Free kindle fire HD with Daily Mail plus

Options

Comments

• JillyCornwall
    Options
    dbr007 wrote: »
    My parents decided to take up this offer and received their kindle on Thursday. However my mum who's in her 70s just can't manage it. Do they have any rights to return it for a refund. My father emailed them straight away but they have not been contacted with a response and they are getting anxious!

The T & C's say you can cancel by 'ringing' them within 7 days -E-mail may not be suitable.
    :T2013...nothing..still hoping though!!
  • Ann_U_Ity
    Ann_U_Ity Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2013 at 1:00PM
    Options
    But you need to act fast as I plan to take up the offer today. Ah just seen advice you can get a refund. I will order my own.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ann_U_Ity wrote: »
    But you need to act fast as I plan to take up the offer today. Ah just seen advice you can get a refund. I will order my own.

Sorry,who needs to act fast?
  • LeonardC
    Options
    Is this offer for a 16GB or 32GB?
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LeonardC wrote: »
    Is this offer for a 16GB or 32GB?

according to the t&c it is 8GB
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Syman wrote: »
    according to the t&c it is 8GB

Using up old stock of the non HD model?
  • custardy
    Options
    come on people
    click the link!
    Worth £119, a Kindle Fire HD is yours absolutely FREE when you subscribe to Mail Plus for a year.

With a 12-month subscription you'll pay £119.88 and we’ll give you a new generation Kindle Fire HD 7" 8GB tablet absolutely FREE.

Mail Plus is the amazing new app from the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, designed specially for the Kindle Fire HD.

With Mail Plus, you can enjoy all the quality of the printed edition, plus more to read, more pictures, video to watch all day and 30 puzzles to play on screen.

Plus see the Mail's three magazines Weekend, You and Event come to life on the Kindle Fire HD with even more features than in the printed editions.

We only have limited stocks of this fantastic offer, so get yours by buying your subscription now!

Offer limited to one per customer.
  • Kleptronic
    Options
    My parents bought this and it's a complete nightmare.
    1) They have been sent a Kindle Fire not a Kindle Fire HD. No camera.
    2) The Mail Plus application does not work properly, fails to download the paper, is mostly blank when it does and has to be fully uninstalled and reinstalled every other day.
    3) As they didn't have any trouble with the app until the second week, and didn't know they hadn't got a Kindle Fire HD, they did not return it (unopened, as specified by the company! how can you tell if it works if you don't open it?) within 7 days and cannot get their money back, phoning and emailing gets them nowhere.

This is not fit for purpose and not what was stated in the offer, they have been ripped off. Mail Plus, a division of Associated Newspapers Limited, offered a new generation Kindle Fire HD 7’ 8GB tablet and an application to read the Mail every day and this is NOT what they got.
  • custardy
    Options
    Kleptronic wrote: »
    My parents bought this and it's a complete nightmare.
    1) They have been sent a Kindle Fire not a Kindle Fire HD. No camera.
    2) The Mail Plus application does not work properly, fails to download the paper, is mostly blank when it does and has to be fully uninstalled and reinstalled every other day.
    3) As they didn't have any trouble with the app until the second week, and didn't know they hadn't got a Kindle Fire HD, they did not return it (unopened, as specified by the company! how can you tell if it works if you don't open it?) within 7 days and cannot get their money back, phoning and emailing gets them nowhere.

This is not fit for purpose and not what was stated in the offer, they have been ripped off. Mail Plus, a division of Associated Newspapers Limited, offered a new generation Kindle Fire HD 7’ 8GB tablet and an application to read the Mail every day and this is NOT what they got.

The new Kindle Fire HD has no camera
  • Kleptronic
    Options
    Really? Well that's me red faced! :)

Mail Plus app still doesn't work though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure