The cutting out/cutting down alcohol thread (part 7)

Options

Comments

• jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well what do you know, not 30 seconds walk from my house round the corner is a lock up where there was a man that looked suspiciously like a mechanic fixing a car. Turns out he's worked from his garage for the past 20 years, I've lived here 18 and never knew! Told me to try and start it and drive it the 40 yards round the corner and he will take a quick look free of charge :D
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • budget_babe
    budget_babe Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I haven't meant to post as just got in from work and there is a lounger in the sun with Budgies name on it. However I could not pass by on the post by Sim.

Sim, your post sound so desolate and lonely and to be honest I really am at a loss on how to help? But please do as Marru says, she has given good advice to you, Bis too. You know you need/must stop drinking, the life you have now is not what you want or indeed what your Dear Mum and Nan would want for you either. You are able to turn things around others on here have and they have been sucessfull. Graeme advocates taking one day at a time, he also says that you need to reach your lowest point. I think after reading your post that you have reached yours. I hope and pray that you can beat this addiction, please do get the help that you need and keep posting on here, so at least you will not feel totally alone. Big hugs mate and tell yourself that you deserve better than this and you will get better in time. I really hope you will be ok? I have read the sadness in your post, it is really upsetting to think that you feel so alone. Thinking of you :A (()) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marru thankyou for posting an update on Mp and Miss P :A its not like our Molls to be gone so long. Thankyou again and take care. (()) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jo, hunny hope the car is ok and not expensive to fix, its not much of a duvet day so far ;) Hope you are ok???? Hugs (()) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Lurky thanks for a shiney new thread mate :A Big hugs (()) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok guys will catch up later, take care all of you :A
    God Bless Budgie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Cherish the ones you love and travel back on the road that brings you home :)
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Ralph Waldo Emerson :A
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like one of me coils has gone (could explain a lot huh!)
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Looks like one of me coils has gone (could explain a lot huh!)

sounds painful :undecided

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Options
    Marru wrote: »
    Sim: Step 1: contact this guy who bought your jacket and keep him informed. He is less likely to get angry if he knows that the jacket will eventually reach him. Step 2: make an appointment with you GP ASAP!!!! It sounds to me that on top of having problem with alcohol you also have depression and this needs to be treated. You can't just will it better. I know - I have been there and still am in some days. Step 3: Pack the jacket so it is ready to go when you have money for postage.

:T :T :T :T :T :T

Well said, Marru

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    SimIsOnTheUp Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Options
    Bismarck wrote: »
    Couldn't bear to not reply.

I think you know you have t ostop.

Just try a day at a time. Nothing else. Be the person you wer when you started the relationships that made you happy.

It's not over til it's over.

Keep on fighting - the fact you've come on here shows that you want to change.

Do it. For yourself. I used to think booze made it all better. IT made a whole lot of things a lot worse and clouded the way out of the mess I'd made.

I'm still fixing things. You can too.

Take care.

Bis

Thank You Bis.

That 'person I was' is still there - here - a shyer, but (so I've been told) far nicer bloke to be around, when sober.

I do want to turn things around.

Am just feeling overwhelmed today.

As you say, one day at a time.

Thanks again.

Sim x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    Marru wrote: »
    Sim: Step 1: contact this guy who bought your jacket and keep him informed. He is less likely to get angry if he knows that the jacket will eventually reach him. Step 2: make an appointment with you GP ASAP!!!! It sounds to me that on top of having problem with alcohol you also have depression and this needs to be treated. You can't just will it better. I know - I have been there and still am in some days. Step 3: Pack the jacket so it is ready to go when you have money for postage.

Thanks Marru.

Good plan.

1/ I've already emailed the guy - messaged him through Ebay last Thursday, saying sorry for the delay, and that I'd get it posted off to him the next day, last Friday. This is such a nightmare, as it's obviously a binding contract through Ebay (as well as being the right thing to do), and the £140 (withheld in PayPal by them until safe delivery) I was going to spend on a mountain bike - I thought a bike would get me out of my flat, into the sunshine, and get me fit.

So, I really want to try and sort this if it's not too late.

The thing is, I can't afford even the £25.50, let alone the £40 until in 2 weeks time - a week next Friday, and I'm worried that if I tell him this, he'll pull out, and the deal will go t*ts up :(

2/ As for the GP - I've made an appointment with him a while back. I'm seeing my Doc this coming Tuesday, and it's a double appt.
    I probably need to go back on anti - depressants, but the last time I brought up the subject with the Doc, his response was that of "You need to remove the drink first. Then we can discuss anti - depressants, when you're on more of an even keel...

So, I doubt he'll prescribe them.

The guy's a good bloke, and knows his onions..BUT I don't think that essentially he helps..He says things like "You're at a crossroads..You can't do this on your own. I've never known anyone, who's done this on their own..Go back to AA"

(Now I've typed his thoughts, I can see that he does talk sense.

He's even 'threatened' to stop writing me sick notes (for ESA) unless I do things to help myself - which is fair enough, as he's obviously refusing to 'enable' me. I get that.

However, I do think I need some chemical re - balancing of some sort, to help me get through this, as I've hardly ever even been going out of my flat, unless it was to the pub.

3/ Marru - I've already packaged up the jacket, and labelled it too. I did this, last Wednesday in fact. It's just that I can't now afford to pay for the postage. Yet another thing my drinking has b*llsed up.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Sim x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    Hugs to you Sim, I'm not in a good place either, so unable to advise xxx

Jo - Thanks for the hugs!

Sorry to hear you're in a difficult place too.

Big Bear Hugs back atcha :)

Sim x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I haven't meant to post as just got in from work and there is a lounger in the sun with Budgies name on it. However I could not pass by on the post by Sim.

Sim, your post sound so desolate and lonely and to be honest I really am at a loss on how to help? But please do as Marru says, she has given good advice to you, Bis too. You know you need/must stop drinking, the life you have now is not what you want or indeed what your Dear Mum and Nan would want for you either. You are able to turn things around others on here have and they have been sucessfull. Graeme advocates taking one day at a time, he also says that you need to reach your lowest point. I think after reading your post that you have reached yours. I hope and pray that you can beat this addiction, please do get the help that you need and keep posting on here, so at least you will not feel totally alone. Big hugs mate and tell yourself that you deserve better than this and you will get better in time. I really hope you will be ok? I have read the sadness in your post, it is really upsetting to think that you feel so alone. Thinking of you :A (()) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hugs (()) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok guys will catch up later, take care all of you :A
    God Bless Budgie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank You Budgie :)

I've now decided to stop crying, and to do something about all this cr*p.

You're right - this isn't the life I want. My Mum and Nan would probably give me a clip around the ear..

Thanks.

Sim x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    Well what do you know, not 30 seconds walk from my house round the corner is a lock up where there was a man that looked suspiciously like a mechanic fixing a car. Turns out he's worked from his garage for the past 20 years, I've lived here 18 and never knew! Told me to try and start it and drive it the 40 yards round the corner and he will take a quick look free of charge :D

Hiya Jo.

Great news about the mechanic.

How did you get on?

Sim x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business