Update from Lynzpower

Options

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok, as many of you know I fell off the menu planning wagon last week, and spent £43 about. The meals we had this week gone were pretty pants ( chaotic frame of mind i think I burned a lot of stuff, never mind) this is a new week so Ive turned out my cupboards & freezer to see whats what. We are away this weekend, so menu planngin as of today

Im not at work,and not really eating much, but if I do, Ill have beans on toast, or a toasted sandwich or something for lunch. Along with loads of crisps (need to buy:) )

Fri lunch OH took sandwiches as he always does
    Fri tea - Chicken Enchiladas, rice, beans & sour cream
    Chicken reduced defrosting now, pepper that needs using, passata in, wraps I have in & need using chilli poder, bit of BBQ powder, bit cumin,
    *NEED TO BUY sour cream/ mushrooms/ value butter & cream for the cake filling ( cost £2)

Sat/ sun/ mon away, but for Monday tea we are having sausages, gravy mash & peas from freezer, need potatoes (£1) & carrots-organic ( 60p)

Tues PM Vegetable lattices IN ( from farmfoods for a quid for 2) , jacket & salad bits ( using other potatoes, so need to buy lettuce as mine havent grown enough yet!) lettuce 40p, onions we have, carrot, dont like tomoatoes!

Weds tea, Chilli, using passata in, rice in, veggie mince for me in, meat mince for oh in freezer, need bake at home french sticks (35p) got butter & garlic, mushrooms, onions, pepper got in.

Thurs tea thai Fishes in the freezer ( tesco R&R) with lemon thai rice ( got creamed coconut, that'll do! Might do some chinese style veg with it, beansprouts onions, carrots etc with 5 spice & honey.

Fri tea, Chinese. Turkey from freezer with chinese veg from freezer, oyster sauce ( in) fry some P crackers (in) mini spring rolls ( in) Maybe if theres any reduced duck we will have that with pancakes ( got the pancakes) If not we wont bother lol .

this is an unusual week obv as we are eating from the cupbards, But I reckon this week we will be looking at spending no more than a tenner, as we'll also need oil, crisps, tuna & cheese & bread & milk on top of whats already listed which adds up to 4.35. Unless theres duck legs which are about £2 if reduced, or 3 if not reduced - stuff it, were having them :beer:

Hope this helps you Annie!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Peppa_Pig_5
    Peppa_Pig_5 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    I don't come on here as much as I used to/or would like to at the moment, but I just wanted to say Lynz that I love reading your posts and you have done so much. Your posts are always an inspiration to me and it is amazing to see how much you have done so far, keep up the good work.

Sorry to hear about your health, it must be in the air as I haven't been too good lately. I have taken a few days out from work just like yourself and seem to be feeling a lot better, hope you do too and have a great weekend. I just wanted to add that I am glad you still have a lot of fight left in you, sometimes it can go the other way and the fight goes out of you. So well done.

Peppa
    x
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheers for that Peppa.
    EDIT, sorry to hear that you havent been well either, extending my get well soon wishes. As Ms London said earlier in this, being a little MSE means taking on lifes problems and knowing you can live with a little further tweaking.

A few months ago, after my poor health news I would have probably just got another credit card and paid for a holiday somewhere tropical. Still same old problems would be here when I got back, just adding to the debt.

As it goes, our ebay & quidco type money is being sent off to our all new FD savings account, then each time it hits 100 we buy premium bonds with it. If we win anything it comes off the debt. Once we've hit 500, any more we make comes off the debt. We then cash in the bonds in November , if not later all depends, then we are off to somewhere hot with it. :j
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • abbecer
    abbecer Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

We're in the process of changing accounts to the A and L. They have a free transfer service for all your direct debits, wages etc. They will give you a free overdraft for a while until everything is sorted out, incase you end up overdrawn whilst change over is happening. Best of all it will save you money on numerous phone calls. Hope this helps.

Rebecca x :rotfl:
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    Holiday somewhere hot sounds like a fab idea!!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • aimme13
    aimme13 Posts: 458 Forumite
    Options
    lynz you sound so organized with the meal planning.......im spending so little on food at the moment that people have actually said i must be lying about my weekly food shop!!! just waiting for the knock from social services for neglecting the kids :-)........but they are eating so so much, do you plan your meals in so much detail every week??.....or is this just a guidline and you are flexible
    keep up the good work i follow a lot of your threads on the other boards aswell and think you are one very determind person, will keep watching this thread
  • LJD1_2
    LJD1_2 Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely weekend at the wedding, enjoyed all the more as you're not paying for it! Have fun and take care xx
    January budget
    Nothing left!
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ha Aimme, I know what you mean, most people are like "how do you do it"

I was completely off the ball last week ( which also happened to be payday, plus Id had my bad news so what do I do? Go food shopping! Seriosuly, its where a lot of my money had been going, constantly in M&S for bits and costing me a fortune. So I had to break the back of it really.

this week ( the one above) is a use up, as a hangover from last weeks splurging and making the best out of whats in.

Usually, we look at the weather, and see what we are going to fancy, if we are forecast rain out comes the slow cooker & bangers & mash, if its going to be sunny, its more salads, jackets etc. Fairly loose, but also taking into account whats on offer. Im happy to swap one meal for another, if theres yellow label stuff I can freeze or something usefuls on bogof. Have started to get bored of the same things although this week involves stuff Ive never made before, or we havent had for a few weeks.
    This Ive come to know...
  • Annie_Fanny
    Annie_Fanny Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    Options
    Oh what is 'tesco R&R' - feel silly!

Your menu plan is not too far off what we eat really - but I reckon we are spending far far more! Must get it sorted!

Thank you Lynz!

Annie
    "Debt makes plans for you" - A quote from my friend Catherine. How true!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh what is 'tesco R&R' - feel silly!

Your menu plan is not too far off what we eat really - but I reckon we are spending far far more! Must get it sorted!

Thank you Lynz!

Annie

Annie, this refers to Tesco's policy of Refund & Retain - if they overcharge you they give a full refund, not just excess, and you keep the product. Check the Grabbit While You Can board, MS's list what they've found on there.

I tried it for the 1st time last night - went off armed with big list of what others had found, only found 1 wrong in my store, but got posh joint of ham (Shelf Edge Label £5.49, charged £6.49) for free. I think the tip is to look at every SEL for ones which are out of date. Will be doing again (although 45 mins Morrisons shop took 2 hrs including travelling! but got cheap diesel as well).

Lynz - keep it up! Hope you have a great weekend. x
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure