Options

Comments

• Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 February 2011 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Hi,

My brother has recently recieved a letter from the premium bonds saying 'thank you for your investment of £4000'
    Is it possible they have made a mistake?
    We cannot think of any family member that may have invested for him.
    He thinks he may have entered an online survey to win some a while ago but would have thought the survey company would have let him know he would have won?
    We're confused and looking for some answers,

cheers,

Mike

All he has to do is phone NS&I and ask ... freephone 0500 007 007 ... it's not rocket science.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • ashteadgirl
    Options
    Amazed 2 X £25 cheques arrived in the post this morning - much earlier in the month than usual; especially after all the posts about last months being really late and the note on the ns & i web page. Off to bank them later today;)!!
  • Hairy_Dan
    Options
    Amazed 2 X £25 cheques arrived in the post this morning - much earlier in the month than usual; especially after all the posts about last months being really late and the note on the ns & i web page. Off to bank them later today;)!!

My 2 x £25 winnings were paid directly into my account yesterday:T
  • Notadamsmith
    Options
    My 1 £100. win still hasn't arrived. Used to think the smallest ones arrived later in the month.
  • ps2659
    ps2659 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    High prize winners for March is now listed online.
  • Notadamsmith
    Options
    Nothing for me. Anyone else?
  • Sandblast
    Sandblast Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The big prize has gone to someone on the wirral with a 5k holding so congrats to them.
  • leah26_2
    Options
    i hold £1000, and have never won anything. :( had it for about 2 years aswell.
  • Gorgeous_George
    Gorgeous_George Posts: 7,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    leah26 wrote: »
    i hold £1000, and have never won anything. :( had it for about 2 years aswell.

That's pretty good for premium bonds. With average luck you would have won £25 and £0 is just one win short of that :)

Only the high value wins have been published for March (here).

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    Silly question-does anyone know what bank account Premium Bonds make payments from (when they're putting prizes into your account)?

I had a mysterious £100 paid into my account on 7 Feb, and I do have some bonds (though prizes are supposed to be reinvested, and have been in the past).

It was from an odd account number-all 4's.

I've done the decent thing and rung my bank, but they couldn't tell me where the money had come from.

So this is my best guess for the moment. Is it right? :)
    import this
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure