June 2011 Brides

Options

Comments

• Emma1988
    Emma1988 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Curly Lou

I had the same problem as you... all the dress seemed to be like size 8's! Which was a little annoying. I dont know what size you are, but no matter what im sure you look fab! I hate my arms and was sure i wanted something to cover them up too... in the end i got a viel, which i was totally not wanting before i went in the shop! But i love it! Really Really love it!!! Means i wont get too hot and sweaty and it covers my arms ( i swear i turn into a orange mess all the time!) And if it makes you feel any better about wedding dresses, they are usually a size smaller. (Or so im told!) Im a size 14, and i got a size 16. What is your budget? one dress i tried on was stunning and had a lovely bolero, and was very reasonable... if its within your budget, i will find it and send you a link :)
  • curlylou1986
    Options
    Hey emma - glad not the only one then! at the moment i am a size 24 ish... Though - things may be more difficult for me than realising to be honest now with dresses as i have just found out that i am pregnant! 6 1/2 weeks to be precise! :eek:
    Complete shock and very unplanned... got a lot of things going on in our heads at the moment and i do not know what we are doing with wedding things - need to cut budget immensly though!
    Went to doctors today and need to call tomo and get a midwife appointment.
    It hasnt sunk in properly yet, and me and OH feel like we are pretending at the moment! lol. told my mum and sister and one of the girls at work.. neeed to tell OH parents tomo (am scared about that part!) but its exciting and nerveracking and everything at once!! :rotfl:

so with regards to budget etc who knows!!! we need to sit and sort, but at the mo letting it sink in a bit more that we are going to be having a baby!! :j
    Can send me a link any way as be good to see what you tried :D
    hope you are getting on Ok wit other bits too and everyone else is as well! xx
    :heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!
  • TamVilla80
    Options
    Hey emma - glad not the only one then! at the moment i am a size 24 ish... Though - things may be more difficult for me than realising to be honest now with dresses as i have just found out that i am pregnant! 6 1/2 weeks to be precise! :eek:
    Complete shock and very unplanned... got a lot of things going on in our heads at the moment and i do not know what we are doing with wedding things - need to cut budget immensly though!
    It hasnt sunk in properly yet, and me and OH feel like we are pretending at the moment! lol. told my mum and sister and one of the girls at work.. neeed to tell OH parents tomo (am scared about that part!) but its exciting and nerveracking and everything at once!! :rotfl:

so with regards to budget etc who knows!!! we need to sit and sort, but at the mo letting it sink in a bit more that we are going to be having a baby!! :j

Wow CurlyLou, congratulations! Our first pregnant June 2011 bride, lol. When is your new addition due then? Hope telling the oh's parents went ok!
  • picklepick
    picklepick Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    woohoo curlylou, massive congratulations to you and h2b!!
    you must be so excited!

hope your little one isnt due on your wedding day!? eek
    What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
  • misscoupon
    Options
    Add me in on 18th June! Very very excited :j
    :grinheart It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future :grinheart
  • nunnygirl
    nunnygirl Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    Curly......congrats hun!!

I'd check your due date if I was you ;)
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 1216 -
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • curlylou1986
    Options
    Thankyou for the congrats ladies :D
    We havent told OH parents yet as everytime we gone round neither of them are there!! its really stressing us out them not being at home... we will prob pop back later on, think OH is asking where his dad is watching the game to determin whether they be at home together!!

I phoned and got booked in for letter from the midwife today - was so strange hearing someone say that they would see me and my baby soon for the appointment!
    I still cant quite believe it!! lol... am sure it will sink in soon...?!

Well due date roughly from what the doctor said/we worked out would be 30th May... but doctor said sometimes first can go 2 weeks over... so thats bout the 14th :eek: Wedding date 24th...!!

Oohh OH just heard back from parents they staying at home to watch the game... will be going round later on. Its been nice knowing you ladies!! lol.
    hopefully be ok, its just there are a lot of issues with OH bro and his fiance - been together since last september, she is proper bunny boiler, had bout 4 pregnancy scares within first 6 months, she ended up homeless as didnt renew contract on her house share to move with his bro after 6 months being together, works part time and OH bro pays all the bills, she has been rude to all of us, soon as we were engaged last november she was talking bout her wedding and what she going to have etc.. when only been together 2 months. they got engaged in june after talking about it and picking rings etc when helping us move into our house in Jan talking about her and bro's place going to be a bigger house etc - awhole load of trouble and heart ache on that topic. plus sunday when we went to say bye to OH nanny who been staying his mum had been fighting with his bro cos the bunny came off the implant 3 weeks ago and had to take morning after pill 2 times AND done a test (negative) but still had sore boobs.... and mum was fuming!! :(
    though we have all the defensives worked out, lol - we will have been together 5 years in march, lived together 2 and half years, wedding booked so its not like i am trapping him or anything like the bunny!
    sorry for the rant, its a sore topic and one that is very difficult to handle.
    Any ways run on enough - we are off round there in a few mins.
    thankyou for the congrats everyone!! xxx
    :heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!
  • Emma1988
    Emma1988 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options

Congratulations! That will land you right in june wont it? Good luck with your plans whatever you decide for your wedding :)

http://www.marklesley.co.uk/Mark-Lesley.html
    Its style 36 out of the 90 bridal styles
  • mrsL2b
    Options
    wow congrats Curlylou thats wonderful news! that was one of my nightmares but if you are due before thats fine...after would have been a killer!!!!! its so exciting and i can understand you wanting to cut the budget down!!!!! Good luck and hope the telling of the OH parents went ok!!!!
    Getting Married 25th June 2011
    10lb to go!:T
  • RainbowDrops
    Options
    Yuu guys are all so excited and i'm dreading planning, i think i should have had a wedding planner but i just can't afford it. I think that is what i'm worried about the most, paying for it and then not liking what i have chosen and wasting money!!! Plus my other half is dragging his heels and just keeps saying its your day, and as i keep telling him its our day!

I just want to be as exciited as you lot!!

I'm in a similar ish situation actually.

The last few months wedding planning has gone off the burner as we got distracted by house buying.
    I've really struggled to get back into organising things properly again for some reason.
    For example, we STILL need to send out Save The Dates (ordered the magnets in July!), I need to book the hotel for the night before for me & my family, I want to find a harpist of something for the ceremony, we need to decide on whether or not to have a band, and I REALLY need to start thinking seriously about whether I'll buy a Dress from somewhere like Monsoon, or get my friend to make one.

Must. Stop. Procrastinating!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport