Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• Georgiegirl2012
    Options
    betterlife wrote: »
    Artydoll, i have blogged your cards, thankyou there gorgious :)
    2 new FREEBIES on homepage/blog and weekend special xx well best get on with this cake!xx

Lovely cards - I am going to wash up (honest) and then spend some time constructing some cards using free digis including yours. Just one request, if you can, I have the lego man, and the invisible frame (if you know what I mean) is far larger than the image itself. That means I can't print 2 to a page without making the image too small for my purpose, or indeed, make it much larger without the frame falling off the side of the page.

Does that make sense? And is there anything you can do to rectify it? Or maybe I did something wrong when I downloaded it.

But still a lovely image
  • Laura_D_3
    Laura_D_3 Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    I'll never be able to catch up with all the makes :( But as I have started to try and be more creative I will try and follow going forward in the hope I gain some of your fabulous inspiration...

I don't appear to have the apptitude for card making, however have spent the morning making one of my closest friends her birthday card... I'm hoping as a friend she'll look through it's imperfections and just appreciate the thought :eek::eek:

sams+card+017.JPG
  • betterlife
    Options
    Lovely cards - I am going to wash up (honest) and then spend some time constructing some cards using free digis including yours. Just one request, if you can, I have the lego man, and the invisible frame (if you know what I mean) is far larger than the image itself. That means I can't print 2 to a page without making the image too small for my purpose, or indeed, make it much larger without the frame falling off the side of the page.

Does that make sense? And is there anything you can do to rectify it? Or maybe I did something wrong when I downloaded it.

But still a lovely image

i think i now what you mean? you should be able to cut and paste it in the likes of photofilter or something like that, would it help if i send you a file with 2 or more lego men on (on 1 piece of a4 paper)
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options

But still a lovely image

Hiya - can you not copy and paste them into Word and resize there and then print?? That's what I normally do. If need be rotate the frame so it's on it's side if it is still too big for the page.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all

Had a last minute trip to the bingo last night and guess what I won one of the big ones! We won £1,000, so split between us I came away with £500! It will hopefully pay for our roof repair which needs doing (not really major, but will cost a few hundred). At least it means there will be some left over to buy stash. So I was thinking of buying a craft robo with it. I have never won that much on the bingo before, it was a real thrill. Who said bingo is for old people!

Laura - I think your card is great. I'm sure your friend will appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it!

Got lots of cards to make and I dont seem to be getting very far with them. My neices birthday is soon (valentines day!), so must get a card sorted for her too. So I think thats my next job. Hugs to all. xx
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • Georgiegirl2012
    Options
    betterlife wrote: »
    i think i now what you mean? you should be able to cut and paste it in the likes of photofilter or something like that, would it help if i send you a file with 2 or more lego men on (on 1 piece of a4 paper)
    Hiya - can you not copy and paste them into Word and resize there and then print?? That's what I normally do. If need be rotate the frame so it's on it's side if it is still too big for the page.

Thank you both - I had already tried the word option, which is what baffled me. Most digi images, including the others from the very talented Ms B Life, have a tiny little frame round the image so that you can you can make the image itself up to about a4 size (should you want a monster card), however this one, and probably others out there which I've not yet come across, is slap bang in the middle of an A4 size frame. It's not a criticism, just an observation and it may be that I'm not the only techie-challenged crafter out there. It does result in a realistically sized legoman, but I was after a very unrealistic sized legoman.

By following the first suggestion I tried to insert the jpg image into a graphics programme (in this case my craft studio, but imagine a similar thing could be done with photoshop). The image and frame remain in the same proportion but presumeably due to some sort of fancy programming, you can take the edge of the frame, off the outside of the paper and it won't attempt to print it.

I'm not entirely sure I've explained that in a way that will make much sense but I've now managed to get an A5 size legoman that has printed on half half a side of A4 paper. And being extremely thrifty I've got a dog and a girl with chickens on the other half of the paper.

I'll just go and wash up (honest) before doing something with them.
  • pointofnoreturn
    pointofnoreturn Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2011 at 4:09PM
    Options
    Addams wrote: »
    Hi all

Had a last minute trip to the bingo last night and guess what I won one of the big ones! We won £1,000, so split between us I came away with £500! It will hopefully pay for our roof repair which needs doing (not really major, but will cost a few hundred). At least it means there will be some left over to buy stash. So I was thinking of buying a craft robo with it. I have never won that much on the bingo before, it was a real thrill. Who said bingo is for old people!

Laura - I think your card is great. I'm sure your friend will appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it!

Got lots of cards to make and I dont seem to be getting very far with them. My neices birthday is soon (valentines day!), so must get a card sorted for her too. So I think thats my next job. Hugs to all. xx

Congrats on your lovely win - that's a nice amount to come home with after a night out!!!! Shame you can't spend it on something more fun than the roof!!!

Laura D - your card looks fab, love the different textures on it.
  • dallam20
    dallam20 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm an addicted card maker and have just found this thread. I have decided to ressurect my BLOG after a year and posted a card I made last week. Bought the yummy paper from The Glitter Pot. Full details on my BLOG

feb%2B11%2Bcards%2B002.jpg

Dawn x
  • pointofnoreturn
    pointofnoreturn Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2011 at 4:12PM
    Options
    dallam20 - Welcome to the thread!!! That is a lovely card, the colours are fab in it.

You've got a new follower ;)
  • betterlife
    betterlife Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2011 at 4:15PM
    Options
    hi dawn and welcome to this thread love the card x, check my homepage out for free digi stamps xx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport