* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Thank You for your company over the past year,looking forward to much more of the same next year.

I have been invited out tonight but don't feel like it. Just a small gathering but with friends family who I have never met.I am afraid that I told a white lie and said I was already going out. Mr V working,DS at GF's,DD2 at her friends over night.

Welcome louj101,you will find plenty of chat and ideas here.

Sorry to hear of poorly people.Nic,this chest infection is a shocker,sometimes you need antibiotics to help.Mr V is much better after antibiotics but still has a cough,it's been months now.jakes mum,ow,ow,ow.I feel your pain.Rest as much as you can and heat and cold can help.

Free, your son is so thoughtful.I also remember his previous gift with goals and treats. You did so well with that. You have had some great days out this year with your family.I am sure that just one trip at a time will be lovely and not as overwhelming as a list of them.I will come with you if you like.I would too,I love a road trip.x DD1's BF Mum is doing well,she came to Mr V's party,I was so pleased.It was a long way to travel and she stayed for a couple of hours.I hope she continues to improve.She has struggled since she had DD's Bf and his twin 26 years ago.I feel for her and you Free.xx I can very easily stop at home as refusing tonights invitation shows.I will feel better when I have lost some weight.I am such a clothesaholic,I hate it when nothing fits well.

crumbs is that the time,see you all next year Vxxxxxxxxxxxx
     :
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Hi All :wave:

Happy Hogmanay from me!

Do you want any shortbread? We have enough to feed the 5,000 here and we will probably be eating it until Easter.

Don't do anything much for NYE - just watch the TV & surf the internet until the bells then go to bed once the fireworks have stopped going off.

Christmas decorations have still to come down - probably do this on the 2nd January as I'm back at work on the 3rd.

Was in town on Saturday and had a quick look at the sales - didn't buy anything as it was really only gift sets and candles that were on sale along with wrapping paper and cards. Don't know what I want to buy for people yet so would rather save the money! Can always get wrapping paper on 3 for 2 in various shops next year.

Wishing everyone all the best for 2018! _party_
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi all, hope you have an enjoyable evening whatever you may be doing. Finished work at half four, and not yet half five and in my PJ's. So rock and roll :rotfl:
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I think I'm yet to hear from anyone who is actually going out this NYE :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy New Year!!
    Here's to another year of Christmas chatter xx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 January 2018 at 11:52AM
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone - wishing you and your families lots of health, wealth and happiness for 2018! :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bliadhna Mhath Ur - Happy New year.

I had a pretty good 2017. Can't complain. Just hope 2018 is the same or better.

I ended up in bed by 11pm last night. Was rudely woken by the fireworks and folk Whatsapping me happy new year at 12am. How rude lol.
    I got them back by politely replying at 7am this morning.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2018 brings lots of happy moments for all.

Really want to get out and have a walk or something. Were heading to the beach but mechanic can't look at car until Wednesday and we don't want to end up breaking down and being stuck.

Tree will probably come down Wednesday I think as we will be at home.

Not making any concrete resolutions - same as everyone there are little things I want to change and do but not putting any pressure on them happening in a certain time frame.

Although was quite amused that although it hasn't been a very healthy week food wise - the scales had gone down over the week :rotfl:
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy New Year all!
    Took a trip to Dunelm today to spend my xmas money from my dad. Got new front room curtains, kitchen bin, bedside lamp (and bulb) and glasses case (pup ate my last case). Not bad for under £50.
    Also picked up my first xmas present for xmas 2018, a pair of fluffy slippers/socks for my friend. They look like foxes (which she loves) but they have a bunny tail, so not quite sure what animal they are supposed to be.
    I'm going to designate a storage box in our store room for xmas & birthday presents.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm holding out in taking our decs down until tomorrow (even though I desperately want to) when the festivities really will be done with, however I've just put away the left over cards from this year and a few embellishments I've saved from crackers to put on presents next year. I have a big bag of gift bags and tissue paper plus cards and embellishments and just looking at what I have I am making a resolution to endeavour to use up what I can next year. It's ridiculous how many bottle bags I have...despite the fact we don't often gift drinks to people (hence having a major stash from ones I've kept from gifts to us) I found a pack of gift tags I didn't know I had which I could've used this year too). I also have tons of bits I've kept for presents but never seem to use because the box they are currently in is a bit crap and I can't see everything. So I'm going to either locate a suitable box at home or 'treat' myself to a little box I can put them all in and then use them.

Right, off to try and sort the freezer a bit.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family