly paperwork).
    So far I have
    Rang Tesco CC and closed account (10k limit :eek:).
    Filled in forms for both children for school bits and pieces.
    Filled in forms for work.
    Ordered chocolates for DS xmas present from amaz0n using vouchers.
    Lit stove, its blinking freezing and pipe to washer is still frozen.
    Put money on both children's school lunch account (DD forgot lunch:mad:)

To do-
    General tidy up.
    Meal plan/shopping list.
    £bay listing
    Order a cd (present off ds for Dh)
    Have a look at abel and c0le as they have sent me a voucher for 50% off veg box.
    Finish putting xmas decs up.

Have been pondering on what to do with pre paid cards I sometimes redeem from surveys now that N£XT is paid off as I always paid them off account and realised this morning that I could use them to top up kids school dinner account :D.

Keep warm and have a great day xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You've had a very productive morning, well done.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon.

Quiet day at home ploughing through the mountain of washing as the pipe has finally defrosted, not as cold today but it keeps throwing heavy showers.

Caught up with surveys and managed to redeem a £5 amaz0n voucher and £11 into bank account from another site.

Christmas shopping just about done, need to get some food bits but not a huge amount as we are at home in the morning and then going to MIL for a late Christmas lunch/early tea in the afternoon, so have decided to cook a huge full English breakfast to tide us over. I have done a massive meat order £90 :eek:, but this should see us through this month and January and I will also have meat coming as payment for the work I do, thank goodness for 2 chest freezers. Hopefully I can keep food spends down over the next few months and i'm also going to use amaz0n vouchers to bulk buy bits that can be stored, I was thinking toiletries. cleaning/washing stuff, teabags, breakfast cereals, flour, pasta, tinned goods, juice/squash.
    Placed an order with The b0dyshop this morning, I used the code that came in Martin's email and got DH a shaving set, a hand and lip gift set, my favourite satsuma shower gel and a free body butter for £17, very pleased.

£bay quiet at the minute and not many sales, have a couple of bits to list later on.

DD is driving me up the wall, I know its her age but sometimes she is just so bl**dy inconsiderate and selfish:mad:, anyway its probably her hormones and she will be back to normal in a day or 2.

Hope everyone is ok xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Sounds like you have been extremely busy Pennywise! Well done on cancelling that CC :T

Argh to DD, fingers crossed for normality soon!!! x
    Mummytogirls x

• hugglemonster
    Options
    I'm glad the pipes have defrosted, I have a mountain of washing too but can't use frozen pipes as an excuse just pure laziness!

Good going on the presents shop and meat order, what a good idea about using the vouchers to bulk buy non-perishables.

Hope your dd's mood changes soon, I'm still waiting for mine to get to that stage although she's 13 now so won't be long!

Hope you're having a nice relaxing day, H x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

can't believe we only have a week to go to Crimbo, seems to have flown by, also can't believe it is nearly the end of another year and what a year it has been. First half was great, second half totally pants. Just want to start 2018 with a clean slate and a fresh diary.

I feel as though this week is going to be a bitty week getting everything sorted and loose ends tied up.
    so plans for today -
    Pay interest on tesc0 cc, even though I paid it all off and closed account they have sent me a last statement for interest, robbing barstewards:mad:.
    check banking.
    ebay wrap/list.
    Meal plan/shopping list
    Bake cake.
    Decrease mount washmore.
    Clean bathroom.
    Nip into town - post letters, buy chocolate for kids stockings as DH gave the kids the 2 chocolate santas I had bought, because he is an idiot:D. Pet shop for chews for whoofetts. Sainbugs to get a couple of bits I can't get in mr A. Mr A shop mainly fresh stuff as my freezer is bursting ( do not get tempted by yellow stickers, or pop into b00ths/co-op just in case there is a bargain to be had:o).

This week (before Friday).
    Write cards for work and hand delivered/family cards.
    Wrap all presents and remember where I have hidden all the kids bits.
    Make pudding for xmas day.
    Make fudge.
    Buy 2 Christmas plant (one for MIL, one for Gran).
    Pop into work.
    Meet friends for tea and swap presents (sorted Tuesday).
    Chase refund for item missing from an order, promised a refund last week:mad:.
    Chase missing ebay parcel that was supposedly posted to me last Monday, they have no proof of postage and telling me to wait longer as the post is slow, me not believe them :mad:.
    Keep up with surveys and saving money.

Redeemed a £5 amaz0n voucher this morning from $wagbucks, should receive that tomorrow, waiting on £32 amazon from m1ngle and £11 from pan£lbase.

Hope everyone is ok and getting into the Christmas spirit, take care.xx
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Sounding very busy and organised :D

Have a lovely day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sounding very busy and organised :D

Have a lovely day x

I don't feel organised, my house looks like a bomb has gone off :o.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 December 2017 at 2:36PM
    Options
    Morning.

I feel as though this week is going to be a bitty week getting everything sorted and loose ends tied up.
    so plans for today -
    Pay interest on tesc0 cc, even though I paid it all off and closed account they have sent me a last statement for interest, robbing barstewards:mad:.
    check banking.Done
    ebay wrap/list.wrapped and posted, no listing done yet.
    Meal plan/shopping listDONE
    Bake cake.
    Decrease mount washmore.
    Clean bathroom.
    Nip into town - post letters, buy chocolate for kids stockings as DH gave the kids the 2 chocolate santas I had bought, because he is an idiot:D. Pet shop for chews for whoofetts. Sainbugs to get a couple of bits I can't get in mr A. Mr A shop mainly fresh stuff as my freezer is bursting ( do not get tempted by yellow stickers, or pop into b00ths/co-op just in case there is a bargain to be had:o).DONE MIGHT OF NIPPED INTO BOOTHS

This week (before Friday).
    Write cards for work and hand delivered/family cards.
    Wrap all presents and remember where I have hidden all the kids bits.
    Make pudding for xmas day.
    Make fudge.
    Buy 2 Christmas plant (one for MIL, one for Gran).1 bought
    Pop into work.
    Meet friends for tea and swap presents (sorted Tuesday).
    Chase refund for item missing from an order, promised a refund last week:mad:. email sent
    Chase missing ebay parcel that was supposedly posted to me last Monday, they have no proof of postage and telling me to wait longer as the post is slow, me not believe them :mad:.
    Keep up with surveys and saving money.

Redeemed a £5 amaz0n voucher this morning from $wagbucks, should receive that tomorrow, waiting on £32 amazon from m1ngle and £11 from pan£lbase. £32 AMAZ0N VOUCHER RECEIVED THIS MORNING

[/QUOTE

Town wasn't too busy, posted £bay parcel and bought first class stamp, only needed one as I found some in my purse:).
    Nipped to sainsbugs and spent £17.01 on food and £7.35 on xmas bits.
    Nipped into B00ths(I know I said I wouldn't but sainsbugs didn't have any chopped dates) spent £6.04 but got loads of yellow stickered bread and a big block of parmesan cheesed for £1.04:D, also free latte.
    Lastly Mr A spent £40.15 which is brilliant for a weeks shop and I got some nice cheeses and meats for Dh to snack on over Christmas, also bought 2 presents £10.95, one of these being a lovely plant gift basket for gran, was gong to get one from M&S which were approx £20, Mr A had similar ones but slightly smaller for £8.50 :D.

Off to put another wash on and unload dishwasher.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Merry Christmas to you Penny!!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts