PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Usual breakfast and elevenses here. Lunch today was fried off left over roast potatoes with mushrooms - LW Al.. SS, baked beans, 1/2 slice HM bread toasted and 1/4 tin baked beans. They were Al.. baked beans pepped up with hot pepper sauce and garlic granules.
    I used the tiniest amount of oil possible in the pan.

Tuesdayslunch-1.jpg?t=1359469830

Mushrooms left in the 49p pack are earmarked for a stirfry.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 42/36
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £20.09/£100 NSD - 86
    2024 Craft Makes - 217 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • missmoneysave
    Options
    First spend of the month £2 on a tub of Lurpak- wanted to wait until the big shop on Sunday but I had the last scraping on a crumpet this morning so needed to get some- bonus is that nothing else found its way to the till :T
    Comper, Blogger & OS-er
    Competition prizes: £6/£2015
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another NSD for us. YS sausages made into Toad in the hole with S6 veg. roasties and gravy for dinner.
    Really hoping for a £5 off £35 Ald* voucher in this Thursday's Mirror so that we can have a good stock up.

Hope you've all had a good day.

PPxx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Another NSD for us today (apart from meds. which are not part of my GC)
    Not too sure what is for dinner tonight as I have been incapacitated all day and forbidden to move, Therefore dinner will be decided by DH who has a pack of Lamb Mince to deal with. I will probably instruct him from my position on how to create a Shepherd's Pie, and I think he can manage that. Not sure about Pud either, might just be fresh fruit.
    No groceries to get at the moment so hopefully another NSD tomorrow too.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • lottie3000
    lottie3000 Posts: 449 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2013 at 5:36PM
    Options
    Hello everyone, right i'm being quite technical with my budget this month as I'm going away at the end of Feb. Sooo, working on what I have spent in January and the amount of days that i'm here in Feb. I'm going to bite the bullet and go for £220 which i'm planning on getting suncream with too. Not sure if i'm trying to run before I can walk here but on my calculations I should manage this, wish me luck guys :)
  • JellyBox
    JellyBox Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    lottie3000 wrote: »
    i'm planning on getting suncream with too.

To help you out with that - only buy own brand. Not only is it cheapest, in terms of protection it's normally the best too. The vast majority of own brand products have their 5 star UVA rating, but many (far too many) branded products get away with the EU minimum of 3 stars and give about half the protection against the long term damage. If you're not bothered by greasiness, go as cheap as you can, higher cost often just means nicer texture and smell, rarely does it actually relate to any protection benefit.
  • sheeppappar
    Options
    Hello hello please may I join?
    I kept track of all my spends in Jan to see what would be a sensible target and followed along on this board looking at your tips, and the Don't Throw Food Away board... so.. I am going to go for £250 in Feb.. includes takeaways/eating out.. there are just 2 of us and once or twice a month we have my partner's 2 kids for the weekend.. good luck everyone ! :) xx
    CC1 £7,944.10
    CC2 £2,680.03
    CC3 £1,020.88
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm in again :)

My budget for February is £192.00

That's made up of 28 days for me (at £5/day), 8 days for DS (at £3/day for main meal and brews only), 8x 2litre/4pint containers of milk for DS, and 4 days of feeding OH (at £4/day).

It's looking like I'll also have more than £40 carried over from January, but I plan to hold on to that until May when I'll need extra for stocking up at a food festival.

I'm hoping to carry some more over at the end of February, as I'll also need extra in April when my OH and I are taking my 3 GDs away for 5 days (self catering, but it's still extra mouths to feed - and the day we go is GD2's birthday, so she's been promised she can decide what we have for tea that night. At least it won't be fast food, as we're not staying anywhere near one of those outlets ;))
    Cheryl
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Been and got the bits I listed yesterday today - bf remembered we need a birthday card for his middle brother so I was going to pick up two from the market (2 for £1) but half the stalls were missing so couldn't!

Been and bought dog food on offer, 2 x 2kg bag for £11, and we decided to take it from this week's money.

So that's an £18 spend today and £12 left for the week - definitely do-able :)

Literally just had a phone call offering me a job I interviewed for yesterday! So much stress off our shoulders :) Financial stability wahoo!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    My grocery budget for Feb is £150 for two adults and numerous visiting grandshildren and a wild cat. Iv dropped it by £50 as were are having a week away and that is to be paid for seperately. Hoping to have at least 10 NSDs in Feb as well. Thanks to board organisers who work hard to keep everything up to date. Good luck everyone.
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts