Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• Skinster
    Skinster Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    I have posted Saturday afternoon with no problems ;)

Last week I had one before mid day and one after mid day on the same day. Well, that didn't happen. I do try to post as per but that is taking the pee.

I’m the same one item before & one item after midday. I choose what time slot suits best on that particular day & the two items get posted at the same time. Never had any emails questioning it either.
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Skinster wrote: »
    I’m the same one item before & one item after midday. I choose what time slot suits best on that particular day & the two items get posted at the same time. Never had any emails questioning it either.

Do you record them as both posted at the same time? I usually do one about 11.55 am and the other a few minutes after midday when this has happened.
  • jools1985
    jools1985 Posts: 326 Forumite
    Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    millie wrote: »
    Do you record them as both posted at the same time? I usually do one about 11.55 am and the other a few minutes after midday when this has happened.

This is what I do too.
  • jools1985
    jools1985 Posts: 326 Forumite
    Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    what does everyone do with all the books of stamps? I send very few letters by post. I was thinking of Ebaying the stamps.
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Last week I had one before mid day and one after mid day on the same day. Well, that didn't happen. I do try to post as per but that is taking the pee.

Don't blame you! I do get the feeling that those who have been on the survey for a long time realise there are ways to work the system to make it a lot easier for themselves... ;)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    millie wrote: »
    Sometimes as I do know that you can pretty much set your watch by the postie emptying my regular box at 1135am ;)
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    saving-mad wrote: »
    does anyone use the large white envelopes that come with the stuff in?
    I have quite a stack but being tight i don't want to use my large letter stamps to post something that fits into a smaller envelope!

What does anyone else do with them all?
    The only time I've ever actually used them was planning a big family get together a few years back and I wanted to send out maps (taken from a local free paper) to a dozen or sets of cousins so large envelopes and large stamps were useful. I used to hang on to them but realised I had about 30; so I now have 10 good condition ones in case they come in useful and the others get recycled as soon as they come in.
    In any case, I did not join to help out corporations without being properly renumerated/ .
    You are not a number - you are a free noob! :)

But I agree on some points... The website is clunky and doesn't cover all options. This cycle, I've run out of SMARTS twice which means holding over items into the following week so I've ended up with 3 a day on occasion. The increased number of cubes is the pain for me. On working from home days - fine; I can organise my time to pop out morning or afternoon as needed (and as others have said - if I have both then one trip at 1159 and 1201 works). On days I'm in the office - letters can be dropped in a box on the way in or out but cubes are a hassle. I work in a different postcode so going at lunchtime means a bus ride each way as well as the queuing. I used to use a sub-postoffice that opened at 8am and closed at 6pm to send cubes first or last thing but it's now changed hands and the timings are a bit tight. As for incoming cubes - getting a red card and going to pick it up costs time and/or petrol and I don't get any L2S vouchers for that...

So I'm very inclined to complete this cycle and then not renew if asked.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    An update on the issue of local PO refusing to accept my large-letter stamps when posting packages.

I decided to use the link kindly provided by molerat and made an enquiry about this. Have received a reply this morning, stating -

"I've asked them to speak to all staff, and to provide further training and guidance to ensure customers are always offered the correct advice going forward. To clarify you can use your own purchased stamps."

Hopefully there shouldn't be any further problems. Thanks very much for help and advice, along with the link.

• goldilocks1704
    Options
    Just got my first posting assignments after a 6 month break. But did do a short 2 week training just before Xmas.
    At the start of new assignments I have been sent collectors stamps one at the beginning of the assignment and then another at the end of the 6 month session. This is in addition to the monthly stamps.
    But this time no collectors stamps and no mention of these. Do they not do them anymore has anyone received them recently.
    Tia
    :j:j :j:j
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    <SNIP> This cycle, I've run out of SMARTS twice which means holding over items into the following week so I've ended up with 3 a day on occasion. </SNIP>

Which is almost certainly NOT TNS's fault ...

... and probably due to another survey member not sending you a postal item (with an enclosed SMART) on the date they should have done. Possibly a week late like you had to because of the same reason or just a general "don't care / doesn't matter" (how, where or when) attitude that seem to affect so many members

Only once in over 5 years have I received REAL SMARTs direct from TNS (and this was not at my request - I guess they realised from their posting plan for me that I was going to have none in stock when I actually needed to use one), on every other occasion my SMART stock is supplied via "Received Items" from other members
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport