Eon - Customer loyalty??

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Susan1942 wrote: »
    Currently I am also with the EOn collective MSE September 2016. I am now looking at the options out there. Eon seems to be more expensive than Scottish Power SSE to name just 2. I am unsure what to do I am not keen on changing but I did last year. I did change to Eon last year having stayed with M&S for several years. The price difference was so great I felt I had no other option than to change. I obviously have a little bit of time. I am shocked that like Broadband companies Eon are offering better tariff to new customers. I would always be unhappy with this on any service. I would be paying quite a bit more per month looking at what is currently available with Eon. I would ask that you add my name to Eon Customers who are concerned by this policy .
    Sue

Morning Sue and thanks for your comments. I've added these to my feedback report.

You might already know but, just in case, thought I'd mention the Price Protection window. As you're on the MSE Collective we were involved with last year I suspect you're in this window now. It kicks in when fixed term contracts like yours near the end. It's open 49 calendar days before the tariff end date until 20 working days after. During this time and provided we're told, we'll make sure you're protected against any price changes that aren't in your favour whilst a change of supplier goes through. Switches usually take about two and half weeks. Exit fees also don't apply whilst this window is open.

Hope this is useful Sue.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Well I've just switched from e-on to British Gas today.

I held on as long as I could in case e-on had a change of heart but I've run out of time now and I've done the deed :(

Sorry to lose you littlemissbossy. I've already fed back one of your earlier posts about our tariffs but I'll add this to it. Helps give a fuller picture.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • poppellerant
    Options
    Three words that I'd probably use for new Eon customers taken in by the new deal: Hook, line and sinker.
    Options
    Mazio wrote: »
    I am an EON customer (uswitch collective) but am switching to SSE as I am excluded from the best EON tarrif.
    This will backfire on EON as also informed a friend of mine who is on the same deal to change now.

Wrote an email to them and got this reply

I’m sorry we don’t have a tariff that suits your needs…..

We’re continually looking to develop tariffs for all of our customers and like many companies; we may offer tariffs exclusively to new customers. At this time the collective tariff that we have available is for new customers only.

At E.ON we always aim to be fair and competitive and do continually review the tariffs that we offer to our existing customers.

By registering your account online, you can opt-in to our price alert service to make sure that you are up to date with the best deals that we have available for you.

If you’d prefer to speak with someone you can call our expert tariff advisors on 0333 202 4928 they’re here Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 4pm.

They’ll be happy to help you find a tariff that really suits you with some great rewards. You can change tariff, within E.ON anytime without paying an exit fee.

Morning Mazio and thanks for your comments. I've added these to my latest report about the E.ON Saver Tariffs as per earlier posts on this and other threads.

The email you received makes a valid point. We're continually looking at the products and services we offer. The feedback I've given over the last couple of weeks will definitely help as we look to develop future products and services.

There is, though, a mistake in the email. It talks about Price Alerts. This is an online service where we let customers who've opted in know about any new versions of their tariff that might become available. As you're on a collective tariff (uSwitch Collective), alerts aren't available. Collectives are standalone products and no new versions will be launched through us.

Sorry about this mistake Mazio. Hope this explains.

Malc
  • Micron
    Micron Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 September 2016 at 10:52AM
    Options
    Thanks Mazio for sharing the E.on email with us, it was good of the customer services to reply to you but be honest none of the email makes much sense, it's mostly management speak.

E.on does have a tariff that suits your needs but you can't have it.

The middle part is just total hogwash, so skip to the end:

If you’d prefer to speak with someone.....They’ll be happy to help you find a tariff that really suits you........
    No they can't find a tariff that really suits you that’s already been established in line one, ‘I’m sorry we don’t have a tariff that suits your needs’ calling an 'expert tariff advisor' will achieve absolutely nothing, the only positive thing an E.on expert tariff advisor could possibly do for you is advise you to leave E.on for another supplier, which would most probably result in them becoming an unemployed expert tariff advisor, but good advice all the same.
    Options
    MrsWenger wrote: »
    I am on the USwitch collective and have been with E.on for many years. Like so many others, I have been really pleased with the assistance provided by Malcolm and Helena when I have had questions but will need to move to another supplier when the current option ends. Circa £200 increase for me on electricity only. I genuinely would have stayed for a small increase as I also like the ease of managing the account and the quality of the website.

Malcolm and Helena, thanks for your help and I wish you both well. I know you are feeding back all comments; please add me to the list and the leadership team might do well to reflect upon the common business mantra that it costs far more to get new customers than to retain the ones you already have. I encouraged family and friends to move to E.on last year who will also exit due to the new uncompetitive tariffs.

Best wishes,

Tracey

Many thanks for your kind words about Helena and myself Tracey. They're appreciated.

Sorry to see you go too. I'll be happy to add this post to the feedback I'm giving. I'll also highlight the wider impact through the effect on family and friends you mention.

Hope my earlier post to Susan1942 above (#22) about the Price Protection window helps you as well.

Thanks again Tracey and best wishes to you too.

Malc and Helena
    Options
    Three words that I'd probably use for new Eon customers taken in by the new deal: Hook, line and sinker.

Thanks for your post poppellerant. As above, I've added this to the feedback I've been giving management about our Saver Tariffs.

Malc
    Options
    Micron wrote: »
    Thanks Mazio for sharing the E.on email with us, it was good of the customer services to reply to you but be honest none of the email makes much sense, it's mostly management speak.

E.on does have a tariff that suits your needs but you can't have it.

The middle part is just total hogwash, so skip to the end:

If you’d prefer to speak with someone.....They’ll be happy to help you find a tariff that really suits you........
    No they can't find a tariff that really suits you that’s already been established in line one, ‘I’m sorry we don’t have a tariff that suits your needs’ calling an 'expert tariff advisor' will achieve absolutely nothing, the only positive thing an E.on expert tariff advisor could possibly do for you is advise you to leave E.on for another supplier, which would most probably result in them becoming an unemployed expert tariff advisor, but good advice all the same.

Morning Micron and thanks for your comments. I've tagged these on to your post yesterday (#14). I'll be feeding these back by close of play today if anyone else would like to be added.

I'm away from the office for a couple of weeks after then but I'm sure Helena will look after any subsequent comments/posts.

Malc
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Could someone, directly affected by EON's decision to disadvantage existing customers, attempt to get 'Watchdog' or similar to feature it in their programme?

I suspect Eon will make a calculated business decision by estimating how much revenue they will raise from those unaware of the cheaper tariff, against the numbers switching to a new supplier and loss of goodwill/reputation.

My concern is that other companies might follow Eon unless the matter is given adverse publicity.
  • rabialiones
    Options
    i wish to change from eon to bg/or a cheaper supplier as my fix ends today,
    however, when I spoke earlier on during week to rep. she said they would not release me because my account was £340debit and they have just increased my monthly direct debit.
    how can I get around this as I do not want to go onto their tariff
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family