Please help! Peugeot 307 HDi 'Anti Pollution Fault'

Options

Comments

• HiTo
    HiTo Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Anti pollution fault comes up for any engine management fault, so inside track isn't wrong. As i said before 90bhp no fap, pump break up is a fault that is known, its all guess work, take it to a place that has the right tools to fix it.

Some people need to chill .......
  • TheInsideTrack
    Options
    bigjl wrote: »
    Well this is the message that used to show up on the 2.2 HDi Citreon C5, which had a DPF, most in thetrade just chose to stock the 2.0 HDi, but for private use the 2.2 was a nice powerful engine.

The usual problem was either a clogged DPF or more likely the Eloys fluid was low. It should be filled upo every 50k apparently.

However the only people that know what is fitted to this car are Peugeot, so the OP should ask them to confirm this.

I was corrected about the mk3 Mondeo being available with a DPF, it was but only as an option, though why you would opt for one is a mystery.

Perhaps the OP's car is actually a 110, or it was fitted with a DPF as an option, or perhaps they where fitted for certain markets, the car could be have been a parallel import from a different EU country when new, and that market a DPF was a standard fitment.

All the other advise above is relevant from my point of view, except the info' from TheInsideTrack, not sure about the Antipollutionfault message having anything to do with a dodgy high pressure fuel pump, that just doesn't ring true for me in all honesty.

The only time the Anti Pollution system warning light should come on in a PSA group car is when there is problem with either the Eloys fluid level or the DPF itself.

I've merely given over my previous experience of this problem, but I would add that Anti-pollution fault appears on petrol engined Peugeots as well, none of which are fitted with DPF for obvious reasons. Anti-pollution can mean poor fuel supply, un-metered air in the system, lambda sensor faults, combustion misfire etc etc..... The list goes on. You are quite correct that the 2.2 HDi was fitted with FAP, as are the 1.6 HDi 110 engines and the 2.0 HDi 110. But the 90bhp 2.0 & 1.6 HDi varieties along with the 75bhp 1.4 HDi do not have a FAP.

FAP has never been fitted as an option to Peugeot as far as I am aware, in fact most with experience of the system would more often go for an option of having it removed!

Posted without intention to bulldoze others opinions. :embarasse
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    I will defer to your more relevant knowledge.

But it all seems a bit mad, what next the brake pad warning light message showing up when you need an oil change, lol.
  • TheInsideTrack
    Options
    bigjl wrote: »
    I will defer to your more relevant knowledge.

But it all seems a bit mad, what next the brake pad warning light message showing up when you need an oil change, lol.

Would you expect anything less??!! ;)
  • HiTo
    Options
    Peugeot 207 1.6 HDi 90bhp with fap badged as a 99g :)
  • TheInsideTrack
    Options
    HiTo wrote: »
    Peugeot 207 1.6 HDi 90bhp with fap badged as a 99g :)

Ah, you mean the "Economique"! Dustbin lid wheels and the whole underside shielded to create less drag. A real beaut!! :)
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my anti polution light comes on every now and then ...I just laugh at it now as its a manufacturing fault (google it and see).
    once I went off a steep kerb and it was fixed....but came back on a few weeks later for no reason...2 days ago it went off and then came back on the next day........... ???
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • HiTo
    edited 23 March 2011 at 12:19AM
    Options
    Ah, you mean the "Economique"! Dustbin lid wheels and the whole underside shielded to create less drag. A real beaut!! :)

Don't forget the longer rear spoiler lol
  • TheInsideTrack
    Options
    prosaver wrote: »
    my anti polution light comes on every now and then ...I just laugh at it now as its a manufacturing fault (google it and see).
    once I went off a steep kerb and it was fixed....but came back on a few weeks later for no reason...2 days ago it went off and then came back on the next day........... ???

So pedestrians will be safer in the road then!!!:D
  • TheInsideTrack
    Options
    HiTo wrote: »
    Don't forget the longer rear spoiler lol

I remember when weight saving was to make things go faster - 306 rallye for example, now it's all about making them go further on less. The fun has been ripped out of motoring!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure