Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• macgirl
    macgirl Posts: 5,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi EE, I seen you on PAd and thought I'd say hi :hello:

Sounds like you're very focused, so keep up the good work.
    Hope your DH is recovering too.
    Good luck with it all, Mac x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hi again,

I'm doing well with this diary lark - have posted every day so far. The real test starts tomorrow as back to school and work and will be so busy!

Today has been an awful day, DD had grand plans that we should meet DH for lunch (she thinks it's grown up thing to do) but had to wait for boiler man. He was due between 12 & 5 so guessed that he would turn up at 12 but no he did not arrive until 5 so we completely missed out on going out.

However boiler is all fixed, took him 1.5hrs but we shall no longer be cold.

Had grand plans about making Twinks hob nobs and cakes etc but was worried if I started it and the boiler man turned up I would be distracted and things might burn.

So... I have made neither of the above, instead tonight I have cooked jacket potato's ready for lunch tomorrow and made home made coleslaw. Have managed to use 1/8th of a red cabbage and made tons so what possessed me to order 2 before Xmas from greengrocers, they turned out to be massive. (note to self - consider sizes before ordering veg!!)

Have done my scratchcard and all my surveys bar one (need DS for this one and he had already gone to bed)

Lightspeed money already in Paypal so have transferred this to the bank account.

Have not managed to pay Turkey money in but hoping to do this tomorrow although lunch break will be taken up with driving to DS's school for lost property display as DS has lost expensive coat and will probably forget to go.
    He lost his rugby shirt last term (well he lent his PE kit out and the boy lost it) but forgot to go to lost property day and subsequently everything was binned that was left over!! Grrr

Have spent far too much today, went to Tesco for fruit etc and spent £11.??. Some of this is bread for ducks and geese as bakery we normally get bread from do not have our supplies until tomorrow so cheapest was value and brought 8 loaves @ 50p each.

Normally we get 20 big black sacks full of bread, rolls etc for £10.

Will make sure in future we do not run out!!

Hope it does not snow tonight otherwise no school. DH will have to stay at home as I have court tomorrow with a client.

Hope everyone had a good day.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Today's update should be short and sweet as need to have a bath and get to bed!!

Went to work, sooo busy and did not take a proper lunch break so Turkey Money not paid in. Will definitely be able to do this tomorrow as do not start until 10am.

My lunch break today was spent driving to DS' school as they had a lost property display and DS had lost his expensive coat (only bought in the summer!!) and he cannot be relied on to go and track it down. I know this for a fact because the last time they had a display he did not go to try and track his rugby shirt so he has been without one.

Luckily his coat was there (the name had rubbed off) and I mentioned to the teacher the saga of the rugby shirt (DS lent it to a friend as he had forgotten his and it was returned minus the rugby shirt) and she let me take away an unnamed one in the correct size. Yippee saves me forking out £15+ for another one.

I have done all my surveys tonight, oops have not done scratchie so will quickly do this.

PAD only of £5.00.

DH (well actually me using his login!!) has transferred his Paypal money to his account so hopefully it wil be there soon ready to be transferred on to the correct account.

NSD today, DH and I both took in jacket potato's to have with the home made coleslaw.

Oooh just realised it was not a NSD, I have been to the bakers and picked up bread for the animals so that was £10.
    To continue with my good efforts of money saving I have kept back one bag of rolls which were cooked yesterday morning and did not sell in the shop as they are still fresh and fine to eat. These can in the freezer ready for lunches.

Tomorrow I will also take back some fancy dress trousers to get my £20 deposit back and also take back some trousers I bought for DS as they do not have an elasticated waist.

Hope you are all ok and not snowed in.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say I had a survey from MyVoice today, seems I had signed up in 2004. Checking back on the history I completed the following surveys for them:

2004 - 4
    2005 - 4
    2006 - 2
    2007 - 0
    2008 - 2
    2009 - 3

Hmmm, now either they did not send me surveys or more likely I did not get round to doing them.

I have 545 points and need 2000 for a voucher so will keep plodding on!!

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Todays update is going to be short and sweet as I have a headache and need to get some sleep.

I managed to pay the Turkey money of £301 in, £70 is a cheque which will clear by next week, £31 I have used towards the childminders bill and so I managed a PAD of £200 today.

I took back my sons trousers and they refunded the money back onto the card.

I took the fancy dress trousers back and they won't let me have my deposit back as I am late. They are a charity shop and there are no signs about this so I could argue the toss but to be honest it has taught me a very valuable lesson - if DH does not care why should I.

DH was going to a 70's Xmas party and was late in ordering an outfit, it had not arrived by the afternoon of the party so I suggested he have a look in some of the charity shops but he could not be bothered so I traipsed round and got these trousers (the shirts had arrived that morning) for £7.50 plus £20 deposit.
    Luckily the suit turned up later that afternnon so DH wore that to the party. I forgot to take the items back before Xmas as sooo busy and then not at work over Xmas so they have kept the deposit.
    Why oh why did I bother trying to help him out when he didn't care himself?!?! The reason is because I knew that if he did not have anything to wear he would not have gone out and all hell would have broken loose!! Grrrr

Anyway...

I have done my scratchy today but no surveys as can't concentrate with this stupid headache.

My ebay items have finished, one item went for £16.55 + postage and another one went for £3.99 + postage. One item has not sold so will probably take to charity shop.

Need to get these packaged tomorrow but may be snowed in. DS sent home early from school, I left work early with tons of work to keep me occupied for a couple of days. KNowing my luck I have lugged home loads of folders for no reason and I will have to take them all back tomorrow!!! Grrrr

Spent money to day on fish food - £1.55 and a new diary - £1.00.

May tomorrow be a better day.

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Well maybe last nights update was not that short!!

Schools shut today so stayed at home with children, DH had day off for interview but this was cancelled although he did not know that until he got there as they did not ring him. I said that at least he showed willing!!

Likely that schools will be shut tomorrow so have the work I brought home yesterday to do.

I have done my scratchy for today and some of my surveys but I have got bored with them, think it is because I have been at home all day!!

PAD today of £5.00.

Spoken to people we are going to rent house off, estate agents have put request for credit check through and will take 2 weeks. Once this comes back we can look at a move in date but will probably be March now.
    At least this gives me more time to save the deposit and also see about buying this house and getting our own tenants?!?

NSD today as could not go anywhere. Not posted ebay things as did not want to drive too far in snow - wuss that I am!!

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Schools shut today so have done 7.5hrs of work at home today.

DH had to buy milk today, not sure how much he spent.

Have done the scratchy but not yet done surveys.

Paypal money of £89.65 showing so have transferred this to the correct account and it is already showing - God I love faster payments!!!

Checked my total in sig to bank account and it is exactly right - can't believe it.

Tomorrow is DD's birthday party - £9.95 per child, had invited 10 children but only 6 have replied and not all of them are coming. If the weather gets worse it could just be us 3!!! At least it will save money!

EE
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Helloo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hello:

Am most impressed at you managing to work whilst the offspring rampage around the house. OH only had to do it for a day and was ready to kill at the end of it as they were interfering with his quality PC time by demanding food constantly. DD2 did attempt to sort herself out but made a bowl of exploding porridge at which point OH gave in and supervised properly.

Have fun at DDs birthday party.

ps. Not jealous at all that you have a field or several hundred chucks. I have a 50 egg incubator which is most tempting but the owners of the field next door are refusing to sell unless I purchase a condemed farmouse with agricultural tie and 21 acres more than I actually want. Negotiations broke down when they suggested 20K per acre and I fell about laughing and offered 5K (which is still above average for the area).
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »
    Am most impressed at you managing to work whilst the offspring rampage around the house. OH only had to do it for a day and was ready to kill at the end of it as they were interfering with his quality PC time by demanding food constantly. DD2 did attempt to sort herself out but made a bowl of exploding porridge at which point OH gave in and supervised properly.

I was surprised as well!! DS was in his bedroom reading and watching TV. DD was on her laptop, she did disturb me once in the morning by asking how to spell a word - I didn't mind because then she said 'Sorry to disturb you!'

They did not ask for food, it was me that stopped at 12.30 for lunch and made them all something.

I carried on all afternoon and finished at 5.30pm and I hadn't been disturbed by them at all but my brother did call round just after 5 and was fascinated by my work so had to explain things to him!!

EE
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »
    ps. Not jealous at all that you have a field or several hundred chucks. I have a 50 egg incubator which is most tempting but the owners of the field next door are refusing to sell unless I purchase a condemed farmouse with agricultural tie and 21 acres more than I actually want. Negotiations broke down when they suggested 20K per acre and I fell about laughing and offered 5K (which is still above average for the area).

Don't be jealous, it is such hard work!!

We used to have a 25 egg incubator but DH bid on a 50 egg one by accident(!) so I made him sell his old one.

DH is a !!!!!! because he will slip eggs in without me knowing and when I realise it is too late to take them out as they are already forming.

This year we are hoping to hatch all our own turkeys instead of buying. Last year we hatched 8 ourselves and brought the rest as day olds.

Not sure if this will work as the fertile eggs sell on ebay for loads so it may be more profitable to sell all the eggs and buy the day olds in again!!

I am sorry you are having problems with extra land, neighbours can be an !!!!! sometimes!! :mad:

EE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport