Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks JoJo it does feel good but it hurts to pay so much for past me when I'd rather spend on now me or save for future me. But it is nice to see the figure at less than half it was :)

I'll look up the soup you mention as I love tom soup :) My soup is more a whatever I happen to have soup...Ha!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, it is frustrating isn't it? I felt the same paying all that money to remortgage our house to pay off our shared equity company. I know it's good in the long run but I feel like we're paying for 'mistakes' that we made almost 10 years ago - if we'd just been patient and stayed at home another couple of years then we'd never have taken on shared equity...etc etc. You catch the drift.

It'd be much nicer to have that money to yourself, but before long, you'll be debt free and you'll feel all the better for being able to use your additional income how you please, be that savings, treats, holidays, A NEW BATHROOM, etc.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Woohoo! Fantastic progress. And that cooker will still be waiting for you to take it home when you're ready :D

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks FT :)
    JoJo I hope I can survive another 9 months without a functional bathroom :( what did you decide about getting yours done?

Today I have struggled with overwhelm but I have just sorted my kitchen and work room and prepped lunch for tomorrow. Alright, boiled a few eggs then...

I decluttered a dress and some brand new jeans (never worn) and not really my style now they finally fit :)

In the city tomorrow so off to sort the bins ( the glamour, the glamour) and some other large items for collection.

The end of the week is nearly here and I made it :) You did too :)
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    Options
    We haven't decided anything about our bathroom yet...to be honest, we've just avoided making the decision. My husband hasn't yet asked his friend to give us any prices etc so I won't know how feasible it is until we know what kind of material cost it'll be. Either way, it's not on the cards immediately, but having the labour covered by a favour would be a massive discount!

Sounds like you have been nice and productive already - well done on making it to Friday!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am meal planning as my big debt overpayment has left me with a tight month. I don't mind but I need to be the top of my food budget as unexpected spends on food and drink is where my money gets wasted.

This menu is meatier than I would ideally like but I had a YS gammon that I defrosted and boiled so I am using that as the bulk of some meals. The chicken is small amounts and more veggies really

Main meal
    Chicken, garlic mushroom, sweet potato chips and salad
    Ham, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with miso and tahini sauce
    Thai chicken yellow curry (add green broccoli and baby corn) on quinoa and rice
    Bean pasta with anchovies and parmesan with green garlic beans
    Thai chicken yellow curry (add mushrooms) on quinoa and rice
    Ham and egg salad
    Stir fry veggies on rice and quinoa with tahini sauce

Lunch
    Ham and lentil soup with coriander
    Leftovers
    Ham salad

Breakfast
    Boiled egg and toast
    Yoghurt and kiwi fruit

I guess whatever the week brings I can eat well so I am thankful for that

Happy Sunday
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello DIA. Well done on the big chunk of debt fall and getting organised on your blind spot areas. Mine is also in buying food during the week.

What concert did you go to. As someone else who struggles in crowds, I feel your overwhelm. Well done for going anyway.

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello DIA. Well done on the big chunk of debt fall and getting organised on your blind spot areas. Mine is also in buying food during the week.

What concert did you go to. As someone else who struggles in crowds, I feel your overwhelm. Well done for going anyway.

MTxx

Thanks MT

I went to see a Chinese-Anglo poetry-music collaboration event. It was more for the friend I went with as she knew the poet. I am due to see Angels in America next month and I am so looking forward to it. Have you seen anything good lately?

I am pleased with my debt level although I am aware I have 9 paydays until the end of the year and nearly 11,000 debt so there is no place for complacency as I need to find 2,000 more from somewhere...

I am trying to eat from the freezer when I can this month and I am giving up coffee after experiencing severe palpitations and sickness one day this week, so that should save a few pennies...

I was pleased to read you are feeling the benefits of taking your vitamins. I keep meaning to do the same…off to take some vit D and iron.

Have a lovely day MT and everyone else too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I had angelic reiki which was interesing.
    Like you I am doing freezer eating til the end of month.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JoJoC
    Options
    Your meal plan looks delicious! I need to do one for this week but I must go through the freezer first... a job for lunchtime as I'm WFH today. Might take some inspiration from your list!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport