Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thinking about moving my Broadband DD from 123 to BOS since it's only earning about 69p per month in cashback at 123.

Another DD idea is the "Schoolgateway" for paying your childrens school dinner money.
  • DIYhelp76
    DIYhelp76 Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many thanks for all the useful contributions to this thread.

It's a real headache (understatement!) trying to find so many replacement DDs for me and family member accounts.

Am I right that most of the options listed here only allow 1 nominated account and thus 1 DD? e.g. Post Office, Scottish Widows, B Midshires etc?

If so, the only option is to open multiple accounts - Post Office it seems limits to only 1 per person.

Does anyone have experience of successfully opening multiple accounts with the others, e.g. several Scottish Widoes or several of the B Midshires? Or any other suggestions?

Many thanks.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DIYhelp76 wrote: »
    Many thanks for all the useful contributions to this thread.

It's a real headache (understatement!) trying to find so many replacement DDs for me and family member accounts.

Am I right that most of the options listed here only allow 1 nominated account and thus 1 DD? e.g. Post Office, Scottish Widows, B Midshires etc?

If so, the only option is to open multiple accounts - Post Office it seems limits to only 1 per person.

Does anyone have experience of successfully opening multiple accounts with the others, e.g. several Scottish Widoes or several of the B Midshires? Or any other suggestions?

Many thanks.

2 x SW but currently unavailable for new applications.

BM I'm not sure if there's a limit but I have 2.

PO 1 and 1 joint but this seems to be per issue and they change this fairly often. I wasn't aware of the restriction and successfully opened 2 x sole and a joint issue 26 in October which all are working correctly. I've just opened a further sole & joint issue 28.

All only allow 1 nominated account and thus 1 DD per savings a/c.
  • DIYhelp76
    DIYhelp76 Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Clivep - just to say thanks so much for taking the time to reply - the information is really useful.

:)
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another place to look is to see if your local Credit Union takes DDs.
    Mine didn't!

there's also Saga telephone saver- poor rate - and even slower then BM!!- but helps towards overall goal of earning on those a/cs

The annoying thing is that I actually left my money in Mr T's savings !
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DiegoJC wrote: »
    Could you please confirm that the app sill works?
    I was able to use it till December but not from the new year; if it does, I don't know whether I shall update it since a couple of months ago, to prevent any eventual update removing the functionality, I decided to stop its automatic update on google play :|

Yes still works, I am waiting for DD coming out of three accounts.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • DiegoJC
    Options
    Many thanks Westie983.
    Don't know whether my post was clear enough because I was quoting a message replying to a post (that's not been included in my post) stating that through the Paypal app it's still feasible adding money to the paypal account using DDs.

That does not seem to be the case anymore, does it?
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    talexuser wrote: »
    ...Still looking though and open to suggestions, was going to use gocardless but they have increased their fees too.

Tried it. They booted me out when they worked out that the payee and the paid were connected. :(
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DiegoJC wrote: »
    Many thanks Westie983.
    Don't know whether my post was clear enough because I was quoting a message replying to a post (that's not been included in my post) stating that through the Paypal app it's still feasible adding money to the paypal account using DDs.

That does not seem to be the case anymore, does it?

Correct, You cant fund your account by DD, but you can pay someone else and pay by DD.

I send money to my sister she sends it back to me straight away then I withdraw it and put it in the accounts the DD are coming out of.

I have done this for four accounts this months, as a trial before I need to use it in April.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • DiegoJC
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Correct, You cant fund your account by DD, but you can pay someone else and pay by DD.

I send money to my sister she sends it back to me straight away then I withdraw it and put it in the accounts the DD are coming out of.

I have done this for four accounts this months, as a trial before I need to use it in April.

Westie983

Great, thanks. I wasn't sure that the Send money functionality used DDs.
    Think I'll have to rely on that even before April because my two 3% Tesco accounts need DDs not linked to the Internet Saver.

PS: today I received a survey from Tesco Bank about my satisfaction as a customer: I remarked that I cannot understand why they're changing the only thing that makes them different and better than their competitors; however I guess that the reason is simple: money!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback