The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 12

Options

Comments

• 41_and_i_know_it
    Options
    Oh, forgot to say. My benefits went in so I paid off my Very account and Halifax credit card and paid Febs payment on Tesco credit card. Feeling so good know I will use my credit card to live on but hate paying interest so I am so happy about that. Trying not to shop online so much and this seems to go hand in hand with either drinking or trying not to think about drinking.

Tesco Credit Card £250 £25 DD 0% for next 10 months.

Barclaycard Initial £241.45 0% for next 7 mths.
    Your parents choose your beginning....
    .... you get to choose the ending.
  • 41_and_i_know_it
    Options
    *Mari* wrote: »
    Well today has not been good, I have not got onto the training at work that I really wanted so feeling very down :(

Not sure what tonight will bring, me and oh may go out and I may have a drink. If I do I won't hit my target, but at the moment I don't really care :(

Hopefully I'll feel better later
    So sorry to hear about today's missed opportunity, but sometimes the day you were supposed to go, the people there don't really want to be there, or the teacher is having a bad day etc. Just think that when you do eventually get on the training you will appreciate it more because you have waited that much longer, have more time to prepare and think about what you want to get out of it. I used to go to stress pac advised by my GP, I know its not the same as the training you want to do. But some sessions I used to come out of feeling great and positive and others I felt worse than when I went in. I'm sorry that you feel let down as you really wanted to get on it, and it must feel unfair and I must sound really patronising. I'm not telling you how to feel, but if you want to drink, then you will based on how you feel and why you feel like it. If you do drink, then start again tomorrow, if you don't I will be so pleased for you as you have learnt to cope without it, and I will be envious as I gave in last night.

Tesco Credit Card £250 £25 DD 0% for next 10 months.

Barclaycard Initial £241.45 0% for next 7 mths.
    Your parents choose your beginning....
    .... you get to choose the ending.
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, nice new thread!

Hugs to you Jak and Mari, keep going and bring your troubles to us.

I too am thinking about next month and it's not my friends I need to be wary of enticing me to drink but me! I'm enjoying thele el I'mdrinking at (af sun - thurs, very moderate or AF at the weekend) but I also know that I have a tendency to slide back down the slippy slope. So I will need to be vigilant.

I've been pitting my non-drink money in my sealed pot so there's a definate financial incentive too.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    25 af for me and 27 in total. I've managed to eat lots and stay away from the shop. I've got my AA ladies lunch tomorrow so that should be good fun. Also I am taking my son and i'm looking forward to going out for lunch with him. He will love it, a little treat.
    I've managed to not drink but it is so hard when things go wrong. I had a dreadful nights sleep last night because I had nightmares about an ex-boyfriend. I feel like im going through the break-up again to some extent as I blocked it out before and it's making me feel crap. I suppose I just have to feel it and move on, but it doesn't help that I'm friends with his sister and she keeps going on about how happy he is with his new girlfriend and how lovely she is... I suppose she thinks im over it now as it was 2 years ago and really, I should be, but for god sake... no-one wants to hear that do they? Especially as he smashed up my house and scared me half to bloody death in the process...alcohol. He's not drunk since, so at least he got something out of it. God, next thing you know they'll be getting married. Then I really will lose it!
    I don't know. An appology would have been nice at some point. As it was, they last time I saw him was as he was being shoved into the back of a police car, so I guess i've had a lucky escape. Only, now, I keep thinking, how much of that was the booze? Was he really like that or not? I suppose i'll never know now.
    Sorry to waffle on, I just feel so alone today and I haven't really got anyone to talk to who I can realate to about this. Thanks for listening...if you're still awake! X
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :hello:

1 more AFD.

194569646372628882_sbIncgx0_b.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    jak wrote: »
    Sorry to waffle on, I just feel so alone today and I haven't really got anyone to talk to who I can realate to about this. Thanks for listening...if you're still awake! X

We're here to listen and 699022-11-1281404104409.jpg . Hope you feel better this morning....
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    January :-

dance2.gif= 7 Days AF

yay.gif= 14 days AF

yay.gif = 21 days AF

angel-smiley-004.gif = 28 days AF

smiley-score010.gifyay-smiley-1.gif= 31 days AF

woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif = target achieved

Barny1979 24/31
    dance2.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Cazzyd 1/30

Chloris 13/23
    dance2.gif

Chocolate Cupcake
    23/31
    dance2.gifyay.gif yay.gif

CuppaTea 16
    /18
    dance2.gifyay.gif

December Baby 10/20 dance2.gif

Flat Eric /31

Gien 17/20
    dance2.gifyay.gif

Jak 25/31 dance2.gifyay.gif yay.gif

Kiittiej 24/30 dance2.gifyay.gif yay.gif

Lamarsi /31

Lilith 25/TF dance2.gifyay.gif yay.gif
    Mackeroo 13/12 dance2.gifwoohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Maman 18/10 dance2.gifwoohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gifyay.gif

Mari 19/25 dance2.gifyay.gif

Mookie Pook 7/29 dance2.gif

Muchin /31

Mummy2threeboys 10/31 dance2.gif

Pinkbrick /25

Rachel 24/31 dance2.gifyay.gif yay.gif

priceySOS
    16/25
    dance2.gifyay.gif
    Satchmo 24/22 dance2.gifyay.gif yay.gifwoohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Shaggy 20/17 dance2.gifyay.gif woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

StupotStu 10/TF dance2.gif

Top Girl 23/31

Tracy
    21/31

Unself 12/15 dance2.gif

Warbonnet 25/31 dance2.gifyay.gif yay.gif

WBF 9/10 dance2.gif

41 and I know it 21/TF dance2.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Everyone Welcome!

Please highlight your AFDs in Red

Don't hesitate to let me know if I've got your AFDs wrong!!!!!
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Hi everyone. Last night could have been much much worse. If I wasn't involved in this forum then I would've got bladdered, instead I drank the 175mls of 8.5% white wine, which I actually enjoyed (I was shocked too!) and then read the labels on all the different booze in the fridge before making an informed decision to drink the lowest units per can which happened to be John Smith's, don't laugh. So the wine and 3 cans at 1.7 units a can, went to bed stinking of beer but not drunk. Got up feeling okay and that's because of the taste of the beer which I wasn't too keen on and the sheer volume of 3 cans at 3.8%. Anyway not condoning my behaviour or saying you should try it. But it was nice to know exactly what I was swallowing and the effect it had, which I was in control of.
    So, by end of today I will be 21/31 and 3 SNC so I'm taking it day by day, not hating myself for giving in because I am so glad that I didn't resort to the good old I've started so I'll finish mentality where I get bladdered. Would like to hear your thoughts on this, does it mean I am learning how to know when I've had enough, or am I just making excuses so I don't have to give up.

I suppose it depends. What is it you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to drink within recommended healthy unit limits or are you trying to quit?
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    February 2013

SET YOUR Target_logo.jpg

Everyone Welcome!!!
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 January 2013 at 9:13AM
    Options
    My friends outside of work, and my work colleagues, know that I am TT for life now and so dont put any pressure on me to drink alcohol when we go out.

In fact I love being AF as it means I wont be doing anything stupid on a night out unless I choose to !.

Today is 469 days (or 67 weeks) since I last drank alcohol.

Keep up the good work people and have a great weekend !.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure