PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Tax credits are finally sorted - although DH has now decided he wants a card making for his parents' anniversary at the weekend, pain! Going back to the paid work, but thinking of taking a break at 14:30 so anyone up for a HHC then?
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cant remember who started the conversation about cheaper stores own brand washing powder not disolving at low temps. well i can confirm the asda one doesnt!!!!! ive just about got to the end of the good brands washing powder at bought cheap last year so id bought a box of asda cheap one, im testing a jumper for a supermarket so got to follow the washing instructions properly wool wash at 40* bunged enough other stuff in to make up the load. the tea towels are still mucky and everything is covered in white gritty powder. GRRRRRR.

I used mine up by mixing it with a box of more expensive stuff that solved the issue thankfully..

My advice.. write/email the store and complain about its crapness.. you never know you may get vouchers in return!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • charlylovesphil
    Options
    Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Level One

[STRIKE]Clear and wipe surfaces[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe dining table[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Clear floors[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    Mop & hoover floors
    Wash any pet bedding/clean out any pets
    Clean microwave
    Extras
    [STRIKE]Wipe & water plants[/STRIKE]
    Clear a hotspot
    Wipe out fridge

Wednesday - Bathroom & Study
    Level One
    Clean toilets
    Level Two
    Clean bath, shower, sinks
    Clear and mop floors
    Level Three
    Wipe tiles
    Clear and wipe desk
    Wipe screens and mouse
    Extras
    HH Paperwork
    Defrag computer
    Delete unwanted emails

[STRIKE]Sort out DD's phone[/STRIKE]Post CM forms
    Take dress back
    Sort laundry
    Put bits on ebay
    Ironing

Not sure how much will happen today, spent most of morning in Kings Lynn :( Have a nice day all!!

• abis21
    abis21 Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2012 at 9:16PM
    Options
    First of all - just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone on this thread for the lists and the motivation! My house is looking sooooooooo much better after just 1 week of flying :T:T I have learnt lots of things already too about frogs etc :D

I think I bit off a little too much yesterday with my list :o But determined to finish it by the end of the week, and luckily todays list is good for me because I am up to date with the bathroom so it just needs a quick swizz round to make sure I stay up to date. And I don't have a study - phew! May have to delay the HH paperwork for another day tho, because thats a task that definately should not be crossed off my list...

Level One
    Clear and wipe surfaces
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe dining table[/STRIKE]
    Clear floors
    Level Three
    Mop & hoover floors
    Wash any pet bedding/clean out any pets
    [STRIKE]Clean microwave[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    Wipe & water plantsEasy one - we don't have any :D
    Clear a hotspot
    Wipe out fridge

I am also going to:

[STRIKE]* Clean oven (the oven pride should be working its magic [/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    whilst I am at work...)[/STRIKE] Oh my gosh - so with I never started this job!! Took about 2 hours!! I have blisters from scrubbing! It sparkles now tho, so I can look back on it and be proud :T

* Declutter >all< surfaces - which in turn means decluttering some of the cupboards to find more space to store things.
    [STRIKE]* Wash curtains [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* Wash light fitting down[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* Wash extractor down and replace grease filter / carbon[/STRIKE]
    * Clean bin
    [STRIKE]* Descale kettle[/STRIKE]
    * Polish up all stainless steel things
    [STRIKE]* Clean tops of cupboards[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* Clean all spider webs / dust from ceiling[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* Re-route wire for joggler so that wire is hidden[/STRIKE]
    * Wash down back door

Level One
    Clean toilets
    Level Two
    Clear and mop floors
    Level Three
    Wipe tiles
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe desk[/STRIKE] No desk
    [STRIKE]Wipe screens and mouse[/STRIKE] Cleaned laptop on monday
    Extras
    HH Paperwork
    [STRIKE]Defrag computer[/STRIKE] Leave to DH to do and he keeps on top of things like that
    Delete unwanted emails
    :love: Married my lobster in July 2011 :love:

TTC # 2 since Oct 2011 - good things come to those who wait :o

:dance: 2013 is going to be our lucky year :dance:
  • abis21
    abis21 Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    amyloofoo wrote: »
    Tax credits are finally sorted - although DH has now decided he wants a card making for his parents' anniversary at the weekend, pain! Going back to the paid work, but thinking of taking a break at 14:30 so anyone up for a HHC then?

Yay for sorting tax credits. :T I'm up for a HHC at 2.30 - need to get going with my list!
    :love: Married my lobster in July 2011 :love:

TTC # 2 since Oct 2011 - good things come to those who wait :o

:dance: 2013 is going to be our lucky year :dance:
  • macpep1
    macpep1 Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all :wave:

Hope you are all well, I had a wee browse at 6am this morning while lying in bed drinking :coffee:, got up at 6.30 to clean out ensuite so Wednesdays list is 50% done, just need to clean the bathroom tonight whilst DS is in the bath & will do the bath & floor when he comes out.

DH taking DS to football 6-7 tonight, DD & I need to drop a birthday pressie in to cousin then home, make a SW chilli & SW Bolognese bake (all for freezer), make packed lunches for school/work, sort out clothes/uniforms, baths & showers, clean rest of bathroom then chill! :eek:

Monday - Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    Extras
    HHI
    Empty all bins
    Level Three
    Mop & floors
    Clean microwave
    Extras
    HHI

Wednesday - Bathroom & [STRIKE]Study[/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    [/STRIKE]don't have a study
    Level One
    Clean toilets
    Level Two
    Clear and mop floors
    Level Three
    Wipe tiles
    Wipe screens and mouse
    Extras
    Defrag computer
    :TGratitude is the best Attitude :T
    Long Term Flylady
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    abis21 wrote: »
    I'm up for a HHC at 2.30 - need to get going with my list!

ill join you DH has just been fed and gone back to work so i need to get going again before the lads come home from school
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 October 2012 at 3:15PM
    Options
    abis21 wrote: »
    Yay for sorting tax credits. :T I'm up for a HHC at 2.30 - need to get going with my list!

:j Yey! My plan during HHC is to sort the kitchen and wipe down everything in the bathroom / sweep the floor - then I'm going to put my hard work to good use and have a bath :rotfl: DH and I are going out for the anniversary of when we met tonight so I'd better make myself look presentable after a day of working in my PJs :o

Post HHC Edit: Now feeling very smug as most of my list's done so I'm retiring to the bath with a cup of tea! May or may not see you all later depending on how long it takes me to make myself look decent :rotfl: Good luck with all the flying :grin:
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Clean toilets[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clean bath, shower, sinks
    Clear and mop floors[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    Wipe tiles
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe desk
    Wipe screens and mouse[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    HH Paperwork
    [STRIKE]Delete unwanted emails[/STRIKE]

Did a couple of hhc during work breaks, done loads of paid stuff, caught up with laundry, emptied DW, put Xmas bits in top of cupboard, tidied shoe rack, how many pairs of boots do I need? :rotfl: we are lookin good!!! :D

It will all change tomorrow as kiddies will be at home for next four days. They are staying at my mums on Saturday night though, as I'm off out for a curry, with my support group pals :T

Inlaws should be back Friday, so will probably catch up with them this weekend, they will be keen to see the tots - apparently we have footwear, she was after some "uggs" for DD and saw some pumps for DS too, not sure if I have any though ;) not that she'd fit uggs in her case in my size <tries to hide humongous feet under chair> oh and my dad is back too, so ditto visiting. Not that he will have brought me boots either haha
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Abis well done on the oven cleaning.

Very please with myself I have:

Hoovered and mopped downstairs
    S&S sinks and toilets
    Done one hour in the room of doom, all paperwork in there now filed and half the room cleaned. I am determined to do 1 hours a day in there until it is finished and DH can do a couple of hours in there over the weekend too!

Just going to check some bank accounts then cuppa and a bit of cooking/baking.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport