Budget energy

Options

Comments

• hazelc56
    Options
    rolo1 wrote: »
    Completed my Keypad switch over to Budget Energy today :)
    Painless experience, no problems at all.

New tariff is 12.774 pence per unit. Why pay more?
    Rolo well done on your switch..I am encouraging my sister to switch too and a couple of friends.The more the merrier i think.
  • rolo1_2
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Rolo well done on your switch..I am encouraging my sister to switch too and a couple of friends.The more the merrier i think.

Hazelc56 - have you topped up online with Budget yet? - if so, did it all go ok?
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Hazelc56 - have you topped up online with Budget yet? - if so, did it all go ok?
    rolo i havent topped up yet but intend to do so in the next couple of days...will let you know how it goes although im sure it will be no different than topping up with nie.I,m still deciding whether to top up online(as i usually do)or just buy it from the shop as this will be the first time.Knowing me i will try every way to see how it all works ie phone,online and shop.......eventually.
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    19 days since i switched online well past the cooling period and they've yet to get back to me, very slack. Its up to them to phone me
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    19 days since i switched online well past the cooling period and they've yet to get back to me, very slack. Its up to them to phone me

Abouluteutopia - It took us about 25 days from switching online to actually completing today. I did phone Budget after about 15 days and they then told me the day NIE would call to complete, and to be fair they did call when they said they would.

I know you should not have to chase them, but it may be an idea just to check with them when the switchover day will actually be. :) - But they will be in touch soon anyway I expect, the 10 day cooling off period is only the start of the switching process. Hope that helps
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Absolutopia try giving budget a ring as you might have missed the call from nie.It shouldnt be taking it this long.
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Absolutopia try giving budget a ring as you might have missed the call from nie.It shouldnt be taking it this long.
    No missed calls they're all logged on the phone
  • hazelc56
    Options
    No missed calls they're all logged on the phone
    I would still ring them regardless,just to see what is going on.Perhaps it takes longer when you apply online.I did it by phone and received the welcome pack the next day.I then received a phone call from budget 10 days later to arrange a phone call from NIE to complete the switchover.I arranged for them to ring me between 3 and 5pm and they(NIE)rang me at 4pm.
    Budget Energy number: 0800 012 11 77
    The office number is: 02838 368 500 if you prefer to ring this.
    Hope you get sorted soon.
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Just a reminder folks that Power NI (NIE) Keypad unit price is going up a massive 18.6% tomorrow from 14.649 pence per unit to approx 17.37 ppu

Budget is still 12.774 a diff of 4.5 pence per unit. Think about it folks!

If you are on keypad I strongly advise switching ASAP. Same keypad, same electric, same payment methods, - Just paying a lot less for the same old electricity. :)
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Just a reminder folks that Power NI (NIE) Keypad unit price is going up a massive 18.6% tomorrow from 14.649 pence per unit to approx 17.37 ppu

Budget is still 12.774 a diff of 4.5 pence per unit. Think about it folks!

If you are on keypad I strongly advise switching ASAP. Same keypad, same electric, same payment methods, - Just paying a lot less for the same old electricity. :)
    BUMP Agrees with rolo wholeheartedly.......get going people.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport