No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    First Aid Beauty Cleanser. WNBA. This felt too soapy and was drying on my skin. I bought this is the US so the tube has lasted 2 months, This is 1 Cleanser down from 4 in my stash so don't need to purchase replacement. Will be pulling Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Rise & Cedrat from the stash. I also use Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser in the am and use No7 wipes for a fist Cleanse at night. I count these separately.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dawn1980
    dawn1980 Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This week I seem to have finished quite a bit.
    UU Soap and Glory Daily soothe bath float. WBA smells really nice and feels very luxurious. Bit gloopy and fussy to mix, doesn't really give a lasting foam.
    UU Soap and glory Clean on me WBA but I have a few in the stash.
    Gillete satin care violet with Olay. WDBA
    Right Guard total 5 defence (the blue one.) Didn't like this. Didn't seem to be very effective. Surprised me.
    Soap and glory Scrub of your life

TA: two tubes of Soap and glory heavenly hands. I never used these. They sat in my stash a year and when I went to use it it was seperated. When I mixed it back up it was so so and the smell had gone really bad. I have had other products last much longer so I WNBA.

PP
    Yves Rocher Arnica and Aveeno hand creams
    Righteous butter (for body)
    Heel Genius for feet
    Mini No7 eye cream
    Mini No 7 protect and perfect
    Garnier Ultralift Day and Night
    Shampoo and 3m conditioner Aussie Winter.
    Flake away body scrub
    Clean on me face wash
    scrub your nose in it exfoliator
    Body shop blue corn face mask
    Nivea deoderant
    Clean on me shower gel
    Calm one calm all bubble bath

I am so fed up of soap and glory. Need to use it all up before it all turns. In future I will buy it when I want it and won't bother stocking up in sales.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    Second UU of January:

Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength bath oil. WBA. Lovely scent.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dawn1980 wrote: »
    This week I seem to have finished quite a bit.
    UU Soap and Glory Daily soothe bath float. WBA smells really nice and feels very luxurious. Bit gloopy and fussy to mix, doesn't really give a lasting foam.
    UU Soap and glory Clean on me WBA but I have a few in the stash.
    Gillete satin care violet with Olay. WDBA
    Right Guard total 5 defence (the blue one.) Didn't like this. Didn't seem to be very effective. Surprised me.
    Soap and glory Scrub of your life

TA: two tubes of Soap and glory heavenly hands. I never used these. They sat in my stash a year and when I went to use it it was seperated. When I mixed it back up it was so so and the smell had gone really bad. I have had other products last much longer so I WNBA.

PP
    Yves Rocher Arnica and Aveeno hand creams
    Righteous butter (for body)
    Heel Genius for feet
    Mini No7 eye cream
    Mini No 7 protect and perfect
    Garnier Ultralift Day and Night
    Shampoo and 3m conditioner Aussie Winter.
    Flake away body scrub
    Clean on me face wash
    scrub your nose in it exfoliator
    Body shop blue corn face mask
    Nivea deoderant
    Clean on me shower gel
    Calm one calm all bubble bath

I am so fed up of soap and glory. Need to use it all up before it all turns. In future I will buy it when I want it and won't bother stocking up in sales.

I feel the same about S&G and wonder whether a lot of people do considering the amounts left in Boots at the A Trafford Centre the day before NYE. I have two large bottles of shower gel that I need to open next as these are the oldest in my stash. I do like their facial cleanser though.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sunny_money
    Options
    IN
    Batiste dry shampoo 400ml

Also Simple make up remover 400ml x2 (buy one get one free at Superdrug) but I’m not counting these anymore as they are exclusively used by my wife now.

I don’t count handwash as I don’t have a problem with it but thought I’d share my bargain buy. Sainsbury's has Baylis & Harding Christmas edition hand wash 500ml for £1 (normally £1.50-£2) that’s 20p/100ml and the only thing cheaper there was Sainsburys Basics, such good value. Bought the only 3 left.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Tried the goodies I won in a raffle earlier this week. The company is 'Creative Colours', a generic trading name for nondescript stuff, The passion flower shower gel smells fruity rather than floral, and it's not too bad. The body lotion took ages to rub in, felt sticky and had no scent, so will do for feet.
    The very sturdy hatbox style gift box meanwhile will hold Christmas tree decorations. Confession: that was why the toiletries didn't go back in the raffle, I wanted the box, for just this purpose.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • dawn1980
    dawn1980 Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I feel the same about S&G and wonder whether a lot of people do considering the amounts left in Boots at the A Trafford Centre the day before NYE. I have two large bottles of shower gel that I need to open next as these are the oldest in my stash. I do like their facial cleanser though.

Yes. I really like the face soap and clarity and I'm pleased that it lasts so long. Although may not want to use the other bottle when I'm finished. I seem to like change. :)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU today:

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Mains Hand Cream 50ml WDBA and have done. This is the best hand cream I've ever used :)

And one TA:

GUM Easy Floss 30m WNBA. I wanted to like this but it's so slippery I can barely get a grip on it :/

One IN:

Oral B Satin Tape 25m

I broke my No Buy, this should be the only thing I buy this month.
  • sbirks23
    sbirks23 Posts: 698 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking at what I won't realistically use before expiry and have several premium brand skincare items I think would sell. Where's the best place to sell from your experience.. is it eBay or are there more specific skincare sites? Thank you.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! If helpful please thank me Won 5* holiday,£100,gym,BAFTA vip,£75,tan,soundbar,signed cookbook,tix,duplo,facewash,Bodyshop,Lindt,Prevage,Everiche,disney,dvd,supplements,perfume,Topshop makeup + other prizes :)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sbirks23 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking at what I won't realistically use before expiry and have several premium brand skincare items I think would sell. Where's the best place to sell from your experience.. is it eBay or are there more specific skincare sites? Thank you.

eBay would be a good place to start.

I use Reddit to sell unwanted or unsuitable products. But eBay would be a good place to try first :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure