When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Well done on giving them his new address, at least that's one less thing to think about.

Glad you managed to grab a few bargains, your sounding much brighter.

Take care.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I can't decide if its the new happy pills finally settling in or the fact things behind the scenes are just showing how much of an !!! he is that I've realised there is zero point in feeling sad about it. Gotta stay strong though and stay away. As I said before getting to this point is the easy bit for me, its sticking with it I'm useless at!

So far so good though!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good for you, Hidden. You've got the children, a new job coming up where you're going to make friends and all of us on here. The job and the support will give you the confidence and friendship that you are lacking just now. I keep saying it but you are a very capable and determined lady. Take a day at a time, congratulate yourself on what you've achieved at the end of the day and you'll be amazed at how far you'll come in a very short time.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Second that ^^^^^ :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • moneymanager
    moneymanager Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So glad they have his new address now you can take that debt off your list and focus on the rest. I know it may be hard to sticking to it but think of how happy you will feel. You will have less debt to pay off, a new job, new friends and most importantly your beautiful children.

So glad you got some bargains. I love getting things from the reduced section especially meat. I just need to figure out the best times to go for the best offers.
    Barclaycard: £4,217.55/£5 = 0.11% | Tesco £3,810.55/£3,770.55 = 1.05%
    Total: £8,027.80/£5 = 100%/0.06%
    Mortgage £99,692/£51,652.33 51.8%
    Car Loan: £9,217.20/7,527.38 81.67%
    My Money Managing Ways
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hidden, I'm so glad things are looking up for you, you really deserve to be happy. :j :T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I can't decide if its the new happy pills finally settling in or the fact things behind the scenes are just showing how much of an !!! he is that I've realised there is zero point in feeling sad about it. Gotta stay strong though and stay away. As I said before getting to this point is the easy bit for me, its sticking with it I'm useless at!

So far so good though!

Only time will make you realise what an escape you've had and that you deserve SO much better.

If you need any incentive to stay away from him think of your children..... do you want them growing up with him as a Role Model? Children learn by example. Is he a good example for them to follow? Would you want your sons to grow up 'just like him' or your daughters to think it's OK for a man to treat a woman like he's treated you?
    Please put you and your children first, you all deserve it. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Things can only get better from now on. You can do this xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Thanks all :D

Spent some Amazon vouchers on diet coke :o and some baking bits! I think I'm addicted to diet coke :o
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Morning :D

Not much planned today, cook a sunday roast ;) of course and let the kids do some baking. I will probably have ironing to catch up after the kids are in bed. Other than that not much happening!

Smalls all still in bed so enjoying a peaceful coffee ;) Need to fit in a visit to my mum because she flys out to the sun on Wednesday for 4 weeks so I'll be all lonely :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure