IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Ticket for ALDI Margate - what next?

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 July 2016 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Its the Margate, Zion Road branch.

Just realised you had that in your thread title - doh! Thanks anyway for confirmation.

Any regular in the Margate are able to grab some photos?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • purplesparkles
    purplesparkles Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2016 at 8:48PM
    Options
    The letter in blue writing mentions that the signs fail the test of 'large lettering'. Should I include that despite having no idea if they do or not?

I should also point out that I have a recent recent letter from ParkingEye stating that the appeal period is over except for mitigating circumstances. Can I still appeal? It doesn't feel as though there are 'mitigating circumstances'.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2016 at 2:25PM
    Options
    @ xxxxxxxxxx (OP)

The PPCs monitor this forum and can use your thread against you.

If your boardname includes your real name you need to get it changed to something anonymous by MSE
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    doesnt matter if you know about signage or not

if you query an item, its their task to prove it is valid , hence why you question it

you may have missed the boat if you did not appeal in time, then you are likely to face court action within 6 years

ideally, you need a landowner cancellation
  • purplesparkles
    Options
    By 'landowner cancellation', would we presume that's ALDI? In which case would that mean contacting them directly?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2016 at 10:37PM
    Options
    The letter in blue writing mentions that the signs fail the test of 'large lettering'. Should I include that despite having no idea if they do or not?
    But you DO. Did you read what I said? I meant this about EVERY Aldi, all signs are rubbish (and the template covers all car parks). Above, I said this about Aldi car park signs and the hidden VRN machines:
    Quite possibly this is a site with a keypad hidden in the corner of a dusty and dark Aldi store, to put a VRN in, and the allegation is merely that this OP failed to do that...

ALWAYS winnable on 'no landowner authority' or 'terrible signage' with hardly any mention of the £70 let alone a visible keypad or instructions about same.

Stop thinking you have to amend the template, just send it online (NOT by post) as registered keeper. Two questions:

Are you being accused of overstaying a free period or, failure to input your VRN inside Aldi? You know which because you have the PCN there and it tells you, so which is it?

Do you ever shop at Aldi and do you or family/friends have any Aldi receipts they could help you with, as 'evidence' of regular Aldi patronage? Ask around quickly, or do a 'receipt wombling session' in a local Aldi car park...:cool: If any luck, they get added as attachments and a line can be added to the template:

'Our family are regular Aldi shoppers although no receipt from that day was kept because we don't live near there, the driver was just visiting the area. Please find proof of patronage of our local Aldi which shows we are Aldi shoppers'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Options
    yes it would mean contacting aldi directly

PE take issue more than 25 thousand court claims per annum , so you can expect a court case if its too late to appeal , plus if it is too late to appeal you cannot get a popla code at this time either

your tardiness may cost you dear, sorry to say
  • purplesparkles
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-m, and Redx. Coupon-m, the accusation is overstaying a free period. Thanks for advice on receipts - yes do use a local one. And Redx we will approach ALDI directly. All v helpful. In the meantime the appeal has been submitted so all bases covered.
  • Redx
    Options
    Barry Beavis overstayed a free period and lost in 3 courts, to Parking Eye , and he was a valid customer at Staples who wanted his invoice cancelled, but failed to do so

here is a new discussion on that same car park and PE

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5487084

so dont think of it as a small issue

its important to avoid court and get it quashed by all means necessary
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for advice on receipts - yes do use a local one.
    Good, so you collected them together and bank statements and attached those to the appeal page as well? If not, go back and resubmit the appeal again to PE, with receipts and the added wording about the 'family being regular Aldi shoppers' (NOT 'ME' as that suggests a driver!).

Now, go to Aldi Head office, 'contact us' webpage. Complain & attach receipts, again NOT saying who was driving nor about going offsite. You must mention the PCN nuber of course xxxxxx/xxxxxx.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure