How much can you save?

Options

Comments

• Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I may dip a toe in the water of matched lay betting.

I'd recommend it - you can make £500 a month easily. The best place to start is the Starter Guide and then ask any questions you have in the Newbie thread (you don't need to read the entire Newbie thread before posting in it!).
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dan29 wrote:
    I'd recommend it - you can make £500 a month easily. The best place to start is the Starter Guide and then ask any questions you have in the Newbie thread (you don't need to read the entire Newbie thread before posting in it!).

How do you keep finding the free bet offers though? surely there are only so many companies offering an incentive free bet, after going through those doesn't it dry up?

Cheers
  • Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,760 Forumite
    Options
    save-a-lot wrote:
    How do you keep finding the free bet offers though? surely there are only so many companies offering an incentive free bet, after going through those doesn't it dry up?

Cheers

There are hundreds of bookies out there, most of which I'd never heard of before I started matched betting after reading the guides on this site, and several new companies start up each month.

Some of them have bigger opening offers than others - e.g. several offer £200 - and there are also offers for existing customers if you haven't been using your account, or to tie in with a major sporting event.

Once you know what you're doing you can further boost your funds just by exploiting differences in odds - e.g. today I made £80 as Totesport's odds on Norwich were higher than those available at Betfair.

I'd say the main limitations on how much money you can make are how much time you have available, and the size of the cash float you start with. There are people who've made £25,000 or more and not run out of bookies, so I'm not worrying yet :)
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I will head over that way and have a look.
  • Wanno
    Wanno Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Hurrah, I have just had Bond mature. Its a pants rate so I'm going to plonk all that in my savings pot. That an extra £400 or so this month taking the amount this month nearly up to £900!

Apart from that I'm broke and living off soup
  • zag2me
    zag2me Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Goals for 2007 are to be totally debt free (student loan) and to increase my savings to around 20,000 before I buy a new house. It will be full steam ahead in January.
    Save save save!!
  • Wanno
    Wanno Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    My goals for 2007 are hopefully to buy a house!
    My savings goal are to make sure that I put in at least £600 in the pot per month.
    To make sure that I utilise any available means to make a little extra money- going to try this matched betting if everyone thinks its so good.
    Carry on being a money savings expert and really use this site to my advantage.
    Work out where my money goes and then curb it!
    Save save save to spend spend spend!
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Options
    My savings goal for 2007 is to save a decent deposit to buy a house. Im hoping for a slowdown in prices, but then I guess all us first time buyers are!
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love this thread and reading about all the money you savvy lot are putting away:cool: I save £438 per month in a cahoot savings account to budget for all the one off bills that come in throughout the year, car tax, buildings insurance, holiday home taxes/bills etc, often I can meet these payments from the current account so at the end of the year whatever I havn't spent is skooted off to my Icesave account which currently stands at nearly £20,000:j In addition to this I save £135 in my A&L online saver which is the amount I was spending on ciggies when I gave up two years ago this account stands at just over £3,000. I'm a non tax payer so all the savings earn gross interest:j

My goal for 2007 is to set up a regular saver account to get the best rate of interest and to carry on saving at the same rates as 2006 and to overpay my mortgage by 10%
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • trumbo
    trumbo Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Good to see some people out there keen to save there money.....

I'm hoping to get my own place earlish next year and am aiming for £20k by xmas 2006 (but I think I'll miss my deadline by a month or 2, depends what I get for xmas).

I have been saving for a while now but this year has been my best. Sticking a good £500-600 away every month and looking to increase that.

Currently have £12500 in a Cash Isa (maxed with 3k at start of the new tax year) and £6000 in an online savings account.

And I have this year started trickling a little into a Halifax sharebuilder which stands at around £900 (another top up due this thursday) but thats for the longer term.

Good Luck people.......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure