Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all. Well we havent been paid yet and on our last few quid now (despite having over £100 in my pp that i cant access as my paypal is in my maiden name and my bank is in my married name lol

Got more maternity stuff to list but have had to buy some more secondhand stuff in the next size up for the last few weeks as i seem to be gaining weight like crazy :( Luckily ive gotten some bargains (some didnt fit so sold them on but i really feel like i need to be comfortable in my clothes for that last stretch).

Im finding the stuff i list at 99p is going for well more than what id anticipated. I listed several things on a few quid start and they never got bids, relisted at 99p starts and they went for 2x or 3x more than what i thought id get for them :T I know its not guaranteed but i got alot of it cheap in the sales anyway so im making profit on some items!

Sarah x

PS hoping to have some more money aside from the wages this week to add to my total :)
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails
    Options
    Great. Massive blow :( Husband has checked the savers (which i dont yet have access to), and its empty. Its supposed to have £200 in it. Apparently we took out £400 at beginning of August but no idea what it was for. So we've screwed ourselves over basically by being negligent :mad: I just want to go crawl into a hole and die now :mad::(

Why do i even bother
  • happytails
    Options
    This has finally given me the kick up the !!!! to sort out my online banking and access to that account. Which is now done, so thats a step in the right direction. But looks like my 0% for debt 2 is sat at 0% until weve got paid this month and ive managed to transfer my PP balance over and got musicmagpie's money. Urgh, no point whinging about the past, lesson learned.
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh happytails - sending you lots of love.

Do you think someone may have got hold of the money without it being you - I would ask the bank to look into it - you never know you may get the £200 back?
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • happytails
    Options
    Oh happytails - sending you lots of love.

Do you think someone may have got hold of the money without it being you - I would ask the bank to look into it - you never know you may get the £200 back?

Nope its us, just being blind/absentminded/stupid *sigh* Not thinking properly at the time clearly. :o
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    This has finally given me the kick up the !!!! to sort out my online banking and access to that account. Which is now done, so thats a step in the right direction. But looks like my 0% for debt 2 is sat at 0% until weve got paid this month and ive managed to transfer my PP balance over and got musicmagpie's money. Urgh, no point whinging about the past, lesson learned.

Hi, how did you manage to transfer the pp funds with the account being in your maiden name please? Did you change your name over-coz I'm in that position too atm. My bank account is in my married name and haven't changed paypal over yet.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Number 79 Hanliam checking in. A fairly productive month with a further 5% paid off taking us to 10% now- this has been done with some careful budgeting and a bit of ebay-ing. I've also used Topcashback as needed to renew house insurance, and car insurance - in both cases, I used moneysupermarket comparison sites to find the cheapest deal - then checked to see who was the cheapest - and then managed to find both of them on cashback - so have saved over £20 a month in the monthly payments - as well as earning £105 in cashback which I should collect in 3 or 4 months. Never used it before and never would have found it out without this thread - so thanks all.

Whilst we have done 10% in 2 months which is great, we are now moving house so will be incurring a lot more costs (currently we get our house free with my husbands job, but he is moving on, so we will be starting to pay rent - and gambling on him getting lots of new work. We can still meet our minimum monthly payments, which will work out about 3% a month, but it's going to be tricky to do more than that, plus we need to get an oven and sort out flooring. I'm on a bargain hunt!

Sending lots of positive debt busting vibes out to everyone.
    Cheers hanliam
  • happytails
    Options
    Um i cheated and sent it to my husbands business pp account, he has withdrawn it to his business bank account and will transfer it to our personal savers (a bit long winded but im useless at sending docs to people to change my name etc over and PP is a pain to sort i believe.)

tattycath wrote: »
    Hi, how did you manage to transfer the pp funds with the account being in your maiden name please? Did you change your name over-coz I'm in that position too atm. My bank account is in my married name and haven't changed paypal over yet.
  • happytails
    Options
    Withdrew £70 from Ebay sales so that is 10% when i hits our account. (and it will stay in the account this time!), Going to be after weekend now. The £30 from Music magpie is a further 4% (rounded down) so just need to list a load more bits on Ebay and hopefully get The savings for debt 2 up to 20% (£42 more needed from Ebay) And hopefully we can get another 30% from our wages (£210) if we are lucky, havent looked at our outgoings this month yet. I need to have minimum of 50% either way by September 30th as ill only have October left to find the other 50% before the bank change the charges on my account for the last £700 on my overdraft.

Once ive got the overdraft down by £700 (total o/d debt will be £2000 then) i will be back focusing on debt one, the evil credit card! We are making just above the minimum payment on that atm but from November we will be aiming to clear that off asap, set to clear by Aug 2013, anything before that will be thanks to this thread and this challenge :)

Listed 4 bits on Ebay so far tonight, got to take pics of the rest tomorrow and get those listed in the evening (they will be on a 3 day listing to end sunday).

Sarah x
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Totally off topic - sorry! But I just want to get off my chest.... Found out today that DS2 (3 yrs) will need surgery to correct a problem 'downstairs'. Not life threatening or anything but I'm half releived that it's been sorted out at last but also pretty anxious about general anesthetic etc....
    Watching paralympic ceremony and drinking wine - not V diet friendly - must try to avoid the ice cream in freezer...
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills