PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Style Sunday 15 January

Options

Comments

• cliffsgirl
    Options
    So sorry for your loss lainey. Thinking of you x
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Lainey xx
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news Lainey my thoughts are with you and your family x
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    LAINEY I was so sorry to read your post. Loving thoughts xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,048 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    My darling Mum passed away earlier today, we were with her until the end and the wonderful hospice staff made it as peaceful as possible.
    I just wanted to say a big thank you to all that have supported me through such difficult times, it means a great deal to know that you were thinking of her and lighting candles etc.
    Still quite numb at the moment which is probably for the best, will go and have a hot bath now & maybe try to sleep for a while x

What a lovely passing Lainey and I'm glad you had the strength to be there. Condolences to all the family.

The way in which you have handled the last couple of months is so impressive, every little thing you could do for you DM you did, not forgetting the others in the family. You all gave her the best end that can be given.

After the next hectic couple of weeks I hope you find time to have some happier events.

Keep your DM's memory close. With love.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dear Lainey, I am so sorry for your dear Mum's passing, she is now at peace and you will have to face some difficult times, I hope you find a way of looking after yourself and be gentle to yourself. Sending thoughts, hugs and prayers to you and to all your family. xx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Lainey I am so sorry for your loss. Please try and be kind to yourself now. x

I'd planned to make a cheesecake and a quiche today; unfortunately my lupus had other ideas. So hopefully will do them tomorrow now.
    Gers wrote: »
    Whether the weather be fine
    Or whether the weather be not
    We'll weather the weather whatever the weather
    Whether we like it not!
    I have another one for you:

Man is nothing but a fool;
    When it's hot, he wants it cool.
    When it's cool he wants it hot,
    Always wanting what is not.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    I am so sorry LaineyT. Your mum's last months and weeks were filled with your love and care xx
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LW thank you for giving me a little laugh with the ditty you shared!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending love and ((( hugs))) LAINEY xxxx :A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing