IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Appeal- REBUTTAL DRAFT - PCN from Premier Park - 7 minutes!

Options

Comments

• toblerone13
    Options
    I'm really sorry. I am reading the Newbies thread and reading the POPLA bit but can't see this info. Sorry for being a pain.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 August 2017 at 1:02PM
    Options
    read her comments in here too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5632539&page=3

what you need to realise is we get the same questions all the time , yet the answers to those common questions are already here

I rarely see new info or a new question, neither does coupon mad

good luck

ps:- this is what it says in the NEWBIES thread that you missed
    These then get saved as PDFs and uploaded to POPLA under OTHER (ONLY) - do not think you only have 2000 characters!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html

AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR POPLA APPEAL:

please look again until you see it (and prankster posted that linked guide 2 years ago)
  • toblerone13
    Options
    Once again, thank you for your help and sorry for repeating questions already covered by the Newbies section.

I will update the thread when I hear.
  • toblerone13
    Options
    Oh crap. I've just realised I didn't upload it as a pdf. I've uploaded as a word doc. I hope that won't affect my chances.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It shouldnt do, but check with them that they could open it ok. Call, email, whatever works.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh crap. I've just realised I didn't upload it as a pdf. I've uploaded as a word doc. I hope that won't affect my chances.

should be ok , as I did mention earlier a word doc or better still a pdf

I would phone them and ensure that your word doc submission is ok , and at the same time offer to email a pdf version to an email address of their choice, if it would help ?

have it saved as a pdf and ready to send to any email address they give you , then stay on the line and ensure they add it to your popla case

but if a word doc is ok, then no need to worry , but then start reading this forum about REBUTTALS to any PPC evidence pack, which is when you get to comment on their evidence pack

ie:- stay ahead of the game , prepare beforehand , do the research , and start a draft rebuttal based on other rebuttals here, then you can adapt it if or when you get the email from popla about their evidence pack
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How did you manage that, I don't think it's possible? Email POPLA with the PDF and explain. You have their email addy because they've just emailed you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • toblerone13
    Options
    I phoned them and he said it would be fine. Got him to check he could open it and he could so now its just a waiting game!
  • toblerone13
    Options
    I have received a notice that Premier have submitted their evidence. Gonna post it on here and see if I should add anything.
  • toblerone13
    Options
    Operator Case Summary

The Appellants vehicle entered the site at 11:52 and exited at 11:59.

We are unable to trace that the Appellants vehicle was registered within the practice or has ever been registered.

The Appellant has been unable to provide any evidence that the driver was a customer at Vets 4 Pets.

When entering onto a managed private car park, a motorist might enter into a contract by remaining on the land for a reasonable period. The signage at the site sets out the terms and conditions of this contract. Therefore, upon entry to the car park, the driver should have reviewed the terms and conditions before deciding to park.

13 Grace periods – according to the British Parking Association Code of Practice
    13.1 Your approach to parking management must allow a driver who enters your car park but decides not to park, to leave the car park within a reasonable period without having their vehicle issued with a parking charge notice.
    13.2 You should allow the driver a reasonable ‘grace period’ in which to decide if they are going to stay or go. If the driver is on your land without permission you should still allow them a grace period to read your signs and leave before you take enforcement action.

If the motorist remains in the car park for a period longer than is “reasonable” for the purposes of Section 13.2, we would consider this parking also.

This location has been assessed in view of the size of the car park, the number of spaces and the vicinity of the business it is attached to. All of this can be seen in the picture evidence provided within the pack. The signage does state that the parking period commences on entry however, we do allow a 5 minute grace period. The grace period has therefore been assessed on these points. 5 minutes is a more than reasonable grace period for a vehicle to enter, the vehicle to be parked and the motorist to enter the vet practice or to read the signage and decide whether to remain or leave.

As the appellant remained on site for 7 minutes, we would consider this more than reasonable and class it as parking.

Ultimately, it is the motorist’s responsibility to ensure that they comply with the terms and conditions of the car park.

An unauthorised entry / parking occurred and a Parking Charge Notice was issued.

It is the responsibility of the motorist to ensure that they have read and parked in compliance with the terms and conditions. On this occasion, the Appellant did not.

We request that the Appellant's appeal be refused.

With regards to the appellant’s remarks that the parking charge notice is punitive and unreasonable and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss, we refer you to the recent Supreme Court decision dated 4th November 2015, Parking Eye Ltd-v-Mr Barry Beavis. Details on the case be found at https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2015-0116.html. This case was seen as an important ‘test case’ due to the complex legal arguments used by both sides. The ruling sets a legally binding precedent on all similar cases for the whole of the United Kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure