Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here!

Options

Comments

• mummytwinton
    Options
    Hi my hubby is in the TA & we have heard the armed forces get free entry into lots of places in the USA
    we are off to disneyland & was told we wouldn't have to pay to get into any of the attractions, can anyone tell me if this is ture?
    also is it just my hubby that will get in free or all of us, there will be 7 of us all together.

thanks
  • MandT_3
    Options
    Are you going to Disneyworld (Florida) or Disneyland (California)?

If you are going to Florida you do get free entry to one park for one day only and only in the the parks provided by the Anheuser Busch group. Seaworld and Busch gardens.

Check out the link below, just select any state. You do not need to register before going to the park. Each park has its own military check-in, show your military ID card, fill in a form and if i remember correctly, entitlement is for military person and partner and upto 3 dependant children. I have used it a couple of times to gain free entry. Works a treat.

http://www.herosalute.com/

I have been to Florida many times and do not know of any other parks that give free entry or even a discount.
  • cammysmum
    cammysmum Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Disneyworld is not free to armed forces, but you may be able to get a discount of around 10% - buy your tickets at the Shades of Green resort which is on Disney gounds. TBH though I'm not sure if British Forces are entitled to the same discount as American Forces. Either way, it's DEFINITELY NOT FREE!!

(I know this as we went in June - hubby is serving with the AmericanAir Force just now)

We did get into SeaWorld and Busch Gardens for free though, which was nice

I would do a bit of googling before you go to work out your discounts. The Americans tend to treat their forces much better than the Brits do.

I used www.mousesavers.com which I seem to recall had good info.
  • Guido_2
    Guido_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

In my experience most places/shops/restaurants in the USA do discounts for Forces - I have never been refused a discount because I am UK rather than US either.

Don't ever be embarassed to ask if a place does discount - Americans value their military in a way we do not in the UK. If they don't do discount they are very polite in telling you and most of the time they'll do something because they are the ones who are embarassed.

I now ask for discount within the UK too! Whilst the response is normally "what?!" & "no!" accommpanied by a vacant expression, it does sometimes work - even if it's because the peson serving you doesn't understand "military discount" or even "military" for that matter.

Hope this helps?
  • dariowiser
    Options
    Hi my hubby is in the TA & we have heard the armed forces get free entry into lots of places in the USA
    we are off to disneyland & was told we wouldn't have to pay to get into any of the attractions, can anyone tell me if this is ture?
    also is it just my hubby that will get in free or all of us, there will be 7 of us all together.

thanks

Hi mummytwinton
    Free entry to UK forces applied last year not sure if this still stands - it is only to Seaworld, Busch Gardens & Aquaitca (Discovery Cove I don't think is included). I have read before about Disney offering discounts but I don't think it is possible to get free entry.
    Seaworld really do honour their military guests. We were at the Shamu stadium and it really brings a tear to your eye the way they applaud them and rightly so.
  • Strawberry_tart
    Options
    Seaworld is definitely still free, we were there on 20th August. Shades of green does offere ticket deals to UK forces but tbh they are not able to manage the discounts you can get from the internet over here for Universal Studios.
  • Strawberry_tart
    Options
    forgot to say, the free netry is for the ID card holder plus 3 guests
  • emay
    emay Posts: 506 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Never been to Florida but my sister and her hubby got into quite a few places free or discounted when we were in New York (and other countries too), just ask if they give a forces discount, because you're not US forces it may just be a discount rather than free entry...but it all helps
  • kez_s
    kez_s Posts: 802 Forumite
    Options
    We are hoping to stay near Silverstone this weekend and have been looking for a family room in one of the chains, eg., Holiday Inn, etc., does anyone know what chains offer forces discounts??

Anyway help appreciated, thank you!
    ~ What's for you, won't go past you! ~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family