LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 March 2018 at 8:21AM
    Options
    Not sure I follow Beanie...am I missing something? Just looked at Rightmove and took £50k off advertised price of a similar but bigger house, then worked out our mortgage as a percentage. Its great to think we own so much more than the bank does now - quite cheered me up!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 March 2018 at 8:29AM
    Options
    Nice day and its light!! Off on a training course today. Wasnt sure whether to do it as wont be paid but I do need to do some CPD sometimes..and there is a free lunch ;)

Operation No Spend going Ok. So far OH has spent money from his spending pot (although note hes overdrawn on that pot so need to pick that up) and i have spent some (but less than £20) on groceries. Thats it.

Looking forward to the weekend and the imminent money shuffle :j

Have a great day

Brizzle xx
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry brizzled for confusing you.
    I cant remember the way to work out how much of the house that I owe:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No out of ordinary rain here on Monday. Several heavy hail showers on Wed though!

Congrats on owning so much of your house! I think we own about 41%. Would be nice to get to 50%+

Beanie - divide the equity in your home by the total house value and then multiply by 100. So if your house is valued £100,000 and you have a mortgage of £20,000 = £80,000/£100,000 = 0.8 X 100 = 80%.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We own 0% of our current home (rented) but 100% of a large field :rotfl:

I think my BTL is probably at about 70% ownership though. Interesting exercise to look at it the other way around to LTV calculations.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    No out of ordinary rain here on Monday. Several heavy hail showers on Wed though!

Congrats on owning so much of your house! I think we own about 41%. Would be nice to get to 50%+

Beanie - divide the equity in your home by the total house value and then multiply by 100. So if your house is valued £100,000 and you have a mortgage of £20,000 = £80,000/£100,000 = 0.8 X 100 = 80%.

Thank you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on being at 72% ownership - fab stuff! - and brill ISA figure, too! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done brizzle on the home ownership figure! Great news!:j

Wow you've been a whirlwind this week - achieved so much. I hope you enjoy the film tonight. DD and I are getting tickets for 'I Tonya' tomorrow.

And re International Women's Day - my firm treated us all to cakes in celebration. Cue sexist comments from various males! I said they didn't have to eat their cakes - I'd be happy to do it for them!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yeah and they get the other 364 days to boot...;) we are readdressing centuries of patriarchy my friends...:) Especially in the City, what price the gender gap? That exercise throwing up some interesting facts and figures.. I know some banks and other organisations are still holding off publication.

Lovely night out with friends and no sore head today. Whoop. Busy day doing chores and spending some money. Freshened up the work wardrobe but was in the sale. I am really trashing my shoes at the moment so got some new pairs.

Finally letting the chickens out again into the bigger run..and just hoping that the big fox has found other things to eat!!

Beanie...I am always a bit conservative about house values. Always think what if prices slip, its after all only worth as much as someone is prepared to offer on a given day. So I generally start with a conservative sum as the house value, not the asking price in the estates agents for a similar one for example.

Off to the cinema. Couldnt find a suitable voucher so its back home for pizza afterwards. Spent £90 in Trose. But got lots of stuff and have meal planned. OH making a batch of curry for the week ahead as it happens too.

Think thats it. Have a great weekend all

Xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great way of looking at your mortgage as a percentage of how much house you own :) Must encourage you to pay more off.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure