PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Thank you for the lists natty and Valli
    Re the clearance challenge I've just written cards for 'my' class and stuffed them with the 30 mini stocking I made from the red fleece offcuts that have been lurking in the cupboard of doom for more than a good while. There are now two ladies at the CS shop that know DHs giftaid number off by heart thanks to the recent run of weekly visits and the ironing pile is clear!

This morning I'll mostly be writing Christmas cards and doing the weeks meal cooking. I ly got lunchtime and afterschool club at work today so hopefully will achieve a lot.
    Tomorrow I've got work in the morning then dinner shift my sisters round in the afternoon then I have a hospital appt-not really looking forward to it if I'm honest but needs must.

Massive hugs to you Valli and thanks again for the wool, I made a start knitting some little hats for the scbu last night with the cream in it.

Off to do something, will catch up later. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 10:13AM
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    Donna regarding the flea situation, the fleas are becoming immune to the Frontline. I've found Advantage to be very good, and it kills instantly. Also if you can get some Indorex from Amazon, this is a house spray, spray the house etc with this. It lasts 12 months and is very good, I can heartily recommend it. :D Also if you get it from Amazon it works out half the price of a vets practice. I also get our advantage from VetUK or somewhere like that and it is cheaper than the vets too. Hope this might help you ...

Hi Natty thank you so much - have ordered Advantage from VetUK and bought the Indorex spray last week - we have spent a small fortune on various treatments this week and i'm getting concerned that we might be damaging poor pepper's natural skin balance although she is her normal happy bouncy self
  • donnajt
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    I use VetUK and Advantage for my mogs too as frontline doesn't touch them... they reduced the active ingredient so they could sell OTC rather than prescription only and rendered it useless..

Thing is one random flea could have boinged off the soft furnishings onto doggo and be in the process of dying.. it does take a while to clear a household infestation.. definitely more than a few days, as new bugs hatch they jump on doggo and die.. give it time.. and overdosing on flea medication can cause lasting neurological damage so please be careful with it!

Hi pigpen - advantage ordered - i'm probably being neurotic - its a bit like when your child comes home with headlice the first time and you over ott crazy. I'm really concerned about overdoing it with the flea treatments and its weird no flea dirt on her at all - just recombed her, am wondering if she has come across a headgehog in our garden .... lots of hoovering and cleaning of the filters - more jobs!!! lol
  • donnajt
    Options
    Lame Wolf - well done on the cheese - feeling slightly jealous!!!

Valli - big hugs for yesterday and well done on slimmer of the week

Lover of Lycra and Dizzy Imp hope you are both feeling better - I have woken up thick with cold and sore throat - fibro gone up a notch and the hideous shooting pains in the front of my feet have returned - its probably one of the worst fibro pains i get and has kept me away half the night

achieved nothing this morning which is usually my best time am going to try and drag ironing board out and at least polish living room in the next hour
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done for Slimmer of the Week, Valli. It's tough not being able to comfort eat when things are difficult.
    *Healing vibes* Narco and Dancemum.
    Welcome WouldBeQMS2 if I haven't said it before. :wave:

OH decluttered to London for 36 hours, which means I'll be taking Devil Cat to the vet hospital at 1.30 am to be dosed up with his drugs. I've asked OH not to go again until Devil Cat's situation is resolved because I can't dose him up on my own and this situation will get ridiculous if we're not careful. Fortunately there's a lovely dog walker who does the dog opposite us and she's willing to turn out twice a day to help, but I think the middle of the night as well is pushing it.

So, today, catching up with what hasn't been done that needs to be done urgently. Cat basket down from the attic already, cat blanket and massive towel sprayed with Feliway Classic once already, and I'll do the inside of the car before I go to bed. Alarm already set.

Now paperwork and Christmas cards.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Thank JoJo. That's the method most of the people on YouTube use as well but for some reason I couldn't get it last night. I had another bash this morning and this attempt was better....much more practice needed.

I've been awake since silly o'clock too gilly1964. Stomach cramps so I've decided to walk to work this morning as the endorphins should help prevent me from wanting to smash all the dishes in the office dishwasher since some people seem to think they are above emptying the bloody thing. :mad:

Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. :rudolf:

I chucked everything in the bin after it piled up in the sink unwashed for a week.

No plates, no mugs, no cutlery... I had my mug in my desk, so I was fine.

It never got messy again.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • donnajt
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    OH decluttered to London for 36 hours

so wish my OH and kids would declutter to London for 36 hours
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I chucked everything in the bin after it piled up in the sink unwashed for a week.

No plates, no mugs, no cutlery... I had my mug in my desk, so I was fine.

It never got messy again.

:T

I like it and it is very tempting. One day the coffee pots might accidentally get broken when removing them from the dishwasher. ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Walking to work this morning certainly helped to boost my mood and got rid of a headache. Sorry to hear you're not feeling great today Dizzy and Donna.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Arghhhh :wall:

How do you fold fitted sheets? No matter how many YouTube videos I watch I cannot get th hang of folding the bloody things. My cleaner was amazing at it. Maybe I should rethink this flying solo. :o
    I was going to reply, but Jojo beat me to it, with a much more succinct answer than I would have managed. :o
    My feeling is that you never get them *perfect* but a tidyish package that sits nicely in the bedlinen drawer is good enough for me. :o
    dancemum wrote: »
    It is ds1's 21st birthday tomorrow.
    Happy 21st to Dancelad :bdaycake:
    Mr LW has his nose happily buried in his new Alex cartoon book; it's sort of a tradition that I buy him that every December; he's got all of them going back to 2003, the first December we were together. :D

I have a WM load of his clothes on the go, but that's about it; and I have to do him a nice dinner tonight. There's also champagne in the fridge for this evening.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure