First Direct Internet Banking Plus

Options

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had the same issue in the native AccountUnity (which is behind the FD service). After I re-entered my login information and restarted the browser, it worked fine again. Suggest you try it again, and may be also clean your browser history.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't work for me though.

I deleted the information. Cleared my cookies. Rebooted the PC. Reentered the account info. Still have the same problem :-(
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Resolved it. Not sure how this happened, as I didn't change anything, but the passcode and registration number were transposed!!
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,954 Forumite
    Options
    this is an old thread but ideal for my question.

on entering details for sainsburys bank after adding login details you can click "test login". this works fine and logs me in.
    but when you go to the next page to "get account details" it wont load up, just the ... meaning trying to connect.

I did have it working fine till the weekend upgrade at sainsburys but removed it after the upgrade and readded it.

I vaguely remember something a couple of years ago where after removing an institution and then reading it didn't work then just worked out of the blue weeks later.

thanks.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think that First Direct somehow resolve the issues brought about by institutions changing their systems; isn't there a way to report to FD that you are having issues?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 October 2016 at 1:23PM
    Options
    pfpf wrote: »
    but when you go to the next page to "get account details" it wont load up, just the ... meaning trying to connect............

I don't use FD IBP myself as I use the native accountunity, so this may or may not work: when the connection hangs, click on the ... to see what the reason for the hang is. Sometimes it's just an extra message that the bank are displaying temporarily, and once you clicked it away, everything works fine next time you want to connect.

Hope that makes sense.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    colsten, what is 'the native accountunity'?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 28 September 2016 at 11:30AM
    Options
    grayme-m wrote: »
    colsten, what is 'the native accountunity'?
    Ewise make the software which various banks license and rebadge including First Direct.

So if you prefer you can go direct to Ewise and use their web site. It doesn't looks pretty but it does everything and is faster.

https://www.ewise.com.au/accunity/aa/home.asp
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,954 Forumite
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    when the connection hangs, click on the ...

I had tried that and it takes you to the home page but doesn't continue to the login page.
    tried again today and it did go to login page and actually logged me in once (having clicked on ... ) but wont go beyond the ... while retrieving info. for the sainsburys site though I keep getting a windows ie msg "for your security we have.....blah blah blah".

odd thing is the page before where you "test login" after entering login details works as it should.

links to contact FD about "institutions and issues" don't work though, just keep getting "page has moved".

thanks for the help.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    So if you prefer you can go direct to Ewise and use their web site. It doesn't looks pretty but it does everything and is faster.
    In my experience, they also give pretty decent support if you report a problem to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure