mutualpoints

Options
hi can someone help me here ive just found this website called mutualpoints does anyone else use it if so what are they like
RECLAIM YOUR BANK CHARGES I DID LOL £6K BETTER OFF, £293.00 EQUITA BAILIFFS WON, £600 APPROX WELCOME FINANCE PPI WON,CAPITAL ONE £944.00 WON
Also helped reclaim over £30,000 for family members my claim to fame meeting our own Mr MSE and appearing on his programme :rotfl:

Comments

• Edna_Bucket_2
    Options
    http://mutualpoints.com/

One of several "cashback" sites like Quidco, Greasy Palm, RPoints and the rest - others will be better placed to comment on how their rewards compare to the others, in percentage terms.

They used to be a mutual business, where the rewards were shares in the business which you could either sell when converted, or keep. The threads I've seen from those time (a year or more back) seemed to suggest they had a bit of a patchy record of getting the conversions done.

Recently all that stopped, so they are just cashback now - no shares (unless you buy them - they are AIM listed.)

I've never bought from them, but am signed up and get their emails through with offers to a separate address so they don't clutter up the inbox - some give points for signing up, and then some are 5 points just for a clickthrough.

You have to get to 3000 points to redeem and get a cheque - that's worth £20.

There are other things you can do to get points onsite - like a search (max 5 points a day.) I do it this way because it is easy and takes no time.
  • kirstielou
    Options
    Mutual points is very esy to use. Do 5 searches on the site a day for 1 point each, 5 searches with Pricerunner for 8 points each & 1 search on Kelkoo for 8 points.

Sign up for newsletters & emails too as these give 5 points when you click through.

It takes a while to mount up but you can earn 3000 points every 6 weeks which is £20. Cheques arrive in about 5 working days.

Great Site
    Working Full Time but just about make ends meet.
    Proud twin Mummy (:female:/:male: born 2010)
    Proud Autism/ADHD Mummy
  • Leanne200
    Leanne200 Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought it was 15000 points for a payout :confused:
  • Edna_Bucket_2
    Options
    Leanne200 wrote:
    I thought it was 15000 points for a payout :confused:

from the site:

Get a cheque from MutualPoints.com

Once you've earned 3,000 or more points you can redeem them for cash by following these two easy steps:

Check your address is correct (minimum name and 3 lines plus postcode).
    Click the button below marked "Redeem Points".
    Please note:

3,000 Points are worth £20.00.
    Every additional 750 points are worth £5.00.
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Def 3000 points.

I don't do searches very often - normally just the clickthroughs on emails and have got to about 1100 in 6 months (since my last cheque) you can set your options to get 3 emails a day from them and normally at least 1 wil be a 5 point clickthrou - quickly mount up - never used for cash back though prefer it when I know exactly how much I'm getting rather than trying to work out how much each point is worth.

Good site though
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • angieb1606
    Options
    ok just to rack your brains a bit more lol why is it when i do a search i get different reward values ie barclays home insurance in the list of shops says 8,436 but why i put in the search box home insurance i get 33,743 ????
    RECLAIM YOUR BANK CHARGES I DID LOL £6K BETTER OFF, £293.00 EQUITA BAILIFFS WON, £600 APPROX WELCOME FINANCE PPI WON,CAPITAL ONE £944.00 WON
    Also helped reclaim over £30,000 for family members my claim to fame meeting our own Mr MSE and appearing on his programme :rotfl:
  • shazspice
    shazspice Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im with these I think there great. joined last June and have earned £50 already :)
    How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard - Winnie the Pooh
  • angieb1606
    Options
    hi does anyone know about the 2 diff reward values ???
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    angieb1606 wrote:

Ive noticed this recently, the amount that comes up from the 'search' facility is the wrong one, if you go to the dailys via the quick reward section, thats where the correct amount comes up!!!

I like mutual points, the points come through really quickly, and it doesnt take long to earn a £20 payout!!! Subscribe to all the emails as well, you can often get 5 points just by clicking an email.
  • Edna_Bucket_2
    Options
    angieb1606 wrote:

Any chance of some "pleases" and "thank you's" to go along with all the questions you are posing? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure