IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP PCN by NCP - Chalfont & Latimer Railway / LU Station

Options

Comments

• alfa145
    alfa145 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    You have an interesting point with the wording on the new sign - "Remember to pay before you leave this car park" - there is no clarification if it means on foot or before driving off.

I have had issues with the Dash app (aside from being not very user friendly), I have often had timeouts and slow response when trying to pay. I gave feedback, and to NCP but they claimed it stated in the T&Cs (I've not checked) that they are not responsible for if the app doesn't work. Not a great position to be in as the customer, playing pass the buck between the 2 separate companies.

Good luck with your challenge - I would use my letter and add in an extra point for unclear signage regarding the payment before leaving the car park. It is very easy to do, all via online portal. I think the length of the letter puts them off to be honest as it will take considerable time for them to counter each point.
  • THEPUMA
    THEPUMA Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Alfa145.

I also am planning to appeal 8 parking penalties from NCP re Chalfont & Latimer.

Do you have a copy of the final wording you used that you can either post or email to me?

Many thanks
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NOTE: there is an offence of failing to buy a ticket , but no bylaw offence for fail to display

make sure you go down the right track
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    THEPUMA wrote: »
    Hi Alfa145.
    I also am planning to appeal 8 parking penalties from NCP re Chalfont & Latimer.

Do you have a copy of the final wording you used that you can either post or email to me?
    You should look at mixu's thread (no link given!).

His win is recent & shows the POPLA appeal. You can find the thread on the first few pages or look up his username & find his threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • THEPUMA
    Options
    Found it thanks. You are a legend. I shall copy it word for word and add in the section about not being able to identify the driver. 'Any thanks.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    make sure to highlight BYLAW CASE in your appeal heading, it should then be put on hold , and hopefully kicked out
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • THEPUMA
    Options
    Ok great thanks I will do.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if others agree?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    THEPUMA wrote: »
    Found it thanks. You are a legend. I shall copy it word for word and add in the section about not being able to identify the driver. 'Any thanks.

Probably not quite copying it verbatim! Read it, there's specific stuff about the pay-by-phone system that might not be relevant for a start.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • THEPUMA
    Options
    Very good point. I think I can make a similar point under frustration of contract but it needs rewording.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure