Re. DWP Online Test For AO

Options

Comments

• heathertheblether
    Options
    footy_fan wrote: »
    Hi all, good luck on your interviews. The interviews are likely to be made up of competency based questions, e.g can you give me an example of a time when you......
    Did you have to give competencies on your applications?

No competencies on application - Grrrr! Thank you for your good wishes - will let you know how I get on!!!:eek:
  • rockyrach
    rockyrach Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I know how you feel. I hate interviews!

I will keep my eyes peeled on here tomorrow morning to see how you get on, much appreciated Heather!

I've never really had any hard interviews before.

I had one today for hobby craft but it was quite easy really.
    Debt 2012 - [STRIKE]1600[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]1200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]1180[/STRIKE] 1150:j

All owed to my long suffering mother and father. No interest accruing debt left :j
  • heathertheblether
    Options
    I hate interviews too - never at my best. I tend to forget everything I have prepared mentally and blether a load of c..p. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh? If nothing else, it will be an experience! I only live a 5 minute drive from Claverhouse, so will (hopefully) be back in plenty of time to give you the low-down before your "appointment with death" lol!!! Seriously, though, if you have passed at such a high percentage, you have NO WORRIES :j
  • rockyrach
    Options
    Thanks so much Heather! You have no idea how much I appreciate this!
    Yeah I also blether alot of rubbish, and I get this nervous giggle lol Its awful!

I really don't know how I managed to pass at 90%. I'm sure they have made a mistake! When I started the tests i just thought ach to hell with this, I'm never gonna pass! They were so difficult.

I think alot of people failed as a couple of people at the job shop who have worked there before got 10 and 14%!!

Good luck with yours tomorrow. They are never as bad as you think they are gonna be. (hopefully) lol
    Debt 2012 - [STRIKE]1600[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]1200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]1180[/STRIKE] 1150:j

All owed to my long suffering mother and father. No interest accruing debt left :j
  • rockyrach
    Options
    What wuestions do you think they will ask in regards to the 4 competencies?

I think the Customer Focused service is quite simple but the others are a bit hard.

• heathertheblether
    Options
    They haven't made a mistake about your percentage - have confidence in yourself!! (says she who has about as much confidence in herself as a pot of mince) ha! When I "booked" my appointment on the website three days ago, there were still dozens of choices available, so they aren't all taken (by any stretch of the imagination) - THUS giving the candidates who turn up the edge. Remember, they are needing 70 to start, then the rest to go on (endless) waiting list... ;)
  • rockyrach
    Options
    well since you put it like that! I just have to keep calm..what the worst that can happen.

• tupac662
    tupac662 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    All the best to all with interviews, please keep us updated and try and remember all the questions they ask. I'm rubbish at interviews and need as much help as possible :cool2:

********** 52 Week money saving challenge **********
    £6.00/1378 (Wk 3)

By any means necessary
  • rockyrach
    Options
    I will try and remember what they ask. I am also rubbish lol

• heathertheblether
    Options
    Thats me just back from the interview - having a coffee and a fag to recover! It took about half an hour for them to trawl through the paperwork, then I was taken upstairs to a room, where the interviewers were waiting - one man and one woman. They were very nice and tried their best to put me at ease. They explained fully about the interview and then asked two questions each, based on the four competencies:-
    Describe a time when you helped a colleague in the course of your work;
    Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service;
    Tell us about a situation when you had to introduce change and how you went about implementing it and what the results were;
    During the course of providing customer service, tell us about one customer who needed your help and how you achieved this.

If you haven't given them enough of the information they need, they will prompt you with a more direct question.

It took about half an hour, then downstairs to complete disclosure form.

That was it! I am sure I fouled it up as I got stuck for words a couple of times when my mind went blank!

Good Luck to you - let me know how you get on!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure