No buying unnecessary toiletries April 2014

Options

Comments

• hammyham
    hammyham Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    TiffanyJayne, I've got a Pixi pallette and don't love it, I find some of the shades a bit chalky?

Not to enable, but has anyone seen the TSV on QVC tomorrow? I want it terribly (it's rare that I would wear every colour!) but I know I shouldn't... xxx
    No buying toiletries 2015 - 1 in
    52 week challenge
    £2015 in 2015
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    UU big Lush snow fairy, luckily there's another two in the stash:j
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 April 2014 at 10:31PM
    Options
    hammyham wrote: »
    TiffanyJayne, I've got a Pixi pallette and don't love it, I find some of the shades a bit chalky?

Not to enable, but has anyone seen the TSV on QVC tomorrow? I want it terribly (it's rare that I would wear every colour!) but I know I shouldn't... xxx

That's me off to the QVC website. What is it? Nail polish is a massive weakness of mine (along with fragrance,,eyeshadow.... The list goes on).

In my defence I don't smoke & hardly drink so make up is my thing.

Just peeked. Oh my God I'd use all of that except one which can go on ebay. Wonder how much it is....
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dippy3103 wrote: »
    That's me off to the QVC website. What is it? Nail polish is a massive weakness of mine (along with fragrance,,eyeshadow.... The list goes on).

In my defence I don't smoke & hardly drink so make up is my thing.

Just peeked. Oh my God I'd use all of that except one which can go on ebay. Wonder how much it is....

I have just lifted this info from QVC on Shopping TV site,

OPI 7 Piece Ultimate Nail Treatment & Lacquer Collection
    Item Number: 205400
    QVC Price: £42.00
    Today's Special Value Price £30.48
    P&P £4.95

I think I will pass on this, don't need nail envy or avoplex and already have a glitter base coat I bought from Sally Magpies, will watch the presentation and perhaps pick off the couple I might want from *bay at some stage:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • hammyham
    hammyham Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    See, a glitter base I don't have, and would be v useful, my cuticles are all dry and peely so the oil would be useful (urgh!) and I'd use both the nail envys. I bought an alternative to the nail envy and it was a total non economical buy as literally lasts a day without peeling! And also the coloured ones are all ones I'd actually use which is useful (and rare!). Oh god I've basically already decided haven't I! xxx
    No buying toiletries 2015 - 1 in
    52 week challenge
    £2015 in 2015
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    If anyone is up, please talk me out of that Lancome offer......please! I'm waning, very very badly!!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Back to the cracked heels. Not sure how deep the heel crack was in my friend's case, but cellulitis is a subcutaneous skin infection that only needs a break in the skin to get a foothold. I must emphasise, that is if the circulation is compromised (as it was and still is in my case, and my friend's).
    Most people won't develop cellulitis from a skin abrasion, but I did. It's not worth the risk, when regular pampering can prevent it.

PP UU of Schwarzkopf Gliss Volume Conditioner for fine, flat damaged hair.
    WIBA? Yep, if it's still made. I've never seen it in the shops, this was a £land buy. Meanwhile I do need a decent conditioner to help me to use up the 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioners, which aren't really conditioning enough.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Enabling post

Looking for some advice on a [STRIKE]few things[/STRIKE] lot of things

Palettes, need a long lasting eye shadow palettes that's less than £20, MUA were all sold out and the W7 have bad reviews on longevity so i'm stuck

Pix! - anyone used their products? i got sent a lipstick duo and it's fab but i'd like to try their palettes and foundation, just don't want to waste more cash on stuff that won't suit as it's online purchase only for me.

Firming creams, i need a good firmer for breasts and bums/thighs, i'm losing weight and it's showing on my skin so i need some help but don't know where to start.

Sorry for all the questions, i was going to start a new thread but figured more people look on here :) xx

Have you tried Superdrug or MUA online for your palette?
    Postage is free for orders of £10 at Superdrug.
    Never tried Pixi make up.
    The new palette everyone is raving about is Make Up Revolution. I believe they have a website and I think Superdrug now also sell it online. No idea on longevity, though.

Firming creams, never found one that worked. Sorry.

No UUs here but a couple of splutterers so hopefully soon.

Still waiting for my YBD box which I ordered on the 1st. :mad:
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • SarahB1989_2
    Options
    TiffanyJayne - I think BarryM are doing palettes now, I've seen pretty good reviews. Also UD Naked Basics is only just over your budget, so if you keep an eye out for a sale it'd probably go under £20.

1 IN, 1 OUT here, both nail polish remover so nothing to say.
    New graduate trying to get debt-free.
    Make £5/day challenge: August £84.08/155
    I owe £5400 (plus £
    34,000 Student Finance)

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Enabling post

I know i shouldn't but! for those with bad feet boots have a BOGOHP on at the minute making the heel repair cream just £4.04ea not much of a saving but worth the cost if you plan to have your feet out over summer.

I have 2 ins

Argan oil conditioner and cocoa body scrub - no cost here, i cleaned the hallway cupboard out and found them in a bag but thought i'd better add them to my list.

Used up my second
    Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Rejuvenating Facial Serum serum today, smells lush and makes my face really soft but the tiny samples aren't enough to tempt me to buy it

Looking for some advice on a [STRIKE]few things[/STRIKE] lot of things

Palettes, need a long lasting eye shadow palettes that's less than £20, MUA were all sold out and the W7 have bad reviews on longevity so i'm stuck

Pix! - anyone used their products? i got sent a lipstick duo and it's fab but i'd like to try their palettes and foundation, just don't want to waste more cash on stuff that won't suit as it's online purchase only for me.

Firming creams, i need a good firmer for breasts and bums/thighs, i'm losing weight and it's showing on my skin so i need some help but don't know where to start, anyone tried S+Gs latest?

and finally marine cream.....i'm told it's the HG for most people, not sure i need it but my mums just hit 50 and going through the MP, could this help her dehydrated, loose, smoking aged skin? not sure what it does but i'd like to treat her and think this might help cheer her up.

Sorry for all the questions, i was going to start a new thread but figured more people look on here :) xx

I had a Pixi quad and it was rubbish imo, if you go with the MUA palettes invest in a primer like UD primer potion and they will last really well. UD Naked Basics is a fab palette, I also love Too Faced which are a bit more money but really lovely.

I wouldn't waste your money on a skin firming product my advice would be to use a body brush on dry skin or scrubby gloves in the bath/shower then moisturise every day the rubbing in acts as a massage.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family